Corey Norman

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Mar 5, 2008
362158-corey-norman.jpg

He seems to be one of those guys who looks to have talents but always looks lethargic and come across lazy... I think he should be playing in QLD cup if he is expected to be in first grade next year.. Thoughts??

I thought last night was one of his better games to be honest. I do agree that playing at Queensland cup level would assist in his development though.

He was decent last night except for his defense IMO. He will get better I just think he looks Lazy. [icon_shru

QCup is where he should be for the rest of this year IMO also, he just needs a bit of refining.

Was happy he backed his arms and hit Teo for the try rather than putting it on the toe like many other younger players would have.

While he made a few mistakes in defence he was also there to make the much needed tackle alot of the time.

While naturally i still want Cooper :P I'm happy to say that Norman is our answer for next year and while we will naturally miss Locky it wont be as bad as some expect.

I also thought that Norman was very good last night. Showed some real ability. Has a long boot on him which was good.

He looks like he has talent but he looks a yr or 2 away from being ready for first grade. He looks lost out there 3/4 of the time. Maybe were doing him an injustice by playing him too fast. He was pretty good against melbourne but half the time he looks like a passenger!

He's got a good long boot on him, decent running game and a good long pass but he's still obviously very inexperienced and his defence leaves a lot to be desired.

I really wish Hunt hadn't of picked up an injury.

Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be like Sutton.

vertigo said:
Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be like Sutton.

He's nothing like Sutton..Sutton has the build of a backrower, and should never have been turned into a half.

joshobro said:
He looks lost out there 3/4 of the time.

exactly my thoughts.

he looked good in attack last night though.

he and beale cant tackle.

IMO all our young guys who are genuinely being groomed for NRL should be playing Q Cup and not U20s. Q Cup is a MUCH better preparation for the step up than the U20s comp.

I thought he was good last night also. I agree that he sometimes seems lost and not quite ready for first grade yet, but last night I felt like he showed a lot of confidence and looked quite comfortable, compared to past games. I think with some more first grade games this year, then a full season of training as our full time 5/8, with Locky & Langer there to guide him, he will improve a lot. Then once he gets a bit more game time under his belt I think he could be anything, he definitely has the potential.

lyn said:
then a full season of training as our full time 5/8, with Locky & Langer there to guide him, he will improve a lot.

Except Locky has said he plans to spend 12 months completely away from RL - so I don't think he'll be there to help out too much next year.

Personally I think Norman would do a fine job, but he needs to not have the pressure on him to basically just walk in and be at top standard - he will need time to find his feet and develop; not to just be criticised and lambasted when he doesn't provide instant match-winning plays every time.

if this clown is our first choice 5/8 next year, we are in massive trouble.

I get the feeling we should groom hoffman for the 5/8 spot.

sydney_bronco09 said:

Lol

sydney_bronco09 said:

[eusa_eh

Active Now

• broncs30
  • Sproj
  • DrGee
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • Kev_Guz
  • eggstar10
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gray
  • Painin the Haas
  • Broncosgirl
  • Nerd
  • Midean
  • Robboi_321
  • something
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.