NEWS Corey Oates wants to be a Bronco for life

Corey Oates comes in off his wing to let us know he's not planning on going anywhere:

“As far as I know, I want to be here for the rest of my career. Everyone knows that, but I have to prove that and show that’s what I want to do for the rest of the year and beyond. As far as I know, I am here next year. I have to keep showing I can bring a lot to the team and show them I want to be here and want to play for the club and play for the jersey for the time I have left in the NRL."

“That’s all on me.”

8a7d647bda5ae310f8898e9daf861bf3

Brisbane Broncos number one

“It’s always good to be back in the NRL. It’s hard to go back and play Q Cup and I’ve tried to take it as a learning curve. They obviously saw stuff they didn’t like in me, but I had to go back and show them I still had it and still wanted to be here. I will be honest, looking back there were things I wasn’t doing each week and I had to come to the realisation I wasn’t doing my job week in, week out."

“I had to get my body right and get my routine right. I have to start recovering a lot better and doing things that I probably didn’t think I needed to do to get my body right for the game. The main thing was working on things I bring to a team that’s beneficial. I need good strong yardage carries, positivity, being upbeat, lots of talk and making good reads in defence and being good under the high ball."

“I have to keep improving and keep finding ways to get better.”

McHunt

I'm hoping they can offload him at the end of the season. Hopefully someone will pay part of his salary for 2022. He is way past his prime and shouldn't be part of Kevie's future plans.

I'm hoping they can offload him at the end of the season. Hopefully someone will pay part of his salary for 2022. He is way past his prime and shouldn't be part of Kevie's future plans.
I actually like Oatsy but 500k is way too much. He’s one I would hold onto after his contract is up on a reduced wage. But moving him on to free up the 500k would be fine too.

Bronco for life hey?

So he’s leaving?
Seems to be the case.

"Bronco for life" translation: wants more money from whichever team is interested by pretending he doesn't want to leave current club

"Leaving it to my manager and see what's out in the market"/ rumours they are leaving... translation: probably doesn't want to leave just wants to get more money out of the broncos by pretending they could leave.

his try on the weekend gave me hopes that Kev has found where Seibold had hidden the real Corey Oates ...

it was the way he got the ball down ... it is something we haven't seen from him for a number of years. if he can build on that he will be a valuable asset for us moving forward

his try on the weekend gave me hopes that Kev has found where Seibold had hidden the real Corey Oates ...

it was the way he got the ball down ... it is something we haven't seen from him for a number of years. if he can build on that he will be a valuable asset for us moving forward
I thought his bomb defusing was good as well.

I'm assuming people will be giving him shit for the positioning on one of the tries, but when the edge 3 are defending an entire side of the field, something has majorly fucked up further infield.

After how his season has gone this year (in and out of the side like a yoyo), I highly doubt that is actually how he feels.

I would love for him to be a Broncos for life but half of the contract he is on.

The way he finished the try on the weekend indicates he’s still got something. He’s on too much but he can still play, I don’t think he should have been out of the side for as long as he was this year

Would love for him to stay and I think he'd be one of the blokes who would take a pay cut to stay.. he did turn down alot bigger offers to stay last time.
He's only 26 aswell alot of good footy still in him

Once again it comes down to not getting the ball to him. We're still terrible at getting the ball out to him on the wing. Herbie likes to run himself and I'm sure i've seen quite a few occasions where he should pass.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.