Credit where credit's due

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Just had pizza delivered.

The look on his face when I told him to keep the change, only for him to realize the change was 5 cents was priceless.

The pizza tasted better after that.

soup

State of Origin Rep
The backstory to yesterday is actually quite a story.

I had a proper migraine, and anybody that knows what that means, understands.

I woke up with the sharp throbbing pain behind my left eye and sure enough, as soon as I moved, I spewed.

I spewed about 12-13 times before my mum came over at midday with Maxilon (sp?).

After an hour with the anti-spew drug in my system, I went down to the hospital, not for me, but for the ultrasound. I spent the whole time clutching a spew bag and holding my left eye closed. Absolute commitment.

I just wanted someone to shoot me, really, but there were brief 30 second glimpses where I could open my eyes and see the live feed of the ultrasound.

If I’m honest, I could only enjoy about 30 seconds of it. I was that crook. But those thirty seconds were gold.

The nurses almost didn’t let me in because I looked so crook. I said, it’s a migraine, you won’t stop me l, and they didn’t.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, Home Alone style, you gave them a tip, keep the change you filthy animals!

Sounds like you were just being an asshole for no reason, shame on you mate.
Yeah, there is that possibility.

However, the reality is different. The reality is me not wanting to wait for him to dig through his fanny pack for 5 cents so just telling him not worry about it and to keep it. But the change of expression on his face did give me a chuckle. It was like the expression of a kid that thinks he got an iphone but opens the box to find socks.

There's a saying about people that jump to conclusions.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
not sure whether this belongs in here or the "right to bag stuff out" thread ... so here will do.

I just went out to mow my front lawn, and found that someone had already done it.

I hadn't gotten around to it due to my work schedule (and when i had a day off, there was a bit or rain about). quite a few lawns in my street looked like they needed a mow
Great isn't it but tinged with a bit of resentment. Weird huh? I've had my footpath mowed by my neighbour and my front yard too on one or two occasions as I just have a hedge and no driveway gates. I've done it too, mowed the footpaths outside for both my adjacent neighbours and the people across the road. We all like each other, no nosey parkers though. It makes you feel good to do something nice. I'm sure you know that already.

bb_gun

NRL Player
Yeah, there is that possibility.

However, the reality is different. The reality is me not wanting to wait for him to dig through his fanny pack for 5 cents so just telling him not worry about it and to keep it. But the change of expression on his face did give me a chuckle. It was like the expression of a kid that thinks he got an iphone but opens the box to find socks.

There's a saying about people that jump to conclusions.
That still sounds like you're an asshole. Why are you talking about anything regarding the delivery person? They're just a human who unfortunately received your order.

Why do you want to disappoint someone into thinking that they just received an iPhone but instead got socks?

That's really weird mate...

Just admit that you were an asshole to an innocent delivery person who was only doing their job.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Great isn't it but tinged with a bit of resentment. Weird huh? I've had my footpath mowed by my neighbour and my front yard too on one or two occasions as I just have a hedge and no driveway gates. I've done it too, mowed the footpaths outside for both my adjacent neighbours and the people across the road. We all like each other, no nosey parkers though. It makes you feel good to do something nice. I'm sure you know that already.
I always mow my neighbours grass. TBF, his missus is hot as ****.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Photos? Preferably through a window but pov's okay too!!
Wish I could comply, but i’d be on the sex offender’s list pronto!
- Merged

TBF Huge Huge she’s probably about the age of my first born. Yeah she’s cute, but in a way I just want to look after her.
- Merged

Just wanted to put it out there, I couldn’t be more in love with my partner of 16 years. We ain’t married, but what does that prove? Nothing against it, but we’ve outlasted every relationship we’ve known, apart from our parents.

I will marry her, but it’ll be low key.

I love my girl. She’s given me so much. A boy, a girl, and 16 years of love, happiness and serious challenges. And I can only wish the same for all of you. Lots of love to you blokes.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
That still sounds like you're an asshole. Why are you talking about anything regarding the delivery person? They're just a human who unfortunately received your order.

Why do you want to disappoint someone into thinking that they just received an iPhone but instead got socks?

That's really weird mate...

Just admit that you were an asshole to an innocent delivery person who was only doing their job.
Really? It makes me an asshole because I had a chuckle that someone that got a little disappointed because they thought I gave them more money?

So what does it make someone that bullies people on a weekly basis? What does it make someone that makes fun of someone's depression? What does it make someone that refers to another person as a nazi? And I'm the asshole.

Okay, if that makes me an asshole, I'm an asshole. It honestly doesn't worry me, I'm not a very nice person and I don't pretend to be.

However, I find the outrage in here a tad rich.

FTR, I'll take whatever punishment comes my way for this post even if it means I'm kicked off the site.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Really? It makes me an asshole because I had a chuckle that someone that got a little disappointed because they thought I gave them more money?

So what does it make someone that bullies people on a weekly basis? What does it make someone that makes fun of someone's depression? What does it make someone that refers to another person as a nazi? And I'm the asshole.

Okay, if that makes me an asshole, I'm an asshole. It honestly doesn't worry me, I'm not a very nice person and I don't pretend to be.

FTR, I'll take whatever punishment comes my way for this post even if it means I'm kicked off the site.
Yeah, it makes you an arsehole. The bloke or Sheila is just doing their job mate.
- Merged

For the record, nobody makes fun of someone’s depression. Not knowingly at least. Not sure why you’re deflected so horrendously.

You’re a good guy SF. Don’t pretend not to be.

Last edited:

Tom

State of Origin Rep
not sure whether this belongs in here or the "right to bag stuff out" thread ... so here will do.

I just went out to mow my front lawn, and found that someone had already done it.

I hadn't gotten around to it due to my work schedule (and when i had a day off, there was a bit or rain about). quite a few lawns in my street looked like they needed a mow
I say take the favour and be happy. Have to be careful with neighbours, it reminds me of something that happened to me years ago. I get home from work one day and there's half a dozen tins of dogfood and a packet of dry dogfood on my frontstep. Me being the complete paranoid I was jumps to the conclusion that one of my neighbours is accusing me of not feeding my dog. The first thought I have is to grab a baseball bat and go doorknocking to find out who did it and give them a serve and maybe break a few windows and do some panelbeating but I wisely decide not to go through with it. A day or so later I find out that a lady across the road had her dog pass away and the sight of dog food in her cupboard was upsetting her everytime she opened it.

That would have been awkward.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep

Lol, how did you think this was going to be received though? I couldn't give a shit, you do you man. **** act though, no two ways about it.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
This whole exchange reminded me of a rather messy night in a cab.

Myself and Black Philip Black Philip had partaken in a heavy night on the greenery, math wasn't his strong point and his friendly "keep the change" ended with a tip of about 10 cents. We all had a laugh and got more cash out, cause he got us home safe and the poor old cabby is paid **** all to put up with us.

Imagine being an asshole to the dude that's only reason to be standing in front of you is to bring you food to make your night better. I'm not saying he deserves a tip, or more money, but seems you've put him lower on the scale because of his job, which is a little sad.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter