Credit where credit's due

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I’m always up for bagging arseholes, but I’m going the other way here.

SF didn’t do this hoping it would mess with this guy, it wasn’t a pre-conceived dick act. He didn’t deliberately make the guy think he was getting a decent tip, only to be let down.

I feel bad for the delivery guy but it’s not on SF that he got his hopes up and was let down. And SF is not finding it funny out of a bullying “make myself feel better by knocking others down”. He just got a giggle from the split second “woohoo, Doh!” reaction.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I’m always up for bagging arseholes, but I’m going the other way here.

SF didn’t do this hoping it would mess with this guy, it wasn’t a pre-conceived dick act. He didn’t deliberately make the guy think he was getting a decent tip, only to be let down.

I feel bad for the delivery guy but it’s not on SF that he got his hopes up and was let down. And SF is not finding it funny out of a bullying “make myself feel better by knocking others down”. He just got a giggle from the split second “woohoo, Doh!” reaction.
Agree to disagree. It's a poor move, pre-conceived or not.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
I get pizza nearly every weekend and always give the driver a $3.00 tip.

I am no saint, but I used to deliver pizzas and I know how shit of a job it can be, especially when you get rude customers complaining about the most minuscule thing like it's the end of the fucking world.

Three bucks ain't much in this day and age, but every driver always seems genuinely appreciative, and I dunno, it feels good to make others feel good. More people should make others feel good, not necessarily through tipping, just in general.

What SF did wasn't a very pleasant thing to do, but the driver probably would've shrugged that off and forgotten about it - far worse customers out there than someone trying to be a smart fart. ;)

And SF, you're not a bad bloke.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Sorry everyone, proud Dad moment.

My eldest had her sports carnival these last couple of days. This is the first year that they can qualify for regionals and Age Champion. She got:

* 6th on shotput
* 3rd in longjump
* 3rd in cross country (qualifies for regionals)
* 3rd in 800m (qualifies for regionals)
* 1st in highjump (qualifies for regionals)
* 1st in 200m (qualifies for regionals)
* 1st in 100m (qualifies for regionals)
* Age Champion

But the OMG parts were how far she was winning the sprints by. This was the 100m final. She's the one in yellow:

This was the 200m final:

Fucking rocket this kid.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Sorry everyone, proud Dad moment.

My eldest had her sports carnival these last couple of days. This is the first year that they can qualify for regionals and Age Champion. She got:

* 6th on shotput
* 3rd in longjump
* 3rd in cross country (qualifies for regionals)
* 3rd in 800m (qualifies for regionals)
* 1st in highjump (qualifies for regionals)
* 1st in 200m (qualifies for regionals)
* 1st in 100m (qualifies for regionals)
* Age Champion

But the OMG parts were how far she was winning the sprints by. This was the 100m final. She's the one in yellow:

View attachment 5279

This was the 200m final:

View attachment 5280

Fucking rocket this kid.
You sure you're the dad? 🤪

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I’m sure I’ve put a post here saying I have a little bun in the oven, but I found out recently that we’re having a little girl.

I argued relentlessly for about 2-3 years to have this child, and in the end, good accidents happened.

Due late September, my first little girl is coming into this world. I couldn’t be happier.

Jedhead

NRL Player
Rotherham council in the UK have sown 20 odd kilometers of wildflowers on the grass verges to help pollinators. They chose a mixture of native and non-native flowers to extend the growing period and saved over 50K in mowing fees.

Not only only does it save the rate payers' money its eco-friendly and makes the place look a lot more welcoming. Would love our councils to consider this too.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
We had an EOFY work dinner tonight at a teppanyaki place (yes, that's right, we finance people like to mark the occasion haha).

Probably not worth it in terms of what you pay for food, etc... but a great laugh watching everyone getting raw eggs thrown at them, rice, and catching cooked egg in your mouth. Good times.
- Merged

Also, I'm drunk and have ordered a pizza and garlic bread because the teppanyaki did not satisfy my insatiable appetite.
- Merged

Also, also, I'm fucking useless with chopsticks.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter