NEWS Corey Oates cleared of compound fracture

My girlfriend is a nurse and her first impression was compound fracture, too.

I’m no doctor, but it looked more like a super-gnarly tag cut to me.

Not sure how someone could stand up and play a ball with a snapped bone sticking out of their thigh either.

Hope I’m right, would be a much better outcome than a compound fracture.

Stood up with his other leg. Still not great.

Will end up with a titanium rod in his leg

Horrible injury. Going to be a solid year of repair on that bone and multiple surgeries. Hes going to need to support around him mentally.

I’m no doctor, but it looked more like a super-gnarly tag cut to me.

Not sure how someone could stand up and play a ball with a snapped bone sticking out of their thigh either.

Hope I’m right, would be a much better outcome than a compound fracture.

Glenn had a gnarly cut and so did joffa last year. Neither of them were stretchered off by a team of medicos.

Seems crazy that it broke so easily. Didn't seem very high impact or anything.

Seems crazy that it broke so easily. Didn't seem very high impact or anything.

That's what I was thinking. Pretty innocuous tackle. It hints at deeper health issues for Oates that might need to be looked into.

Seibold said compound fracture at press conference
This is obviously the reason I’m not a doctor!

Can only imagine it happened when the tackler landed across his leg with his forearm / torso. Certainly didn’t look like much though.

Never nice to see. Hope the big fella uses this forced time off to repair some of his other injuries too.

Good luck Corey!

Yeah has spent a lot of time on the sidelines and doesn't have the impact he used to. Something is definitely wrong there.
That's what I was thinking. Pretty innocuous tackle. It hints at deeper health issues for Oates that might need to be looked into.

I just hope he gets through the next couple of days...

That is an unbelievably unlucky injury in what appeared to be just another tackle. Maybe the twisting motion did it? I have no idea how that even happens.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Skathen
  • ell.d33
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.