PLAYER Corey Oates

Couldnt agree more with you rnabokov

Gillett was so good last year, mr reliable but i wish he let loose with his attacking skills... he did a great offload against Wigan though. I feel Bennett is making him more like a Beau Scott. He has so much skill, remember the chip kick against the Warriors in one of the finals?
Im praying we resign him, i would be gutted if he left, but we have so many back rowers not sure what WB is thinking. Parker should retire and free funds for Gillett. He is still young compared to CP and Thaiday

Agree totally except we can't let Parker go. I feel as with Gillett, he is immense for the team, and I am expecting lots of seriously good offloading from him this year and improved goal kicking judging by the Wigan performance. Also, the lines Gillett was running suggests Bennett has more attacking in mind for Matt which is about bloody time.

If anyone should go it should be Glenn, and keep Oates on the wing for 1 more season and develop his ball playing skills for 2017

Agree totally except we can't let Parker go. I feel as with Gillett, he is immense for the team, and I am expecting lots of seriously good offloading from him this year and improved goal kicking judging by the Wigan performance. Also, the lines Gillett was running suggests Bennett has more attacking in mind for Matt which is about bloody time.

If anyone should go it should be Glenn, and keep Oates on the wing for 1 more season and develop his ball playing skills for 2017

Lets hope so, we resigned Glenn for 2 seasons, so who knows. Contracts are made to be broken anyways. Gilletts offloads are as good as CP, lets hope we uses it this coming season.

The one of the best things about our club now is we have a very good at chance at retaining whoever we want really if we manage our cap well. Imo, the only player we aren't playing unders for is Boyd from memory. Most players would be on better coin elsewhere.

Lets hope so, we resigned Glenn for 2 seasons, so who knows. Contracts are made to be broken anyways. Gilletts offloads are as good as CP, lets hope we uses it this coming season.

... and who else is out there on the right hand side?

Off topic I know, but I just hope that Wayne creates a right hand side attacking structure where Hunt - Gillett - Roberts and say Eden are primed and ready to rock and roll. Can't wait for the season to start.

Lets hope Gillett resigns soon then, the longer he isnt, i get worried!

Does anyone know if Bennett wants to stay or looking to push him somewhere else?
I nearly had a heart attack when I read this! I thought for a minute you wanted him to quit. I had to read it twice before I realised you want him to sign a new contract and stay. Thank god! Seriously though maybe we should have Glenn on the bench and Thaiday starting so we have our strongest pack out there early and Glenn could replace Thaiday at the 25 minute mark and stay out there for the rest of the game. Glenn might have a bit more zip that way. Just an idea.

Just back on topic, is anyone else concerned that Corey Oates may be putting us at risk of losing someone like Alick or Opacic? Maybe we should push him into retirement?

... and who else is out there on the right hand side?

Off topic I know, but I just hope that Wayne creates a right hand side attacking structure where Hunt - Gillett - Roberts and say Eden are primed and ready to rock and roll. Can't wait for the season to start.

Our right edge would be deadly. But teams tend to attack right to left as most players pass the ball better this way. But with Roberts on the other side, lets hope we change this as he will want more ball
[MENTION=8915]Sirlee oldman[/MENTION] - No, i 110% want Gillett to stay!

Just back on topic, is anyone else concerned that Corey Oates may be putting us at risk of losing someone like Alick or Opacic? Maybe we should push him into retirement?

Yeah definitely, Oates is past it and he's chewing up far too much in our cap, what a merkin.

If Corey Parker is still playing at an elite level, there is no way he should retire. (and he shouldn't be forced to either)
The club is already in discussions to extend his career, I doubt he will retire this season. barring serious injury after 2017 IMO would be the earliest.

I think Oates needs to learn how to jump when he dives over in the corner with defenders trying to push him out.

I think Oates needs to learn how to jump when he dives over in the corner with defenders trying to push him out.
Dude, he can. I've seen him pull off some pretty slick finishes. He was just unlucky or cocky in the WCS. He can do it. Just needs to recall that skill more often.

Getting the off season itch so checking out some of Super Freak's sterling work on YouTube.

Just finished watching his montage on the Big Horse himself. Gotta love this kid, he has really delivered since his debut.

Hope he can get his body right, kid could be an all time great but he's copped his share of knocks.

Oatesy is on track to have his best season at crossing the white line.

he currently sits on 16 tries for the year (2nd in the NRL).

his best try scoring tally in a season is 18 which he's done twice (2016, 2018)

When his in this form he is worth every cent of his reported pay cheque. I really hope a deal gets done to keep him at the club, i would hurt to see him wearing another clubs jersey

When his in this form he is worth every cent of his reported pay cheque. I really hope a deal gets done to keep him at the club, i would hurt to see him wearing another clubs jersey

If things live up to the form guide, he might crack that next round.

Isn’t one of those 18+1 (one more scored in Origin?).
This year is even more impressive as he doesn’t have Boyd there getting the ball out to him. It’s a combo of Tesi, Mam, Reyno getting the ball out there and from Oatesy coming off his wing to hit gaps.

It's not just scoring tries.

His dismantling of opposition bombs, defensive efforts and hard meters has been exceptional. Safest hands I've ever seen from Oates.

With Walsh coming next season who can ball play and throw those cut out balls to the winger like Darius, the Pearls all time trying scoring record is definitely in Oatesys sights..
Just gotta keep him at the club and continuing his form.
Would love to see Oates a Bronco for life

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • bazza
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.