NEWS Corey Parker is back in the house

Coach Kevin Walters has restored another little bridge back to the past with the recall of Corey Parker as a forwards mentor. Walters said this back in February following what appeared to be a bustup between the pair when Parker was let go as a coaching assistant:

“There’s no bad blood for me with Corey. He is the second-most capped player at this club and he has a lot to add to the Broncos. That’s not what this is about. Down the track, he has a lot to offer and even right now, there are things he can do for our club as an ambassador. I just felt I needed experience in my assistants and ‘Carty’ and Terry Matterson have each been coaching for 20 years. It was like me with Wayne, I went away to work on my coaching to get experience and it was good for me."

“There’s nothing against Corey. He is always welcome at the Broncos.”

McHunt

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
That title triggered me, but glad to see Parker back.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Coach Kevin Walters has restored another little bridge back to the past with the recall of Corey Parker as a forwards mentor. Walters said this back in February following what appeared to be a bustup between the pair when Parker was let go as a coaching assistant:

“There’s no bad blood for me with Corey. He is the second-most capped player at this club and he has a lot to add to the Broncos. That’s not what this is about. Down the track, he has a lot to offer and even right now, there are things he can do for our club as an ambassador. I just felt I needed experience in my assistants and ‘Carty’ and Terry Matterson have each been coaching for 20 years. It was like me with Wayne, I went away to work on my coaching to get experience and it was good for me."

“There’s nothing against Corey. He is always welcome at the Broncos.”

McHunt
Hope he spends the 'forced' down time that Riki is currently experiencing working with him on his ball security and tipping on some of the best ways to avoid being suckered into unnecessary aggression by the opposition.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Tell him to bring his boots

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Never understood why he was let go tbh.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Jesus, I didn't even realise he was still playing.
I’m baffled by this. Who is allowing Hook to (re)assemble this squad of players who are getting long in the tooth. Moose is looking like a mistake and I’ve not really sure what Beale can bring.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
EETi5hGU0AAP2TO.jpg:large

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I’m baffled by this. Who is allowing Hook to (re)assemble this squad of players who are getting long in the tooth. Moose is looking like a mistake and I’ve not really sure what Beale can bring.

They have been hugely impacted by suspension and injury - Beale is a round 11 special like Albert Kelly is, or Hunt would be for us.

Let’s not ignore that Hook has a team that everyone (for some dumb reason) was claiming as favourites for the spoon sitting in 6th spot.

Whoever is letting Hook do this will be pretty pleased with themselves at the moment, I would assume.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
They have been hugely impacted by suspension and injury - Beale is a round 11 special like Albert Kelly is, or Hunt would be for us.

Let’s not ignore that Hook has a team that everyone (for some dumb reason) was claiming as favourites for the spoon sitting in 6th spot.

Whoever is letting Hook do this will be pretty pleased with themselves at the moment, I would assume.

The Dragons are in 6th??? Wow this comp is horrible if that side is good enough to be sixth.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014

Fair enough as long as they leave room for the likes of Dufty, Lomax and Ramsay to keep coming through and Moose can keep himself out of trouble. Hook definitely has Hunt back in form and somehow Jack Bird has managed to not get injured. McCullough doesn’t seem so average these days either.
I rate Rava highly too.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • Pablo
  • Accept
  • Mister Wright
  • Porthoz
  • Financeguy
  • rnabokov
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.