Credit where credit's due

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by mrslong, Oct 2, 2008.

1. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Very curious to see how it translates to potato chip form.

2. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Are we seriously talking about the nuances of preparing 2 minute noodles? Don’t get me wrong, I was an expert ina past life, but ****, that shit will be the death of ya!

3. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Life and death bra. 5 mins by the by.

soup likes this.
  4. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

You guys know that those Mi Goreng noodles taste nothing like actual Mi Goreng? I went and found some in Malaysia and was shocked by how different they were. Also broth sounds weird with them but the flavours are awesome so I'm sure it works

5. abashii

abashii NRL Player

Yeah they're meant to be dry. I've never known anyone to make them as soup noodles.

Tom likes this.
  6. MOAR SALT!

7. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

With the ramen style, I usually toss the noodles if no one wants them and just have the soup. The green curry ones are nice.

8. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Yes! You cook the noodles then drain them and the 5 packets gets mixed in with the noodles with no water.

9. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

That’s crazy, you mix the seasonings in with the water, the broth is delicious!

10. Pure crazy talk.

I did do that once by accident and it's just not as good.

soup and Tom like this.
  11. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Try them our way. You will never look back.

[​IMG]

abashii and broncospwn like this.
  12. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

To each his own. I often toss the noodles away and just have the soup.

Member xtra saucy noodles a while back? Damn they were good, why did they disappear?

13. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Also that gif is creepy and hilarious.

Tom likes this.
  14. abashii

abashii NRL Player

I'm not typically one of those wankers who gets worked up about what people eat or how they eat it like the pineapple pizza type deal, but that is the most unusual and disturbing food related thing I can remember reading. What led you to make them without draining the water in the first place?

broncospwn and soup like this.
  15. Boil the noodles and drain the water, then add the seasoning and add a little butter.

I don't usually like butter, but mixed in with the seasoning, it's quite nice. Only way to have them.

16. **** yes. Moar salt indeed.

soup likes this.
  17. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Disturbing lol

You microwave them for five mins, then add all the flavour mixes and sauces (this is specifically the mi goring type) and you get a lovely broth. I like Tom yum and the like, I prefer the soup over the noodles. I don’t eat them very often though.

Any other type of noodles, I drain the water.

18. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    I'm the opposite. Mi Goreng are the only noodles where I do drain the water.

broncospwn likes this.
  19. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Mi goreng are basically the only noodles I eat, instant noodles that is. Sometimes green curry, but I just enjoy the flavour, not the noodles themselves. If they had mi goreng or green curry soup where I’m at, I’d just get that.

Certain curries I could also just eat the sauce, no meat or veg, with rice. I’m weird.

20. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

So are you going to eat the chips with a broth too? Just conform.