Curtis Scott

Yeah I'm sorry ....but there' more than a fucken few.
Source? Or just a nonsense opinion?
I mean, there are 63000 cops in Australia, so if just 1% are *****, thats 630 of them.
Still a lot of pricks in a position of power to make your life miserable, but until we have robot cops, the human factor will play a part.
The alternative is no cops, which is far far worse than a few shit ones.

Last edited:
Source? Or just a nonsense opinion?
I mean, there are 63000 cops in Australia, so if just 1% are *****, thats 630 of them.
Still a lot of pricks in a position of power to make your life miserable, but until we have robot cops, the human factor will play a part.
The alternative is no cops, which is far far worse than a few shit ones.
How is the alternative no cops? The alternative is accountability for when cops are shit, not it being swept under the rug by flimsy "internal investigations".

The amount of effort a citizen has to go through to get justice when a cop is shitty is astounding.

See below for the case of a shit cop who was cleared three times by internal reviews before drawing the attention of the Corruption and Crime Commission.

I’d say there would be an abover average number of assholes in the police force compared to other professions, because the power attracts a certain kind of narcissist. But the police force is countered by the other type of person who wants to help society. It’s quite the mix. Add to this arresting ice heads and dvo dickheads all day, it’s gotta take a toll On a persons mental health.

I’d say there would be an abover average number of assholes in the police force compared to other professions, because the power attracts a certain kind of narcissist. But the police force is countered by the other type of person who wants to help society. It’s quite the mix. Add to this arresting ice heads and dvo dickheads all day, it’s gotta take a toll On a persons mental health.

There are many professions which deal with some horrible situations. Only one of them can abuse their power to take those stresses out on other people. Majority of coppers are let down by what seems to be an increasing number of ***** like this.

How is the alternative no cops? The alternative is accountability for when cops are shit, not it being swept under the rug by flimsy "internal investigations".

The amount of effort a citizen has to go through to get justice when a cop is shitty is astounding.

See below for the case of a shit cop who was cleared three times by internal reviews before drawing the attention of the Corruption and Crime Commission.

The alternative is no cops because no matter the level of accountability, you are still going to have dickhead cops making it hard for the abundance of good cops. That's the human factor, no matter the controls in place, you will still get bullies and power hungry assholes slip through the cracks into the system.
In America right now, there are certain elements of society calling for the de-funding of the police because of a few bad apples.

I suppose the only way to improve this situation is tougher screening, more thorough psych profiling and more stringent testing to become a cop in the first place.
Of course then you have to worry about a shortage of law enforcement.
The cops in this case have stepped over a line, but i imagine their days are full of dealing with drunk/drugged up assholes who get violent at the drop of a hat and so when they come across a passed out footballer who is obviously bigger and more athletic than your average joe, they take certain precautions.
Not an excuse, but a reason i guess.

There are many professions which deal with some horrible situations. Only one of them can abuse their power to take those stresses out on other people. Majority of coppers are let down by what seems to be an increasing number of ***** like this.
Fair point. Coppers are law breaking dodgy ***** because society pushes them to be law breaking dodgy *****.

Last edited:
Ehhh yes and no.
Most professions don't see you put in a situation where you have to intervene in domestic violence, child molestation, drug psychosis and other horrible situations that could turn really ugly, really fast.
Most professions don't have a life or death factor that the cops have to face on a semi-regular basis.
Even jobs like club security usually hand things off to the cops when it gets seriously ugly.
It would be a rough job on the best of days. That will take its toll over time, and outside of law enforcement/ the military i cant see any other jobs that come close to the stresses a cop faces on the daily.

Put it this way it's certainly one job I'd hate to have. I can cope with a few dickhead cops as I know the work that the police force actually does and for which I'm thankful for. I'd hate to be arresting ice addicts. There is just one form of policing I can't bear and that's highway patrols. But they aren't the lowest form of society, it's those ***** in mobile speed cameras, 3rd party wankers. Not helping society in anyway.

Sometimes I like to imagine being in an unmarked cop car and taking down assholes who speed and tailgate people, sounds like a dream job.

Last edited:
This is spot on, i dated a cop for a while, and she was definitely a narcissist. Loved the nose candy too and i used to wonder just how many police where in the force, carrying a firearm daily, that had drug issues themselves.
It again comes back to tighter screening and more stringent protocols in place to becoming a cop in the first place.
This is where America is getting it astoundingly wrong right now, instead of de-funding the police, they should be putting more money into the selection process.

It would be a tough job and it’s understandable (not excusable) when an individual copper crosses the line under stress. The problem is when you say that it’s only 1% that are bad it doesn’t mean that they are all separate. Some of those “bad” ones work together and cover each other and encourage even worse behaviour. When this happens you have a culture of abuse of power and this is what we have to stop. Even the good cops would be against that.

The alternative is no cops because no matter the level of accountability, you are still going to have dickhead cops making it hard for the abundance of good cops. That's the human factor, no matter the controls in place, you will still get bullies and power hungry assholes slip through the cracks into the system.
In America right now, there are certain elements of society calling for the de-funding of the police because of a few bad apples.

I suppose the only way to improve this situation is tougher screening, more thorough psych profiling and more stringent testing to become a cop in the first place.
Of course then you have to worry about a shortage of law enforcement.
The cops in this case have stepped over a line, but i imagine their days are full of dealing with drunk/drugged up assholes who get violent at the drop of a hat and so when they come across a passed out footballer who is obviously bigger and more athletic than your average joe, they take certain precautions.
Not an excuse, but a reason i guess.
I think you're being about as generous as humanly possible in your assessment of these particular cops' characters. I think it's much more likely they were being cruel and abusing their power because it felt good than they held genuine fears that the passed out dude was a danger to them. Even more so when they had him handcuffed yet still felt the need to bash him and pepper spray him.

I don't think you can write off more accountability as a means of reining in bad cops, seeing as how we haven't really tried it yet. I'm not suggest there will never be dickheads in the police; I'm suggesting that the department actually try to stamp it out instead of sweep it under the rug.

One last thing:

All of my personal experiences with cops have been positive. They've shown discretion where appropriate, been polite and respectful to me and my family, and genuinely seemed like they were in the job for the right reasons.

I think you're being about as generous as humanly possible in your assessment of these particular cops' characters. I think it's much more likely they were being cruel and abusing their power because it felt good than they held genuine fears that the passed out dude was a danger to them. Even more so when they had him handcuffed yet still felt the need to bash him and pepper spray him.

I don't think you can write off more accountability as a means of reining in bad cops, seeing as how we haven't really tried it yet. I'm not suggest there will never be dickheads in the police; I'm suggesting that the department actually try to stamp it out instead of sweep it under the rug.

One last thing:

All of my personal experiences with cops have been positive. They've shown discretion where appropriate, been polite and respectful to me and my family, and genuinely seemed like they were in the job for the right reasons.
I suppose im looking for an explanation as to why someone would willingly inflict pain on a person in that state, I like to think sadism is at the bottom of the list as to why.
Its not in me to be cruel to someone for the sake of cruelty itself and it would seem to me, more likely that it was a result of having to deal with aggressive drunks/addicts day in day out, leading to an overly cautious approach, especially when dealing with someone in good physical shape and big enough to be a pro footballer.

Scott will now apply to have his legal costs covered, potentially more than $100,000, and may make a formal complaint about the police who arrested him.

100 fucking k to defend himself.

That's why it's not the same when cops are *****, when cops are ***** it ruins lives permanently unless you're someone with the money to defend yourself. Imagine how many poor fellas with barely a dollar to their name get locked up for a few years for "assaulting" police simply because they can't afford or don't have the will to defend themselves.

What's happened here is a disgrace and everyone in the case, including whoever was involved in the process of pressing the charges after reviewing the evidence should be removed from the police force.

Last edited:
It again comes back to tighter screening and more stringent protocols in place to becoming a cop in the first place.

Sounds like the issue is getting out of hand

most likely due to the fact there a more than a few shitcunts running round with badges.

Last edited:
"Being capsicum-sprayed whilst you are handcuffed and not decontaminated for some 19-odd minutes, that's much worse than anything I could do to you," the magistrate said. That's much worse than any punishment I can inflict on you. And I've watched you be tasered twice now.

"Already, you have been denounced. You've been punished. You've been made an example of already. They're all the things you're supposed to come to court to have happen to you."

That's absolutely disgraceful. Pepper sprayed while handcuffed and then tasered twice. That's straight up torture.

If this happened to any ordinary person, we'd be none the wiser. This gross misconduct is only highlighted because it happened to a person of note.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.