NEWS Crowd ban could last six months; Broncos 'bunker' down

Why do you think that @Super Freak ?
What does having a crowd add to the TV experience?
I know my opinion might change after Fri night, but I don;t feel any different when watching on TV, a game in NSW with a near empty stadium vs a a full house Suncorp.
But near empty and actually empty may be different I guess.
I mean I guess I can see how it might be not as good to an extent, but not so as to put me off the game. That's all :)
I watched the UFC on the weekend where they had no crowd and it certainly felt different watching it, definitely sounded different. It felt like I was watching am inferior product because there was no crowd noise.

I watched the UFC on the weekend where they had no crowd and it certainly felt different watching it, definitely sounded different. It felt like I was watching am inferior product because there was no crowd noise.
Yeah it makes it feel very amateur. Strange.
I wonder if fake crowd would trick you psychologically. Cut to old footage of the crowd in between play. It would probably work. Fox could have a red button crowd noise option.

Last edited:
i reckon the Dogs/Cows players felt it last night......the parts of the game whee you expect the crowd noise to increase....wasnt there.....yeh a bit getting use to i reckon...

i reckon the Dogs/Cows players felt it last night......the parts of the game whee you expect the crowd noise to increase....wasnt there.....yeh a bit getting use to i reckon...
I liked after lachlan lewis' try he waved his hands to pump up the would be crowd.

Why do you think that @Super Freak ?
What does having a crowd add to the TV experience?
I know my opinion might change after Fri night, but I don;t feel any different when watching on TV, a game in NSW with a near empty stadium vs a a full house Suncorp.
But near empty and actually empty may be different I guess.
I mean I guess I can see how it might be not as good to an extent, but not so as to put me off the game. That's all :)

The crowd adds to the excitement of the game. It's not going to for all fans and not for all games but for most. Anxious moments are more anxious, excitement moments are more exciting. The crowd can make a game more engaging especially when it's a big crowd.

One example is the Bulldogs vs Storm match at Belmore in 2015. That game was more exciting to watch due to how vocal the crowd was. You could feel the atmosphere sitting at home.

It's just not as good without the crowd. I've seen a game where the crowd noise wasn't in the broadcast because of technical problems and it makes a hell of a difference when there is crowd noise.

I think it's safe to say most fans are casual viewers and those are the ones that are going to be an issue. Numbers will skyrocket at first for obvious reasons but over time those numbers are going to drop as fans start getting bored and disinterested.

Just watched my first game of no crowd - Cowgirls V Doggies in Sydney, so I hardly noticed anything different, legit :)

I just hope they don’t cancel the comp when the first player gets it . It going to be a miserable few months and was looking forward to watching the Broncos .

Remember the world cup soccer in Brasil where they sold those fucked up buzzing things to the crowd? My Mrs family is German so had the games on all the time. They had to mute the games was the crowd noise was so ear splitting. In pitch. Wasn't all bad but made soccer extra boring. I say just be rowdier on the couch by yourself and make up for it.

Mrs just told me that she saw last week that some players and possibly the coaching staff arrive at BroncosHQ in cabs......going to be a short end to season for NRL if anyone trusts that some covid 19 person has not dribbled on the seat the night before

Mrs just told me that she saw last week that some players and possibly the coaching staff arrive at BroncosHQ in cabs......going to be a short end to season for NRL if anyone trusts that some covid 19 person has not dribbled on the seat the night before
Surely they’re not that dopey?

Apparently they are. She has a photo of one of them but no names cause I blame the coach and management for not organizing more appropriate transportation for the whole team

The cabs would have been pre-booked and they would have been cleaned beforehand.

Offa is catching the train from Springfield to get to training, so I don't think the Broncos are taking the virus as seriously as some people may be hoping. He even said sometimes the islander kids who jump on at Oxley recognize him and swarm him.

Offa is catching the train from Springfield to get to training, so I don't think the Broncos are taking the virus as seriously as some people may be hoping. He even said sometimes the islander kids who jump on at Oxley recognize him and swarm him.

The trains don’t go all the way to red hill he would have to change in the city and get a bus.
That’s a pretty long trip twice a day.
Surely they could organise someone to give him a lift.

He should be in front of a magistrate asking for a work licence at the least. Given the circumstances, it would be about a 3 minute request.

Just watched my first game of no crowd - Cowgirls V Doggies in Sydney, so I hardly noticed anything different, legit :)

If anything ...I'm liking it better. You can hear the on field action much clearer. I think the refereeing is better. Decisions not being swayed by the crowd. My RL experience hasn't been affected at all so far.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • mrslong
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Horseheadsup
  • Morkel
  • Yem
  • Maroon4life
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrRobot
  • Allo
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.