NEWS Copley out with fractured throat

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Freshly reminted Dale Copley will miss the first month of the 2021 NRL season after copping a hit to the throat against Wynnum Manly on Friday. Scans reveal dislocated cartilage and a small fracture in his throat.

Cop this

A laryngoscopy revealed significant trauma to the throat and swelling in his airway.

Brisbane Broncos head of performance Andrew Croll said:

“Dale must rest from all exercise for at least a week and will have another laryngoscopy to determine if he needs surgery. He will need at least six weeks out of contact, and we will have to see how it settles to determine on when he can return to low intensity exercise.”

Get well soon Dale, from all of us at BHQ!

McHunt

Last edited:
man it seems like we have really copped a raw end with injury over these last few years. we have to be due for some luck at some stage

man it seems like we have really copped a raw end with injury over these last few years. we have to be due for some luck at some stage
What kind of luck, two weeks without injury?

Guess that locks in Farnworth and Niu as centres.

Pretty horrible injury. Saw a mate cop one of these mid game. Would rather broken ribs any day

Guess that locks in Farnworth and Niu as centres.

I think that was likely already the case, though apparently Niu almost played himself out of a spot according to those who watched the game closer than I.

Also worth noting that Copley played on the right wing (Coate’s spot). So perhaps Copley was never even really in the race for that centre position.

I think that was likely already the case, though apparently Niu almost played himself out of a spot according to those who watched the game closer than I.

Also worth noting that Copley played on the right wing (Coate’s spot). So perhaps Copley was never even really in the race for that centre position.
I thought was playing on the left? He scored in the left hand corner.

Did someone do a karate chop to his neck?

hes a depth signing to help cover injuries...

do we have a depth depth singing around the place..?

hes a depth signing to help cover injuries...

do we have a depth depth singing around the place..?
How can Copley be a depth signing to cover injuries when he's basically always the injury that needs covering himself?

He's just the replacement for Jordan Kahu because Brisbane for some reason seem absolutely convinced that you simply must have a guy who spends 137 weeks on the side line injured every single year if you want to be an NRL club.

How does a depth depth sing out of interest?

Active Now

• Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.