PLAYER Corey Oates

Personally I'd keep Oates in the backs and bring him into the backrow when he is older much the same Bennett did with Miles. Having said that I'd like to see how Eden goes on the wing which may change my opinion. As for Glenn pretty average against Wigan, will need to pick up his act this season.

My only problem with Oates on the wing is that I have no problem with Oates on the wing.

I suppose what I mean is that I am yet to see any real ball skills from him which for mine tells me he isn't yet ready for the back row. Show me passing and offloading like say, Gillett and wow...

Glenn however is beginning to pale into insignificance on today's performance.

Last edited:
As much as I like Glenn, I think he'll be gone by season's end.

As much as I like Glenn, I think he'll be gone by season's end.

Yeah, I'm starting to believe it. Oates is a great winger obviously but he is destined for the second row, especially now that he is taking up a wing spot that would otherwise be quickly filled.

You know you're in an enviable position when Alex Glenn is surplus to requirements

Yeah, I'm starting to believe it. Oates is a great winger obviously but he is destined for the second row, especially now that he is taking up a wing spot that would otherwise be quickly filled.

We have more depth in the back row with some genuine future stars in reserve grade. Not so much on the wing. I can't see him moving any time soon.

Yeah I reckon if glenn goes either thaiday or offa could take his spot then blood someone like ese or timu

Last edited:
8. Moose
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Esse
15. Offa
16. Timu
17. Molo

Possible utility instead

8. Moose
9. Macca
10. Offa/esse
11. Timu
12. Gillett
13. Parker/thaiday(at least 1 will retire pr be moved on)

14. Molo
15. Esse/offa
16. Arrow/sua/pangai
17. Sua/arrow/pangai
Possible bench utility instead

Michal molo on bench instead of gillett.
Arrow at lock. Thaiday and parker gone

Last edited:
Glenn babysat Milford pretty well last year. All these kids may kill it in the 20s, but first grade is 10 steps up from the 20s so don't be automatically thinking that all these kids are gonna step up into first grade with ease. And I think Bennett will keep Oates on the wing. He can finish well, has a lot of speed for a big guy and hits as good as a second rower. He kept Sailor on the wing when he played and he is the same mould as Oates. Why move him away if he is going great guns in his current position.

I hope so.

For mine he was immense last year in defence which seems to be a new role created for him by Bennett: correct me if I am wrong, from my imperfect memory, 2nd most tackles for the season behind Macca, including quite a few try savers? I'm just a little disappointed his undoubted skills in attack seem under-utilised.

Still feel he is one of the best back rowers in the NRL.

Oates and Gillett would make a killer back row pairing.

Couldnt agree more with you rnabokov

Gillett was so good last year, mr reliable but i wish he let loose with his attacking skills... he did a great offload against Wigan though. I feel Bennett is making him more like a Beau Scott. He has so much skill, remember the chip kick against the Warriors in one of the finals?
Im praying we resign him, i would be gutted if he left, but we have so many back rowers not sure what WB is thinking. Parker should retire and free funds for Gillett. He is still young compared to CP and Thaiday

If Corey Parker is still playing at an elite level, there is no way he should retire. (and he shouldn't be forced to either)

true, same said to Hodges though. he still killed it on the field. I just dont want to see us lose players cause someone stayed on too long. Gillett is 27 and has lots of time, Parker has at most 2 seasons..

true, same said to Hodges though. he still killed it on the field. I just dont want to see us lose players cause someone stayed on too long. Gillett is 27 and has lots of time, Parker has at most 2 seasons..

With all due respect to hodges (and I am one of his biggest fans) but that simply isn't true. Hodges body was breaking down and he wasn't consistently producing at his elite level. He would still produce moments of his classic Hodgo Magic, but they were snippets here and there as opposed to consistent production lol he used to.

Parker is completely different at this stage. He is still constantly producing and is still our best forward, the ball is squarely in his court as to when he calls time. Yes we will loss a forward or two most likely but it won't be Gillett.

Lets hope Gillett resigns soon then, the longer he isnt, i get worried!

Does anyone know if Bennett wants to stay or looking to push him somewhere else?

Lets hope Gillett resigns soon then, the longer he isnt, i get worried!

Does anyone know if Bennett wants to stay or looking to push him somewhere else?

The only word anyone has heard of a forward being surplus to needs is Glenn.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.