Credit where credit's due

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Woolies and Coles should be commended for making their first trading hour (tues-Fri, i think) exclusively for the elderly and people with a disability.

this will allow these guys to get what the need before the vultures swoop, panic buying things they don't need and preventing the most vulnerable from getting the things they do

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Woolies and Coles should be commended for making their first trading hour (tues-Fri, i think) exclusively for the elderly and people with a disability.

this will allow these guys to get what the need before the vultures swoop, panic buying things they don't need and preventing the most vulnerable from getting the things they do
It will allow some, but there is the still the issue of a lot of elderly and disabled people not being able to make it down at that time because carers aren't available or they simply have no one that can take them.

They should be keeping shit in the back for them.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
In California there are laws against price gouging in times of emergency. Does anyone know if any of our states have anything similar?

1584349318539.png

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The 2021 Hyundai i30 sedan, also known as the Elantra, looks shit hot. I don't usually drive sedans, I’m more of a hatchback person, but when I upgrade I would be very tempted.

qmtxyocndulggk3docf2.jpgscbvjyjnxdtasebtr64o.jpgbnva2asph9dyyjnadeya.jpgkos3ugka4ka2tpxdtw3e.jpgad6wuypsamync3s6yht6.jpg

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
Credit to Seibs.

He copped a fair pasting on here from many last year, and maybe fairly. I've always taken the view that last year was settling in and I'd postpone judgement til this year - full pre-season, knowing the players better, perhaps more confident to make some big calls on players/positions.

I think while the players are certainly playing out of their skins, some of the credit for our performances should go to Seibs. He's been dealt a very difficult hand with the injuries/suspensions and I feel that his choices to overcome those have been very good. Lastnight's use of the bench was outstanding for mine - benching Macca, swapping Kotoni into the halves...to me that says he recognised an issue, and changed the plan on the run. Flexibility is so important and I think lastnight demonstrated that Seibs has that flexibility.

He is quite open in that he learnt a lot last year, and was perhaps a little underprepared for the pressure/scrutiny/etc. I think he's shown that he's the type of bloke who is always trying to be better. The type to self-analyse, pick apart his weaknesses and work to improve them, and I feel he's spent some time on that over the off-season.

My prediction is that he will continue to improve as a coach. The boys are playing for him and for each other, and the enthusiasm is great to watch!! It's infectious, and I'm starting to get excited about what this team can do. Seibs had to take some of the blame for last year; he also gets to take some of the credit for this year. He seems a really likeable bloke, and I hope he continues to grow and evolve and make this team his own.

Aldo

NRL Player
New South Wails
Credit to Seibs.

He copped a fair pasting on here from many last year, and maybe fairly. I've always taken the view that last year was settling in and I'd postpone judgement til this year - full pre-season, knowing the players better, perhaps more confident to make some big calls on players/positions.

I think while the players are certainly playing out of their skins, some of the credit for our performances should go to Seibs. He's been dealt a very difficult hand with the injuries/suspensions and I feel that his choices to overcome those have been very good. Lastnight's use of the bench was outstanding for mine - benching Macca, swapping Kotoni into the halves...to me that says he recognised an issue, and changed the plan on the run. Flexibility is so important and I think lastnight demonstrated that Seibs has that flexibility.

He is quite open in that he learnt a lot last year, and was perhaps a little underprepared for the pressure/scrutiny/etc. I think he's shown that he's the type of bloke who is always trying to be better. The type to self-analyse, pick apart his weaknesses and work to improve them, and I feel he's spent some time on that over the off-season.

My prediction is that he will continue to improve as a coach. The boys are playing for him and for each other, and the enthusiasm is great to watch!! It's infectious, and I'm starting to get excited about what this team can do. Seibs had to take some of the blame for last year; he also gets to take some of the credit for this year. He seems a really likeable bloke, and I hope he continues to grow and evolve and make this team his own.
Top post

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏

This is great. I was worried it was going to be another Alex McKinnon incident, but he's doing awesome.

Edit: Wait.. that's not Mose Masoe..

Damn, at a glance I thought it was.

Edit 2: Well, credit to this guy anyway!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.