Coronavirus / COVID-19

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
Hubby and I barely survive the offseason without footy....the potential we have here is 18 months without a footy season. Outrageous! (that's if we don't get a season up and running until next year).

I was not a Scomo fan, but this crisis has elevated him in my opinion. He has had the most difficult of decisions to make and it appears he has put politics and party allegiance aside and is trying to listen to his expert advisers and is making the right decisions so far. Who would have thought that an LNP government would spend billions if not trillions of dollars this year? The gravity of the situation is not lost on the government, and I am so grateful. At the same time, he didn't jump the gun and go straight to panic stations, he waited and watched and then acted.
Not every decision has been perfect, but damn, he's doing a pretty good job so far. There are no right decisions really if you think about it. I can't see him getting reelected, but it's good to see that is not in his considerations right now when making the big calls.

Then I look across the Pacific at the USA and see what their leader is doing. Mate, Scomo is a mountain among men compared to him.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Hubby and I barely survive the offseason without footy....the potential we have here is 18 months without a footy season. Outrageous! (that's if we don't get a season up and running until next year).

I was not a Scomo fan, but this crisis has elevated him in my opinion. He has had the most difficult of decisions to make and it appears he has put politics and party allegiance aside and is trying to listen to his expert advisers and is making the right decisions so far. Who would have thought that an LNP government would spend billions if not trillions of dollars this year? The gravity of the situation is not lost on the government, and I am so grateful. At the same time, he didn't jump the gun and go straight to panic stations, he waited and watched and then acted.
Not every decision has been perfect, but damn, he's doing a pretty good job so far. There are no right decisions really if you think about it. I can't see him getting reelected, but it's good to see that is not in his considerations right now when making the big calls.

Then I look across the Pacific at the USA and see what their leader is doing. Mate, Scomo is a mountain among men compared to him.
I don't like the LNP at all but I'll give credit to Scomo for taking the expert advice and just acting on it. As much as I could criticise him I'd instead like to credit him for not being pig headed like Trump and ignoring things until it got out of control.

Some bad decisions along the way but this whole thing is so unprecedented I'm not going to nitpick.

I'm just glad we seem to have avoided this because our elected leaders didn't **** around in imposing lockdowns until it was already wide spread.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Annastacia Palaszczuk saying our peak could be as late as September with the earliest peak not expected to be until July.

Says there is no community transmission in QLD.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Annastacia Palaszczuk saying our peak could be as late as September with the earliest peak not expected to be until July.

Says there is no community transmission in QLD.
There was community transmission in Cairns announced last night on the news.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
There was community transmission in Cairns announced last night on the news.
That was from the wrestling match, wasn’t it?

I think they mean there has been no transmission within the community like people out and about in town doing what they need to do and catching it from other people. I’m not sure.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
That was from the wrestling match, wasn’t it?

I think they mean there has been no transmission within the community like people out and about in town doing what they need to do and catching it from other people. I’m not sure.
They didn’t say, they just said there is a small cell there that they can’t trace the transmissions.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
I don't like the LNP at all but I'll give credit to Scomo for taking the expert advice and just acting on it. As much as I could criticise him I'd instead like to credit him for not being pig headed like Trump and ignoring things until it got out of control.

Some bad decisions along the way but this whole thing is so unprecedented I'm not going to nitpick.

I'm just glad we seem to have avoided this because our elected leaders didn't **** around in imposing lockdowns until it was already wide spread.
Yep, I was pretty scathing of him in his handling of the fires etc., and when this corona virus started making waves in February I was very worried about the state of nation.

Yet some people thrive under pressure where others would crumble. Never would have picked ScoMo to be a rise to the challenge man, yet here we are.

I shudder at the thought of Turnbull, Rudd, Abbott or Shorten in charge at the moment.

Last edited:

Midean

QCup Player
NSW
Is there a more despicable group of people in the country right now than those placed in self isolation that disregard it and go out and about? How hard is it to stay home? If you're in self isolation you are eligible for grocery deliveries etc, no excuses. None.
Agreed, complete disregard for human life.
The "she'll be right mate" attitude is one i have seen personally and it makes me sick.
Will it take the death of a persons parent before they see that the world doesn't revolve around them?
I have seen some people say "i dont care, im not in the risk age group" but they fail to realize they can pass it on to those who are at risk.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
Agreed, complete disregard for human life.
The "she'll be right mate" attitude is one i have seen personally and it makes me sick.
Will it take the death of a persons parent before they see that the world doesn't revolve around them?
I have seen some people say "i dont care, im not in the risk age group" but they fail to realize they can pass it on to those who are at risk.
Also, the irony is, everybody is at risk. Healthy young people are dying of this also. Idiots.
I've never had pneumonia, but I've had bronchitis. And it sucks balls. I don't want anything to do with this Covid-19.

Midean

QCup Player
NSW
Does anyone here actually know anyone who has tested positive for covid 19?
Nope, i play a ton of different online games, and have been asking that question to a lot of people around the world myself. Have yet to encounter a single person who knows anyone who has caught it.

If you want an interesting insight into the frontline of the coronavirus battle, go to youtube and search for Dr Hope. This is a really heartwarming vlog, and the Dr is really awesome, ive been watching him for a lot of my information on this thing as he is an A&E doctor in London and his perspective is super interesting.

Last edited:

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Does anyone here actually know anyone who has tested positive for covid 19?
The sales rep for one of our main suppliers had it and has been in quarantine. Very mild case. It's the sign industry, so he would likely have either been back & forth to China a fair bit (so much of our industry is sourced there), or came in contact with someone who had. He normally comes in weekly, but hadn't seen him for a few weeks, I now know why.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
I just read in the Courier Mail that hosptials around the state have advised their nurses and other frontline hospital staff, to not wear their uniforms in public. this is because they've apparently been receiving abuse and threats for "spreading" coronavirus ...

any person that threatens, abuses or bullies health workers, at any time, but especially during the current situation, deserves a good old fashioned punch in the mouth

Midean

QCup Player
NSW
I just read in the Courier Mail that hosptials around the state have advised their nurses and other frontline hospital staff, to not wear their uniforms in public. this is because they've apparently been receiving abuse and threats for "spreading" coronavirus ...

any person that threatens, abuses or bullies health workers, at any time, but especially during the current situation, deserves a good old fashioned punch in the mouth
Toss in a 10 grand fine to deter all the other dickheads out there that consider abusing frontline healthcare workers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DollyHurst

Members online

Twitter