Corey Allan

Will the Brisbane Broncos regret losing Corey Allan

• Total voters
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I can sense some animosity surrounding his departure, so for the sake of clarity who thinks Allan will be a big loss?

Conversely who just thinks there's plenty of fish in the sea?

I dunno much about him, but quality fullbacks are probably the easiest of the spine positions to find.
That said, I'm faaaar from convinced Isaako is the long term fullback we need either.

Last edited:
I'm going to vote no.

I've been keeping an eye out for Allan ever since he rose to prominence in 2016. At the Holden Cup level he showed signs of class, but consistency was his biggest downfall. There were plenty of games where Allan would go missing and if he couldn't get the ball on a second-man sweep, he'd do a fantastic invisible man impersonation.

In 2017 he gained notoriety for stealing a win from the high-flying Sharks in the first round of the competition. Allan displayed impressive speed, but unfortunately it wasn't a sign of things to come. In the end he finished his Holden Cup Career with a record of 15 tries from 47 appearances.

I didn't get the opportunity to watch Allan play, so maybe somebody who did can speak to his performances. His stats are pretty decent 9 tries from 17 games, averages 100m, 61 tackle-breaks, 6 try assists but looking into each performance, I see a lot of inconsistency.

Maybe the numbers don't tell the full story, but I just find it difficult to see him playing State of Origin or Test football for Australia.

We have bigger issues to deal with, and Boyd isn't going anywhere for at least another year anyway

Was far more concerned about losing Arrow than I am about Allan.

Don't really see the point of this thread. He's gone, move on people.

He had patches this year, but largely I think Purcell and Drinkwater were better.

Allan suffered I think from being a really forward dominated club, Souths don't really inject him a lot and his sole avenue for attack was out the back or returning the ball.

He had a really good game against the Cutters where I commented at the time he scored three tries in the first half but the impressive part was they were all in different thirds of the field filling different roles in the attack. That impressed me.

Try assists and passing is largely non existent, so he runs fast and breaks tackles, probably at a similar place to Issako 12 months ago and I think I wrote nearly the exact same thing about him this time last year.

Seibold will be able to expand his game I think.

He had patches this year, but largely I think Purcell and Drinkwater were better.

Allan suffered I think from being a really forward dominated club, Souths don't really inject him a lot and his sole avenue for attack was out the back or returning the ball.

He had a really good game against the Cutters where I commented at the time he scored three tries in the first half but the impressive part was they were all in different thirds of the field filling different roles in the attack. That impressed me.

Try assists and passing is largely non existent, so he runs fast and breaks tackles, probably at a similar place to Issako 12 months ago and I think I wrote nearly the exact same thing about him this time last year.

Seibold will be able to expand his game I think.
Why Patrick carrigan did not played this year in first grade? What do you think about his future at broncos?

Last edited:
People also need to remember that selection for the PM XIII this year is not a reflection of a player's standing in the game ...

It wasn't picked by a coach or selector or anyone else in Rugby league ... It was actually picked by the PM Scott Morrison

People also need to remember that selection for the PM XIII this year is not a reflection of a player's standing in the game ...

It wasn't picked by a coach or selector or anyone else in Rugby league ... It was actually picked by the PM Scott Morrison

InB4 someone says he should have picked Hayne and Mannah.

I think Allan will do well, but i dont blame the current management for letting him go either.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.