Current League Metas

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
A Meta is a particular stategy that is the most optimal way of playing a game. (i.e wrestling tackle techniques)

I've seen that the most successful teams try everything they can to try and play ahead of the mark. Consistantly. It rarely ever gets called back, and is effective at stopping charging defensive lines because of offside issues. A team that does this tends to make more metres than teams that don't actively attempt it, and is a huge reason between why we don't make the meters that our opposition do and end up struggling to rush in defense. It seems like this could and should be coached into the team.

Thoughts on this or any other metas?

Hodges was the king of playing the ball off the mark. Good times.

Rolling off the mark to get the dummy half or one off runner in behind the markers. Melbourne do it fucking perfectly for easy metres then a quick PTB after.

Diving on minimal contact seems to be a go to atm also and the refs are taking the bait every time.

A Meta is a particular stategy that is the most optimal way of playing a game. (i.e wrestling tackle techniques)

I've seen that the most successful teams try everything they can to try and play ahead of the mark. Consistantly. It rarely ever gets called back, and is effective at stopping charging defensive lines because of offside issues. A team that does this tends to make more metres than teams that don't actively attempt it, and is a huge reason between why we don't make the meters that our opposition do and end up struggling to rush in defense. It seems like this could and should be coached into the team.

Thoughts on this or any other metas?
The storm have been doing it for years... they know they won't get called back for every one of them so why would they stop?

The one from Vunavalu tonight was just ridiculous... he gets up to start running again... gets 5m away from the mark, stops and take one step back and plays the ball.

Yeah righto that mark looks about right... both our markers are taken out of the play, storm get a quick ptb and keep rolling down the field. I'm sure Cam had his hands in the air appealing for a penalty as well.

I don't even know why I watch this sport anymore it becomes more and more apparent that those who cheat win... it must be the only sport in the world where the referee is abused by the media for correctly officiating the rules!!

In games we've been smashed, we've come close to and even beaten the opposition in PTB speed. For example tonight (3.42 Broncos vs 3.7 Storm). The key difference is not how fast you play the ball but the momentem and location you play the ball.

If we can train for this and make more meters, then our 5th tackle options get better the closer to the line you are. It will have a flow on effect for the rest of the game.

The other side of the equation are tactics to prevent or minimize the opposition doing this.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • theshed
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Thelmus
  • Ozired
  • MrRobot
  • simplythebest
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.