Coronavirus

Alec

International Rep
800+ confirmed cases, 26 dead.
I've got a friend in Wuhan, and she thinks it's a lot more than what has been released so far. All the hospital are full, the city quarantined because people were leaving to go to other hospitals. A city of 11+ million people quarantined, that has never happened before.
This thing has possibly even reached Australia now. Scary stuff.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
There seems to be a new one of these "super viruses" every 4 or 5 years that everyone is talking about... and then we just stop hearing about it.

Happened with Ebola, happened with Zika, will happen with this one.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Its pretty scary to be honest. I am not in that city but not overly far away. Reports here tend to be about a seventh to a tenth of the truth. We've been told to stay in doors as much as possible and if going outside, to wear face masks.

As Unbreakable Unbreakable said, they do tend to come along every few years, hopefully this is another of those but local language reports suggest this is highly mutative, has already adapted in how it is spread.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Looks like I'm a bit late to the party with the Corona jokes.....

I've had the coronavirus for years....it's not as deadly as people are suggesting.🙃

1579853957376.png🙃

badyon

QCup Player
In all seriousness but some of this footage of people keeling over in the streets and guys showing up in hazmat suits is real end of days stuff.

Alec

International Rep
Is anyone surprised it's China though? Seen those live animal markets? I mean, these cunts eat bats for **** sake. Just stop being so fucking gross guys.
To be honest, it was an illegal market. They definitely have some weirdos though.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Is anyone surprised it's China though? Seen those live animal markets? I mean, these cunts eat bats for **** sake. Just stop being so fucking gross guys.
Yep, I will make zero apologies when I say they're generally very filthy people with very bad habits exactly like this.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Yeah this is scary stuff, confirmed in my city :(
What's it like in China at the moment? There's a lot of rumours circulating online that it's significantly worse than the Chinese government is letting on.

I saw a video of one doctor in the affected area saying the estimates are in the region of 90,000 people infected in China already, despite media reports saying it's a little over 1,000.

Could actually be really bad if it's actually being underreported due to China worrying about their public image, as they so often do.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
What's it like in China at the moment? There's a lot of rumours circulating online that it's significantly worse than the Chinese government is letting on.

I saw a video of one doctor in the affected area saying the estimates are in the region of 90,000 people infected in China already, despite media reports saying it's a little over 1,000.

Could actually be really bad if it's actually being underreported due to China worrying about their public image, as they so often do.
Happily I’m not in Wuhan but there is a history of misinformation, so I’m not sure. I do believe the response shoukd he praised not criticised, they are doing everything they can.

Some patients have started reportedly being discharged having recovered which is good news if true.

We are all wearing face masks and washing hands repeatedly. Caught up with a friend who had a sore throat today, what can you do?

Have other friends getting tested tomorrow. You guys will likely have it there soon enough unfortunately. This does not seem to be as aggressive as sars though which is good!

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Have other friends getting tested tomorrow. You guys will likely have it there soon enough unfortunately. This does not seem to be as aggressive as sars though which is good!
We already do. 3 cases in Melbourne and Sydney.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter