Credit where credit's due

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
It would be so hard to prevent corruption, even at a local council level. Within 5 minutes of my house, there are 4 major developments, all cutting up large areas of bush land in to between 1 acre and 400m blocks. Hundreds of millions of dollars worth. All just this side of the Logan / Beaudesert border.

I can’t see how they would allow so much land to be cleared in such a small amount of time, especially as up until a few years ago they were militant (we had to pay over $10,000 in council fees just as an environmental levy for clearing trees, just to build on a block we already owned).

It wouldn’t be hard to imagine some developers throwing a sneaky $50k here and there to whoever was overseeing development approvals. It makes great business sense.

Just speculating of course, it could be anything but with so much money being thrown around, there are enough low-paid council workers that it’s inevitable one would happily have their back scratched.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It would be so hard to prevent corruption, even at a local council level. Within 5 minutes of my house, there are 4 major developments, all cutting up large areas of bush land in to between 1 acre and 400m blocks. Hundreds of millions of dollars worth. All just this side of the Logan / Beaudesert border.

I can’t see how they would allow so much land to be cleared in such a small amount of time, especially as up until a few years ago they were militant (we had to pay over $10,000 in council fees just as an environmental levy for clearing trees, just to build on a block we already owned).

It wouldn’t be hard to imagine some developers throwing a sneaky $50k here and there to whoever was overseeing development approvals. It makes great business sense.

Just speculating of course, it could be anything but with so much money being thrown around, there are enough low-paid council workers that it’s inevitable one would happily have their back scratched.
This removal was because the council conspired and removed the CEO I think, no a corruption investigation as in tacking kickbacks.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Tomorrow at about 1:30pm, I get the absolute priveledge and opportunity to find out the gender of my next child. I’m not picky, but It will be a very fricking awesome experience. I’m sooo looking forward to it.

I’ll update this thread when I know more. I would love to have a daddy’s little girl, but deep down I suspect another (3rd) boy. I’m more than happy with that

Can’t fricking wait!!

I honestly don’t care about gender. We are about 4.5 months in so half way.

I’m really enjoying the relaxed way that we are approaching this pregnancy.

My 4 y/o son kisses and talks to this baby in mummy’s tummy, and it’s so bloody sweet. Every morning and every night, he expresses his love.

We are so lucky.

Last edited:

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Brisvegas
Tomorrow at about 1:30pm, I get the absolute priveledge and opportunity to find out the gender of my next child. I’m not picky, but It will be a very fricking awesome experience. I’m sooo looking forward to it.

I’ll update this thread when I know more. I would love to have a daddy’s little girl, but deep down I suspect another (3rd) boy. I’m more than happy with that

Can’t fricking wait!!

I honestly don’t care about gender. We are about 4.5 months in so half way.

I’m really enjoying the relaxed way that we are approaching this pregnancy.

My 4 y/o son kisses and talks to this baby in mummy’s tummy, and it’s so bloody sweet. Every morning and every night, he expresses his love.

We are so lucky.
Congrats mate, happy days ahead

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
not sure whether this belongs in here or the "right to bag stuff out" thread ... so here will do.

I just went out to mow my front lawn, and found that someone had already done it.

I hadn't gotten around to it due to my work schedule (and when i had a day off, there was a bit or rain about). quite a few lawns in my street looked like they needed a mow

soup

State of Origin Rep
After 2 boys you are probably due a little princess. You gotta mix things up! I bet your partner is equally stoked.
Funnily enough, she knew it was a girl just by how sick she was. She wanted a boy because she knows how complex girls can be.

I’m happy as a pig in mud, for the next 12 years anyhow ;)

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
After 2 boys you are probably due a little princess. You gotta mix things up! I bet your partner is equally stoked.
You don’t miss much eh. You’re absolutely right though. I’d have felt a bit shortchanged having three boys and no girls.

I had to fight for this baby. 8 months ago I was at the GP asking about the snip on behalf of my Mrs.

I wanted a little girl so much, and I feel so blessed to actually get what I asked for. Of course I’d have absolutely loved a little boy, too.

I’m just so happy for our family to have the pidgin pair. It’s so good for all of us. My hope is that girls cuddle their dad’s longer than boys, not that I’m going without with the latter so far, but I understand I’m on borrowed time.

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
You don’t miss much eh. You’re absolutely right though. I’d have felt a bit shortchanged having three boys and no girls.

I had to fight for this baby. 8 months ago I was at the GP asking about the snip on behalf of my Mrs.

I wanted a little girl so much, and I feel so blessed to actually get what I asked for. Of course I’d have absolutely loved a little boy, too.

I’m just so happy for our family to have the pidgin pair. It’s so good for all of us. My hope is that girls cuddle their dad’s longer than boys, not that I’m going without with the latter so far, but I understand I’m on borrowed time.
Congrats Soup! That's great news.

soup

State of Origin Rep
8 months ago, I was getting fondled by a 60 year old man. Yes, he was a GP and I only slightly felt uncomfortable lol. But I was in there for a pre check for the big snip. Glad I didn’t go through with it. Ask me again in 12 years and I may say different.

Apart from conception, it was the most action I’d had in months. May have to go back for another checkup lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter