NEWS Corey Parker joins Broncos coaching team full-time

I know this is probably not the time nor place, and has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I would like to take this opportunity to give a massive shout out and thank you to popular forum board member, the irrepressible McHunt! It is most appreciated by many, I am sure, that McHunt goes both to the trouble, and the expense, of posting virtually all pay-walled articles covering all Bronco news.

A big thank you fella, please keep up the fantastic service you provide to many of us here on BHQ who otherwise would not be able to access and read these stories. It is much appreciated and gratefully accepted.
Totally agree Faithy! Sometime over the coming weekend, I would encourage all BHQ members to raise a glass in acknowledgement to what he does for the forum. Thanks to him we are all always caught up on the latest!

Being an average player does not mean you will be an average coach, same goes for great players making great coaches.

In almost any sport i have watched throughout my life, the best coaches have rarely been the best players throughout their playing careers.
I won’t argue with you, indeed history shows that in general, you’re right.

That aside, I cannot see Cross being a good coach. He seemed like more a Dave Taylor than a Webcke / Petero to me - not particularly bright or articulate. Pretty important attributes when coaching.

Of course, I could be wrong. But our defensive ‘structures’ in 2019 sort of support my deductions.

Regardless of all that though, I still hate the fact we have Ben Cross in any capacity at our club. Maybe that’s just because I couldn’t stand him as player, or maybe I’m right and he’s no good as a coach. Time will tell I guess.

Totally agree Faithy! Sometime over the coming weekend, I would encourage all BHQ members to raise a glass in acknowledgement to what he does for the forum. Thanks to him we are all always caught up on the latest!

Absolutely Tom, very well said! Have a wonderful evening whatever it is you are up to. And to you as well McHunt and all fellow members.

I wonder how Mr Boyd feels about Parker coming into the coaching team...

Well if he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is. Pretty sure Parker won't tolerate pea hearts.

Then he needs to be on the field to give Boyd a clip around the ears, because that's where his problems are, not at training.

Keen to see what Cozza can do for Carrigan’s game. Pat seems like the kind of guy that would be a great learner and to me he looks like he could be Parker in the second part of his career much earlier.

Keen to see what Cozza can do for Carrigan’s game. Pat seems like the kind of guy that would be a great learner and to me he looks like he could be Parker in the second part of his career much earlier.
If we are talking about offloads then he should be able to work wonders with Haas.

Typically it's Haas succumbing to a tackle to find his front, but he is so good at getting between defenders and using his strength to get himself wherever he wants to be in a tackle that if he were to develop an offload he could cause some serious damage

I know this is probably not the time nor place, and has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I would like to take this opportunity to give a massive shout out and thank you to popular forum board member, the irrepressible McHunt! It is most appreciated by many, I am sure, that McHunt goes both to the trouble, and the expense, of posting virtually all pay-walled articles covering all Bronco news.

A big thank you fella, please keep up the fantastic service you provide to many of us here on BHQ who otherwise would not be able to access and read these stories. It is much appreciated and gratefully accepted.
Onya McHunt!
Absolutely Tom, very well said! Have a wonderful evening whatever it is you are up to. And to you as well McHunt and all fellow members.

Cheers fellas, I just wish I had better news...

Here here

To McHunt! In the Top 3 Hunts this club has ever seen.

Never drops the ball on getting those articles to the forum

Last edited:

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Skathen
  • Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
  • LGH
  • broncotville
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.