Coronavirus / COVID-19

I think I've seen the clip you're referring to, it was nothing to do with COVID-19, was a cop sweeping the leg of a guy from behind in Brazil, he had a knife and was threatening members of the public with it. Was just a standard police arrest.

Here's the video (With people captioning it trying to make it seem as if it was Italy police)

That's 100% Brazil. The cop uniform, shitty roads, laid back attitude of the crim, and outdoor tiles are all uniquely brazilian

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
I think I've seen the clip you're referring to, it was nothing to do with COVID-19, was a cop sweeping the leg of a guy from behind in Brazil, he had a knife and was threatening members of the public with it. Was just a standard police arrest.

Here's the video (With people captioning it trying to make it seem as if it was Italy police)

Yup I got stitched up. Sorry crew 😢

roo-ted

NRL Player
Just went to the local shop to get nappies for my baby. There are people everywhere! The shops are pumping and busier then usual.
Consideration for others is at a all time low. People are pushing their way around and filling their trolleys to over full.
I went past one bloke and his missus as they were stripping the shelves of Glenn 20 and other items of the same nature. The bloke was like

“**** yeah get all that shit”

I probably wouldn’t be as hesitant to a complete lock down if it wasn’t for that attitude. Australia was build on the back of a helping one another and a sense of community. It’s sad to see that has disappeared.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Here's the problem..

Avoiding shutting down everything is going to make the economical collapse worse.

The retailers and other shops that are allowed to stay open currently aren't doing well. People aren't going shopping because they're trying to avoid social situations and they're also trying to save money. The best thing for the economy long-term right now is to shut EVERYTHING down for a month at the very least, flatten the curve completely, allow shops to re-open once Covid-19 has peaked.

Even after that point we're not even remotely in the clear, the government would have to ensure that businesses and members of the community still adhere to strict social distancing and hygiene habits for the next 12-18 months. The economy WILL recover though, small businesses will get by with some government help, the world will go on.

Now, if ScoMo continues his attempt to avoid shutting everything down, we're going to delay the peak of the virus, we're going to make the peak exponentially worse and we're going to prolong the length of the shutdown when it is inevitably put in place. That will destroy the economy. We should've been in full shutdown about a week ago, if it's delayed any further, there will be no flattening of the curve, it will be no longer controllable, much like it is in the U.S. right now. The health system will be overburdened and collapse, thousands more will die, it will take months, even years longer for the economy to rebound than it would've if we had acted earlier.

Meanwhile, New Zealand will be back up and running with minimal deaths and businesses and economy flourishing within a few of months, because they have a leader with balls.

Nice to know I'm as smart as Bill Gates

Allo

NRL Captain
Went out to vote and there’s people playing tennis and walking in groups of 2-4 right next to each other. Like I know you wanna get some exercise and shit (and credit for that) but you need to prepare yourself for an actual lockdown and be mentally ok with that

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The people that are going for the Jobseeker payment, keep in mind one thing.

If you're living with your partner and they make $45,000 a year, you will not be eligible for the money.

$45,000 for two people, and a lot of people that have lost jobs have families, is not enough but unfortunately that's the criteria.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The people that are going for the Jobseeker payment, keep in mind one thing.

If you're living with your partner and they make $45,000 a year, you will not be eligible for the money.

$45,000 for two people, and a lot of people that have lost jobs have families, is not enough but unfortunately that's the criteria.
They will apparently raise that to 78k

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Members online

Twitter