NEWS Corey Parker: It's time to let the healing begin

Darius Boyd has given his all for the Broncos jersey throughout his career and is the club’s most experienced player, but he’s played his entire career at fullback or on the wing and would be the first to admit his transition into the No. 6 jersey didn’t go according to plan.

But you also have to tip your hat to Darius for being man enough to make the switch. The easy option for Darius would have been to remain at fullback, a position he is most comfortable in, but instead he took the hard road because it was what was best for the team.
What an absolute steaming pile of shit.

The PR team at Red Hill is pulling a late shift tonight.

That's the least I would expect, but if they have their fingers in the team selection pie, they can **** right off with that shit.

Lol **** this offseason is going to be torture

Boyd isn’t going anywhere. Ffs he’s gonna be captain 5/8th.

"To lose any game 58-0 is unacceptable, but to lose a semi-final 58-0 burns even deeper. I remember losing a game to the Canberra Raiders 56-0 in 2009 and it was without doubt the most embarrassing experience I’ve ever had in a Broncos jersey, but it inspired me to get back to training and work harder."

"It’s important that the current Broncos players and coaching staff don’t sweep Sunday’s loss under the carpet, they have to confront it front on and man-to-man work out what went wrong and how they fix it."

"There’s no sugar coating it, for the Broncos to improve in 2020 they need to find some halves and consistency in their spine. Jake Turpin is a tremendous player with a massive heart and an even bigger work rate, but he’s not a number 7, he’s a hooker."

"Tom Dearden has been identified as the halfback to lead the Broncos into the future and although I believe he is, we also have to remember that he’s a teenager with just five first-grade games to his name. While he’s likely to be the Broncos starting No.7 next year, the big question is who will he have beside and around him? Again, there’s no point denying it, the Broncos are down on halves, so it might be a case of Seibold looking at the open market to see if there’s a player out there who can fill the void."

All accurate statements that the vast majority of us agree with, and yet you think its a steaming pile of crap?

FFS

Heads need to roll and we the fans won’t be happy until they do. This pathetic performance can’t be swept under the rug.

Although I'm angry about the result on Sunday, we really need to moderate this understanding the impact injuries had on the team.

Deardon and then O'Sullivan being injured had double the impact because Nikorima was let go. We were on plan D for our halves.

Any team will struggle on their third string halves - which we were.

We started with Milford and Nikorima - who everyone here agreed was a bad combination because both were not talkers/organizers.

So Nikorima was let go and Deardon was blooded - a good foil for Milford who was an organiser. Then Deardon is out for the season.

Then of course Jack Bird - who could have been a perfect foil for O'Sullivan at 5/8 is also gone.

All teams would struggle - for example - if Canberra lost Wighton, Sezer and Williams how would they be travelling. If the Roosters lost Cronk, Keary and Hutchison?

Although I'm angry about the result on Sunday, we really need to moderate this understanding the impact injuries had on the team.

Deardon and then O'Sullivan being injured had double the impact because Nikorima was let go. We were on plan D for our halves.

Any team will struggle on their third string halves - which we were.

We started with Milford and Nikorima - who everyone here agreed was a bad combination because both were not talkers/organizers.

So Nikorima was let go and Deardon was blooded - a good foil for Milford who was an organiser. Then Deardon is out for the season.

Then of course Jack Bird - who could have been a perfect foil for O'Sullivan at 5/8 is also gone.

All teams would struggle - for example - if Canberra lost Wighton, Sezer and Williams how would they be travelling. If the Roosters lost Cronk, Keary and Hutchison?
Yeah definitely injuries didn't help. But neither did the severe lack of leadership from our captain. Boyd was arguably worst on field for 80% of the year. The couple games where he wasn't it was Shibasaki or Macca. Yes injuries hurt, but Macca and Boyd also shouldn't be anywhere near the team, and with the form of the last 3-4 months, neither should Oates.

I honestly swear to god if they announce the resigning of Oates without signing Glenn im done.

"To lose any game 58-0 is unacceptable, but to lose a semi-final 58-0 burns even deeper. I remember losing a game to the Canberra Raiders 56-0 in 2009 and it was without doubt the most embarrassing experience I’ve ever had in a Broncos jersey, but it inspired me to get back to training and work harder."

"It’s important that the current Broncos players and coaching staff don’t sweep Sunday’s loss under the carpet, they have to confront it front on and man-to-man work out what went wrong and how they fix it."

"There’s no sugar coating it, for the Broncos to improve in 2020 they need to find some halves and consistency in their spine. Jake Turpin is a tremendous player with a massive heart and an even bigger work rate, but he’s not a number 7, he’s a hooker."

"Tom Dearden has been identified as the halfback to lead the Broncos into the future and although I believe he is, we also have to remember that he’s a teenager with just five first-grade games to his name. While he’s likely to be the Broncos starting No.7 next year, the big question is who will he have beside and around him? Again, there’s no point denying it, the Broncos are down on halves, so it might be a case of Seibold looking at the open market to see if there’s a player out there who can fill the void."

All accurate statements that the vast majority of us agree with, and yet you think its a steaming pile of crap?

FFS
Was this a reply to me? The parts I quoted is the steaming pile of shit.

Yeah definitely injuries didn't help. But neither did the severe lack of leadership from our captain. Boyd was arguably worst on field for 80% of the year. The couple games where he wasn't it was Shibasaki or Macca. Yes injuries hurt, but Macca and Boyd also shouldn't be anywhere near the team, and with the form of the last 3-4 months, neither should Oates.

I honestly swear to god if they announce the resigning of Oates without signing Glenn im done.
[emoji28] bye then

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.