Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Corey Parker returns to Brisbane Broncos as player mentor

FEBRUARY 11, 2019

Source: CourierMail

Last edited by a moderator:
If he can give them the ability to offload the way he did he’s done his job.

Last edited:
Offloads may win occasional games, transferring his knowledge in relation to solid cover defence will win more.

Offloads may win occasional games, transferring his knowledge in relation to solid cover defence will win more.
Yes. Our defence needs to improve without doubt.
But when I think of Corey Parker I can see him popping passes when surrounded by three or four tacklers that inevitably led to second phase play that was a danger to whoever we were playing. Love to think he can instill this part of his game into our younger forwards. I'm sure both Lodge and Gillo have that ability but may have been reined in a bit.

Strap up the knees and have a run, Corey. What I would give to have him as Captain again.

If the biggest things he helps teach our young forwards is attitude and the importance of consistency that's a big win in my books. Parker always had the best of both, and looking back I can't think of another forward we have ever had that had the same level of consistency for such a long period of time. Hell he aged like a fine wine and only got beterr each year and didn't drop off at all in his later years.

If the biggest things he helps teach our young forwards is attitude and the importance of consistency that's a big win in my books. Parker always had the best of both, and looking back I can't think of another forward we have ever had that had the same level of consistency for such a long period of time. Hell he aged like a fine wine and only got beterr each year and didn't drop off at all in his later years.

Webcke and Civoniceva were the other 2 who had that high level consistency over long periods of time ... in fact that is probably where Parker learned it

Hope he's not showing them how to kick goals.

aww i thought he did alright considering we didn't have many other options. ( he did have some shockers though )

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.