Cricket in QLD 08/09

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
So, I've just gone through the draw and the bad news is the Gabba isn't hosting much International Tests or ODI. The good news is there is heaps of 20/20 and they are mostly on Friday nights!

This is what I'm going to, Jeb, (I don't know any other cricket lovers from BHQ eusa_think ) etc...if you guys want to come to any let me know!

It starts with the greatest of hit and giggles;

Nov 14 (Friday) Australia v All-Stars XI!!!! Friday night, how good is this going to be!!?

Nov 20-24- Test Aus v NZ. I'm going to try and get to day 1 of this, then depending on how it plays day 4.
Dec 3- Bulls v SA 1d'er(Wednesday). Will be able to get to the second innings of this.
Dec 26- Bulls v Blues 20/20. (Fri night!) (after watching boxing day test vs SA all day= drunk from the start [icon_drun )
Jan 9- Bulls v SA 20/20. (Fri night!)
Jan 13- Aus v SA 20/20 (Tues day night)
Feb 13- Aus v SA ODI. (Fri night!)

I'm going to try and see all those, however the bolded ones I'm nearly as good as there!

I'll ne heading to some of the 20/20's for sure I might be going to the test match vs the sheep shaggers too.

Get me a ticket for the Australia v All Stars game, that will be a beauty!!!!! Like the sound of the ODI's as well icon_thumbs_u

Might go to the Saffers ODI, mate of mine is from there so I never miss an opportunity to rub their failures in his face.

lolz...briareos...that's so Aussie Male.

It is no wonder, chix dig us.

KFAH is into balls, stumps and leather. [icon_razz1

I'll be heading to some fixtures, usually Queensland Bulls based. There's a high probability that you'll see me there, for numerous reasons. Low crowd attendance being the most obvious. [icon_lol1.

Should be fun.

Will make it along to the Test Match day 3. That's a certainty. 20/20 is a bastardised version of the game so there's no way I'd go along to any of those. Might try and get along to the one day inernational too.

Hammo said:
lolz...briareos...that's so Aussie Male.

It is no wonder, chix dig us.

I've a pommy brother in law too.

Now I just need a kiwi mate to complete the unholy trinity.

I'll probably go along to all those games. Can't wait for the All Star game!

All Star team? Of what?

Those games are always rubbish anyway. World XI, anyone? to borrow a phrase: LOLZ!

Hopefully the Saffers put up a fight. I long for competitive cricket.

I still don't get all the shit hung on 20/20. It's a great spectacle and IMO one of the only ways for the game to expand. The rest of the world is too impatient for test games and even ODI's that's just how it is.

Like it or not, 20/20 is the future.

Witha generation who can't even concentrate long enough to watch a full length movie, how can Cricket expect to draw youth to their sport?

The answer? Do what Packer did the first time...shorten the game, add some rock n roll and make it a splash-fest.

Not only is 20/20 here for good, it will dominate very soon IMO. The IPL is just the start. It won't be long before smart (and rich) buisnessmen figure it out and we have Southern Hemisphere comps, ala Super 14s.

Simply a matter of time.

Hammo said:
Like it or not, 20/20 is the future.

Witha generation who can't even concentrate long enough

Sorry, I stopped reading there. Got distracted.

Go 20/20!

yeah we're thinking of going to the all stars game! we've been wanting to go to a 20/20 and have never been before!

They're good fun to attend. I went to the Australia-England one at the SCG early last year and it was a great night.

Gilly is on the All Star team!

Here's hoping for some fireworks.

Will be trying to get to the Bulls 20/20 on Jan 9, sounds good. Went last year and was awesome fun. Aus v All*s is the night before the WC Semi final, DOH!

Will try and get to a couple of Bulls ODI's too if I can scrounge some free tix.

Active Now

• thenry
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.