Coronavirus / COVID-19

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
No doubt people are dying but so far it seems to be limited to people with compromised respiratory systems and the elderly.

If otherwise fit and healthy people started dying then it's time to panic.
The danger isn't really contracting it ourselves, it's then every subsequent person that gets infected because we did.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
How are they enforcing it? Or are they just expecting humans to do the right thing?
Getting checked regularly but yeah, I'm sure there is probably an element of hope we do the right thing.

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
Potentially heading to Bali next month, recent reports about their testing is starting to be a bit concerning.

Is it worth the risk if we won't really be venturing outside the resort to all the tourist spots?

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Potentially heading to Bali next month, recent reports about their testing is starting to be a bit concerning.

Is it worth the risk if we won't really be venturing outside the resort to all the tourist spots?
They screen anyone coming into the country that remotely looks Chinese or any flight from China. Whether their screening works is another matter, but they apparently have less cases in Bali than we do in Australia.

You probably should have more concerns about their water. No tap water, No raw veg or salad that may have been washed with tap water and no ice cubes, including the return flight at least!

I traveled most of the island, but only ate at restaurants with good ratings, and never had issues.
As you may have noticed, I contracted a bad case of Bali belly after my return, and still think it was the ice cubes I used with my coke on my Virgin return flight...

Last edited:

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Reports China has started an interesting new drug, remdesivir.

Phase III randomized double-blind placbo-controlled multicenter study to evaluate the efficiency and safety of remdesivir in hospitalized adult patients with mild and moderate 2019 n CoV.
Report of whether its effective won't be known until 27th April 2020.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Looks like it’s out now. Just gotta ride it out.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Looks like it’s out now. Just gotta ride it out.
Seems to be the case, no more containing it.

Has spread across a good chunk of Europe and the numbers are growing by large amounts every day, first death reported in America last night, first Australian death today, numbers rising rapidly everywhere outside of China.

Alec

International Rep
Hopefully it doesn't get to the extremes Wuhan did. They are going to be isolated for a lot longer yet.

Allo

State of Origin Rep
should have shut the borders. The economic and diplomatic damage will most likely pale to a full-scale pandemic

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.