PLAYER Corey Oates

Seriously. When does this kid play origin? Next year?

Like everyone else I was amazed at the part season Oates played in 2013 and was an instant fan. Then came 2014 and that absolute impostor Griffin showed me he had absolutely no clue. He took his best two tryscorers of 2013 and moved them into positions where they should not have been. He put a boy , Oates into the pack where his step, fend , swerve and power were either blunted or unused. Absolute dummy and I wrote that several times. What I do also remember is being told on this forum that Oates was not a back and I was told repeatedly . Well maybe he is in the future but my view was he shouldn't get near the pack until he got too big and slow for the backs.

As soon as I saw him run in 2013 I started thinking Gene Miles. Wing ,centre or even fullback for that matter, it wouldn't surprise me to see him handle any of them. WB might put him in the forwards and if he does I will come on here and say I think he's wrong and I normally agree with 99% of what WB does ! Tomorrow we get to see Oates play wing from the start but I'll bet he will get us some hard yards too..I am a fan ! Like another poster said, he has a big future ( ahead of him lol ) I wouldn't have written that bit though !

I want him in the backs too but then, I also want him in the origin team.

Like everyone else I was amazed at the part season Oates played in 2013 and was an instant fan. Then came 2014 and that absolute impostor Griffin showed me he had absolutely no clue. He took his best two tryscorers of 2013 and moved them into positions where they should not have been. He put a boy , Oates into the pack where his step, fend , swerve and power were either blunted or unused. Absolute dummy and I wrote that several times. What I do also remember is being told on this forum that Oates was not a back and I was told repeatedly . Well maybe he is in the future but my view was he shouldn't get near the pack until he got too big and slow for the backs.

As soon as I saw him run in 2013 I started thinking Gene Miles. Wing ,centre or even fullback for that matter, it wouldn't surprise me to see him handle any of them. WB might put him in the forwards and if he does I will come on here and say I think he's wrong and I normally agree with 99% of what WB does ! Tomorrow we get to see Oates play wing from the start but I'll bet he will get us some hard yards too..I am a fan ! Like another poster said, he has a big future ( ahead of him lol ) I wouldn't have written that bit though !

not big on tautology eh huge? :)

not big on tautology eh huge? :)

Nothing of the following is directed at you or my fellow posters.

To be truthful, you're right. My mum was an English teacher and she expected a fair standard. I was better when younger but have gone downhill over the years but some things still grind on me. Silly avoidable things like revert back and great future ahead of them. Reverse back ,even falling down is faintly ridiculous . The worst of the worst though are these fucktards who keep saying this or that is very( highly,extremely etc) unique, as if there are degrees of uniqueness !

I just thought we had a language that was already well suited for the task and I know it's an evolutionary process but I hate hearing quite often well paid dummies screw up words, especially a word which has only the one meaning and by repeating the mistake inadvertently 'educating' others to do likewise.

When we were kids learning in school we never resented being shown the correct way to do things...when did we change and become so conceited that we think we can't learn something new or should never have our mistakes mentioned ?

When we were kids learning in school we never resented being shown the correct way to do things...when did we change and become so conceited that we think we can't learn something new or should never have our mistakes mentioned ?
I think you inadvertently answered your own question with the bold bit there...

What's wrong with saying someone has a bright future ahead of them? It distinguishes them from others like Ben Barba or Toddy Carney who have a bright future behind them.

What's wrong with saying someone has a bright future ahead of them? It distinguishes them from others like Ben Barba or Toddy Carney who have a bright future behind them.
Lol....better said as having a great future. A bright future behind them ? Please

Nothing of the following is directed at you or my fellow posters.

To be truthful, you're right. My mum was an English teacher and she expected a fair standard. I was better when younger but have gone downhill over the years but some things still grind on me. Silly avoidable things like revert back and great future ahead of them. Reverse back ,even falling down is faintly ridiculous . The worst of the worst though are these ****tards who keep saying this or that is very( highly,extremely etc) unique, as if there are degrees of uniqueness !

I just thought we had a language that was already well suited for the task and I know it's an evolutionary process but I hate hearing quite often well paid dummies screw up words, especially a word which has only the one meaning and by repeating the mistake inadvertently 'educating' others to do likewise.

So true Huge one

I am constantly correcting my kids

"If you say that in a job interview you won't be getting the job" is commonly heard at my house :)

yeah well i put my kids in icu everytime they drop a single strand of hair on my clean floors

I'm surprised that no one had a go at Socnorb's "poles" yet... :laugh:

Where is it ? 'poles'
In the gay marriage thread I think... should've been polls.

Mea culpa for bringing it up, but let's get back to the topic, which is about how awesome young Corey Oates is!

In the gay marriage thread I think... should've been polls.

Mea culpa for bringing it up, but let's get back to the topic, which is about how awesome young Corey Oates is!
No problem...I'm not going looking for it just to be pedantic !

The guy is fast becoming one of my top 5 current broncos players. He just has that 'it' factor. An awesomely natural footy player. Will be amazing in the next few years with a permanent 2nd row spot. He's our best line-runner and is super quick for someone his size and height.

I feel he won't be around for long. . Dunno. . Just worried about it

Going somewhere else. . But we probably won't cause he'll just take parkers after he calls it a day

Active Now

• Behold
  • bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • thenry
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Hoof Hearted
  • jd87
  • Porthoz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tmac
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.