OFFICIAL Cooper Cronk calls time on career

thoughts?

I don't know - he wasn't really a once in a generation player... in the QLD team he wasn't as good as Thurston or Smith.

God, it'd be a farce if Darren isn't the next Immortal.

View attachment 5260

thoughts?

I don't know - he wasn't really a once in a generation player... in the QLD team he wasn't as good as Thurston or Smith.

While he has achieved arguably more than some of those Immortals - premierships at multiple clubs, part of the QLD golden age, now has some grand final folklore to go with it etc, I think there’s an intangible quality or aura about certain players that put them in that higher echelon. They’re also players that defined or dominated a position, when they got the ball, you sat up and took notice. If you played against them, it’s a matter of when, not if, they’d make you look like you’re playing a different game to them. At least that’s what I feel it should be.

So Cronk, while a fantastic player, isn’t one of those guys. He is however, one of the best examples of hard work and application. You may not be as naturally talented, but you can still achieve greatness.

Having said all that, Johns is the only one I actually saw play, and his position there is still debatable in some regards, or at least the recency of it. I’m sure there are better judges on here though

Yeh last Friday night when he sooked over a perfectly legal tackle by Joffa must have made him realise afterwards he's just too old for the rough and tumble of NRL.

Good luck to him in the future. Please don't spoil such a great legacy with anymore of those sooks Cooper.
He earned his team a penalty when they were in all sorts of trouble. Clever work from one of the cleverest players to lace a boot in my lifetime.

If you class sooking as a shrewd way to earn a penalty your welcome to your idea of a great footy game. It's not mine though.

Cronk and the other twerp should have been penalized for their reaction. Pretty much shoved and held Offa to the ground.

If you class sooking as a shrewd way to earn a penalty your welcome to your idea of a great footy game. It's not mine though.
It earned him a penalty he otherwise wouldn't have gotten. How was it not shrewd?

Because it was done in a low underhand way. If you can't see that that sort of crap slipping into the game is the thin end of the wedge. If it continues we end up like the Prima donnas of European soccer. There's no place for it in our game and I'm sure there are many here who would agree.

Because it was done in a low underhand way. If you can't see that that sort of crap slipping into the game is the thin end of the wedge. If it continues we end up like the Prima donnas of European soccer. There's no place for it in our game and I'm sure there are many here who would agree.

Creeping in? It's been happening for a long time. Wally was the best at it.

Pat wasn't too bad either.

Gene got five minutes.

He earned his team a penalty when they were in all sorts of trouble. Clever work from one of the cleverest players to lace a boot in my lifetime.

Cronk's reaction isn't what earned them a penalty.

Creeping in? It's been happening for a long time. Wally was the best at it.

Pat wasn't too bad either.

Gene got five minutes.

At least our commentators call it out...mostly. In soccer they go along with it, even praise it.
[automerge]1558404749[/automerge]

I think it partly was. The other reason he got a penalty is because of who he is. Same reason he got 6 again for a shit pass.

Last edited:
I think there's a good chance Joffa's shot goes unpunished if Cronk and Chrichton don't escalate it by reacting the way they did, but I suppose they may have still blown the penalty without all the carry on.

View attachment 5260

thoughts?

It's a no from me. The concept has been cheapened enough as it is. Top tier hall of famer for sure though

I'd put him on par or just above a Ricky Stuart, agree with Port just below Alf and co. He's a QLD legend though, his most valuable contribution to rugby league.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.