Coronavirus / COVID-19

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Could be wrong but i thought you had to give two or three negative tests to be allowed out of quarantine.
The authorities did everything right under the rules and guidelines in place at the time. Things have since been tweaked.

When are people and experts going to start considering that this virus does not cope as well in different environments with different demographics.
This more potent strain with a lady without a mask (I believe?) On peak hour trains in the middle of the city for 5 days and ZERO results so far. Then there was the 2 girls who went to dozens of cafes and restaurants over 10 days, no doubt hugging and kissing friends and family, and 3 extra cases or something. Just luck I'm guessing? Again.....
Virus' adapt to survive their environment, their aim is to survive. It's why they change and many become less fatal (they learn that their survival is less likely if they kill their host). UK and USA had thousands of cases before they even knew about it and the virus had time to adapt to the environment it was in. I'm sick of people saying "we don't want to end up like the uk/USA".. WE WONT, even if we let it run rampant we still wouldn't or couldn't as Australians are already wearing masks, have more tolerance and ability for social distancing, and have much much less population density.

I am as fearful of this virus as anyone, we have done so well and I don't want it to be undone. I follow all the rules put out by all governments with this virus, I commend them on a job well done. But at some point, we will have to carry on. I'm not whinging about this lockdown, I'm sticking to it. So no one give me the "look at th3 USA" hyperbole bullshit.
Can anyone tell me how many people died from the northern beaches cluster? ZERO!!!!!!!!!....Now can anyone tell me how many people died on our roads in QLD this year? 80 more lives then last year! With less traffic then last year no doubt. We are being "protected" at our borders by police getting pulled off the roads.

I know I'm gonna cop it off the hyperbole coronavirus people on here like it's some type of black and white "you want the virus?!?!" bullshit. But it isn't black and white. We seem to have gone so far the other way countries with the virus are looking at us and not as envious of our position as we seem to imagine them to be...

Last edited:

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
For anyone with a medical background or in the know, I have some questions about the covid vaccine.
I have done some limited research but I cannot seem to get a straight answer to the questions.
1. Does the vaccine actually prevent you from getting covid, that is, does it give rise to a sterilising immunity or does it merely stop you from developing significant symptoms?
2. If it is the latter, and does not induce a sterilising immunity, does that mean that you can still infect others? And does that mean that you will have to quarantine in any event?
3. How long does the immunity last?

It does not seem that they have answers to any of these questions yet.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
When are people and experts going to start considering that this virus does not cope as well in different environments with different demographics.
This more potent strain with a lady without a mask (I believe?) On peak hour trains in the middle of the city for 5 days and ZERO results so far. Then there was the 2 girls who went to dozens of cafes and restaurants over 10 days, no doubt hugging and kissing friends and family, and 3 extra cases or something. Just luck I'm guessing? Again.....
Virus' adapt to survive their environment, their aim is to survive. It's why they change and many become less fatal (they learn that their survival is less likely if they kill their host). UK and USA had thousands of cases before they even knew about it and the virus had time to adapt to the environment it was in. I'm sick of people saying "we don't want to end up like the uk/USA".. WE WONT, even if we let it run rampant we still wouldn't or couldn't as Australians are already wearing masks, have more tolerance and ability for social distancing, and have much much less population density.

I am as fearful of this virus as anyone, we have done so well and I don't want it to be undone. I follow all the rules put out by all governments with this virus, I commend them on a job well done. But at some point, we will have to carry on. I'm not whinging about this lockdown, I'm sticking to it. So no one give me the "look at th3 USA" hyperbole bullshit.
Can anyone tell me how many people died from the northern beaches cluster? ZERO!!!!!!!!!....Now can anyone tell me how many people died on our roads in QLD this year? 80 more lives then last year! With less traffic then last year no doubt. We are being "protected" at our borders by police getting pulled off the roads.

I know I'm gonna cop it off the hyperbole coronavirus people on here like it's some type of black and white "you want the virus?!?!" bullshit. But it isn't black and white. We seem to have gone so far the other way countries with the virus are looking at us and not as envious of our position as we seem to imagine them to be...
Mate, I might be a pessimist but I would be treating this as a learning opportunity because I firmly believe that there will be something else coming down the line in the future that will be far worse than Covid.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Mate, I might be a pessimist but I would be treating this as a learning opportunity because I firmly believe that there will be something else coming down the line in the future that will be far worse than Covid.
Some years ago on this very forum I wrote about your prediction. In essence I wrote the same thing. I'm as far from a conspiracy theorist as one can rationally be without dismissing the possibility of conspiracy.

That said I think it's possible this outbreak has been a trial run. I'm hardly saying here that I think that's the most likely explanation but it's not off the table.

What I wrote about years ago was my belief that targeted diseases may be possible. A disease that only can sicken/kill people of african descent, asian, any group at all.

I believe that there will be much much more virulent diseases released/naturally evolve in the future. In some ways, this current situation might teach the world some valuable lessons.

Alec

International Rep
Everyone jokes about how the spiders, snakes and the drop bears will kill you within 3 days of arriving in Australia. I guess Corona never had a chance either, they are doing a good job of protecting us.

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
For anyone with a medical background or in the know, I have some questions about the covid vaccine.
I have done some limited research but I cannot seem to get a straight answer to the questions.
1. Does the vaccine actually prevent you from getting covid, that is, does it give rise to a sterilising immunity or does it merely stop you from developing significant symptoms?
2. If it is the latter, and does not induce a sterilising immunity, does that mean that you can still infect others? And does that mean that you will have to quarantine in any event?
3. How long does the immunity last?

It does not seem that they have answers to any of these questions yet.
Not sure if you have Twitter or not, but this is the best description of how the vaccine works that I have seen.

Allo

State of Origin Rep
Lockdown will end at 6pm provided there’s no extenuating circumstances. Masks essentially mandatory everywhere still for the next 10 days and you must carry one on your person

Last edited:

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
Masks will remain mandatory for another 10 days until 1:00am on January 22 at shopping centres, supermarkets, gyms, public transport, places of worship and workplaces where people can't socially distance.

Masks are not needed in cars or while exercising at a safe distance from others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.