Corey Oates signs on for 3 more years

So my understanding is it is a 3 year deal but after one year he can leave or renegotiate. At 25 years of age this seems okay to me in general terms. Have I got this wrong?

Alex Glenn re-signing also expected to be announced this week. (From Chris Garry)

Player options are pretty irrelevant in the NRL. It's not like in leagues such as the NBA where contracts actually mean something.

In the NRL you can sign a player on a 3 year deal and then part ways after 1, it happens with or without the player options, look at Ryan Matterson for example.
Boyd strongly disagrees.

Anyone have an idea on $ ? I’m pretty happy with this signing... apart from this year Corey has always been a weapon

Boyd strongly disagrees.

I meant in terms of if the player wants out, he will find his way out whether he has player options or not. Bit harder on the club side of things. In the NBA they have things called team options, which is the exact opposite, we should've absolutely had those in the Boyd & Gillett contracts given their injury history.

I meant in terms of if the player wants out, he will find his way out whether he has player options or not. Bit harder on the club side of things. In the NBA they have things called team options, which is the exact opposite, we should've absolutely had those in the Boyd & Gillett contracts given their injury history.
The club shouldn't sign player options. If he's only willing to sign for 1 year, that's all he should get. What's the actual point of a player option? He might activate the clause if it suits him, if it doesn't, we don't keep him, if we don't want him, he can activate it too. We get very little out of it and it screws our salary cap management going forward given we're gambling who will or won't take their option.

I don't like them at all.

Glenn and Fafita are still yet to sign. Is there anyone else we're missing?

Glenn and Fafita are still yet to sign. Is there anyone else we're missing?

Fifita is already signed for 20', the only notable player off-contract for next season is Glenn, and he's expected to be announced this week also.

Is he on a million dollars a season?

I like Corey so this is good news and I can only assume it means we really do have the money for Fifita.

To me, it clearly looks like Fifita wants to test his value on the open market before committing to us. I think he wants to stay here, but he could get some ludicrously large offers elsewhere that will make him change his mind.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.