Credit where credit's due

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Looking at puppies. Pretty sure I want them all.
Our family is absolutely desperate for a puppy. Time is nigh. We wanted our baby to be big enough to contend and establish dominance and the little fucker is dominating us all. Time is nigh!

Cant fucking wait. The last best mate I had was a beautiful black Labrador that I buried 20 years ago. Well overdue.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
We get visited often by a big black labrador that used to come to the fence and visit Jack all the time, very friendly and he obviously misses him.

Tom

State of Origin Captain
Lost my dog in 2012. I still have dreams about playing with him. It's weird, in the dreams I know what's happening can't be real, but I just enjoy it.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
We get visited often by a big black labrador that used to come to the fence and visit Jack all the time, very friendly and he obviously misses him.
She was the runt of the litter when we got her. I was about seven I suppose. She was more human (and more humane) than most people. I ate, played and slept beside her. She was my rock in a somewhat turmoltuous childhood. She read my feelings better than any person, nuzzling for a cuddle when my heart was broken. She was gentle and empathetic beyond any human. She understood my depth of emotions, as I did hers. She protected me on many occasions, indeed tearing the ear off another fuckhead dog that attacked us when I was 10, walking the streets with her. I took her to creeks so we could swim together, through paddocks where we chased hares together, we even vomited together from car sickness in the backseat of the family car. We were thicker than thieves and closer than conjoined twins. The day I came back from the Gold Coast (on my adopted dad’s advice) to have her put to sleep due to arthritis and Toowoomba’s horrifically cold weather, was the day I became a man. Holding her paw and reassuring her, watching her sleep for the last time, digging the grave through streaming tears, I will never forget that she was my rock and confidante through the toughest times of my childhood.

The love of a great dog is beyond what any human can offer.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
To my adopted father’s credit, he made me deal with the situation, even while I was full-on, head up my arse, taking as many drugs as I could and acting as selfishly as I could. Even though I was that way, when my dad called, I knew my role. I owed her more than I could give her. Rest In Peace, Sooty. You were the reason I survived my childhood.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
My little dog is still stuck with a friend in China. I miss the little brat so much, she used to fall asleep in my arms, so so cute and was always rolled up somewhere near my feet or next to me all other times.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I have been working hard on the wife to get a new one, she is still resisting, but weakening. I think 1-2 months if we can find the right litter.
It just doesn't feel right here at the moment, and our big dog needs a buddy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

Twitter