Craig Wing Hit

Playboy Bunny said:
Its fair enough to do it after a big hit or to fire up team mates but I think when knowing you have injured a player it isn't called for.

Agree. Just like everyone got pissed with "No" Gary Tupou for high fiving Frank Pritchard for knocking Karmichael Hunt out with a high shot. Or Mark Carroll for standing over Paul Harragon who was unconscious.

It's one thing to applaud a good hit, it's another thing to rejoice in a player's injury.

The Rock said:
Meh. Anasta has the right to have no respect for that club. Every time he plays against them they go out of their to do something dirty on him. I guess Anasta is just having the last laugh. Not that I condone it, but it's realllllly not an issue. Just move on and get on with it - Things happen in the heat of the moment, who knows maybe Anasta regards acting like that? This is rugby league, and going by some peoples comments on here they probably don't even know what it's like to play it and to be caught up in the moment.

You're quite the heartless fella aren't ya?

There are certain thresholds in which a player should conduct and display their sentiments but we still need to play within the spirit of the game and I don't think applauding someone's injury is the way to go at all. If you've just been heavily concussed by a massive shot and then have someone applaud it and giving back slaps to all his team-mates for the hit I really would doubt you would be non-responsive to it all. There is no way. You may cop it on the chin but I don't think your true sentiments towards it is anything less of filthy.

renouf said:
what about if hes trying to offload it and a third man comes in trying to lock up the ball?

It was a third-man-in shoulder charge, so maybe outlaw the shoulder charge for anyone other than the 1st man in. I also don't like it when someone grabs a guy down low, then some goose comes over the top with a shoulder charge. He then thinks he's a big man because he managed to ram his shoulder into a bloke who was tied up with the lower tackler.

The Rock said:
SimplyBronco said:
[quote="The Rock":114blqnb]Meh. Anasta has the right to have no respect for that club. Every time he plays against them they go out of their to do something dirty on him. I guess Anasta is just having the last laugh. Not that I condone it, but it's realllllly not an issue. Just move on and get on with it - Things happen in the heat of the moment, who knows maybe Anasta regards acting like that? This is rugby league, and going by some peoples comments on here they probably don't even know what it's like to play it and to be caught up in the moment.

You're quite the heartless fella aren't ya?

There are certain thresholds in which a player should conduct and display their sentiments but we still need to play within the spirit of the game and I don't think applauding someone's injury is the way to go at all. If you've just been heavily concussed by a massive shot and then have someone applaud it and giving back slaps to all his team-mates for the hit I really would doubt you would be non-responsive to it all. There is no way. You may cop it on the chin but I don't think your true sentiments towards it is anything less of filthy.

Heartless? Quite the opposite actually. And it's probably not the nicest thing to say about someone that you don't know at all.

I am NOT condoning what Anasta did at all. I am just saying that people should just cool down about it and get on with it - It's rugby league, he got caught up in the moment and probably didn't realise that he was acting like. Again, it's another thing that isn't in the spirit of the game.

BUT - people need to understand that things_just_happen out on the field.[/quote:114blqnb]

Sorry mate, I didn't put the [icon_lol1. emoticon there! It wasn't intended to be of malice, just something trivial to me from what you've said thus far in the thread. My mistake!

However, what you said is true but there are plenty of reasons out there that you could've used in justifying the legalities of a tackle such as that as you did with Anasta's celebrations and as to how much we should see into the consequences of such a tackle. Too much ambiguity but fair to say - to a certain extent - Anasta's actions were rather d*ckhead-ish at the very least.

a deliberate hit but im still not positive it was a game plan. it was there for the taking so they did it. i still think 9/10 times the player wouldnt get injured, maybe winded but not dislocations. i put his injury down to more of a fluke accident.

I think it isn't so bad, football can be rough, football careers can end before they even start. I don't think it any injury from any A-Grade football game is intentional at all. Maybe they got an order "Wear them down in the first half with heavy hits" but unlikely they intended to take off Wing for the game or any other player for that matter. bad place + bad time = dislocated shoulder lol and malicious attack? - Hardly.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • leon.bott
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.