PLAYER Corey Oates

It's not just scoring tries.

His dismantling of opposition bombs, defensive efforts and hard meters has been exceptional. Safest hands I've ever seen from Oates.
That pick up for his first try last night was fucking brilliant. To be his size, moving near top speed, diving and securing the ball rolling along the ground, wow.

Re-sign him. Now.

He deserves another contract and to be a one club player.

He could have taken the big payday when he was at his best and the clubs were chasing him. Time to repay that loyalty. He’s earned it.

93F62A34 DD91 4AAB B701 C05C0E800EF0

play on?!

Oates is on track to be the first Bronco to score 20 tries in a season since Folau in 2010.
He needs 6 in the last 3 + finals to go past Renouf in 94 and Darren Smith in 98 to hold the most tries in a season title, which currently sits at 23.

I think Reynolds and the boys would quietly know how close he is and would want to put him over the stripe as much as they can.
Also I'm sure Adam would love to help beat his old mate Alex Johnson for the leading try scorer in the comp.

Corey Oates:

“I have to thank Kevvie. He just wanted me to be the player I was and the player everyone knew I could be, and when he said that at the time I said, ‘What are you talking about? I’m still that person’. I look back now and I definitely wasn’t. I wasn’t even a shadow of that.”

“Wingers just have to do their job and when the team is playing well and getting to the spots, you just have to put the ball down sometimes. This year there’s been plenty of tries. Everyone is doing their job and I have to do mine which is finish off the tries off attacking shapes. I’m just enjoying it and getting the rewards is great.”

“The last few weeks of losing haven’t been fun. But I’m honestly having fun, I’m enjoying it and that’s what rugby league is. I should be enjoying it. The last few years I definitely wasn’t feeling great and it definitely wasn’t fun. It’s amazing what happens when 17 blokes do their job.”

Walters:

“He’s having a great year, Oatesy, and again tonight. They kept bombing to him and he kept responding with good catches and strong returns. It was great to see him pick up the try as well. I think he’s scored more tries this year than he has in any other season and that’s tribute to him and the work he’s putting into his game, and also those players around him who are providing opportunities for him to score those tries.”

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.