Credit where credit's due

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Just tried Getta Burgers at North Lakes. I never knew North Lakes even had one.

Apart from the fact it cost an arm and a leg, that was up there as one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. It's a lot better than Carls which has declined in quality quite a bit since their opening.

Chips were a bit hit and miss, though. Like the seasoning, though.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Comparing it with Carls is like comparing Maccas to a 5 star a la carte restaurant. Good shit though.

Giving Wing Fix a go on the weekend. MOAR BURGERS!

Renegade

NRL Captain
Just tried Getta Burgers at North Lakes. I never knew North Lakes even had one.

Apart from the fact it cost an arm and a leg, that was up there as one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. It's a lot better than Carls which has declined in quality quite a bit since their opening.

Chips were a bit hit and miss, though. Like the seasoning, though.
Betty's is quite good, one of the best ones on the northside (chermside)

Carls is cod average stuff.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Getta Filthy was fucking fantastic. I legit couldn't finish it. Granted i'd eaten some of their loaded fries prior but it was a big burger. Yeah they're expensive but I'd much rather pay a little more for something that I'll enjoy and feel full after eating. I tried Frtizenburger a while ago and while the burger was great, I could have eaten another quite happily. It wasn't cheap either.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
What are you guys paying out of interest? Because Getta is pretty cheap compared to most actual burger shops I've found. (Carls, Maccas, HJs doesn't fall under my category of burger shop)

Renegade

NRL Captain
I pretty much expect to pay 15-20 bucks for the burger itself, with fries/drinks additional.

I think that's reasonable for a good quality burger.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
What are you guys paying out of interest? Because Getta is pretty cheap compared to most actual burger shops I've found. (Carls, Maccas, HJs doesn't fall under my category of burger shop)
$21.60 for a Getta combo deal.

$20 for the burger and fries and $1.60 for a 600ml Coke No Sugar.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
I'm not working for a week and a bit as I transition into my new job... there's something immensely enjoyable about just doing nothing and not having to meet the usual weekly schedule/responsibilities that come with work.

Ah, guess I better enjoy it while I can.
- Merged

For example, it's 1pm on a Wednesday and I'm watching The Simpsons, does it get any better?!

Last edited:

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I'm not working for a week and a bit as I transition into my new job... there's something immensely enjoyable about just doing nothing and not having to meet the usual weekly schedule/responsibilities that come with work.

- Merged

For example, it's 1pm on a Wednesday and I'm watching The Simpsons, does it get any better?!
Knowing that you can do exactly the same thing tomorrow.

Allo

NRL Captain

- Merged

I’m almost only 30 and if I could retire tomorrow, I’d do it without hesitation and would not miss working ever. I think I could do nothing for a good 6 months before getting restless and needing a hobby after that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter