Daley takes over NSW coaching gig

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
NSW will learn that they'll have to out-score their opposition to win.

Congratulations Queensland. You just won 9 series in a row

Yeah goodluck to the guy and hopefully he can pick up where stuart left off.

It's making my head spin how many series in a row we could win

mexwav4ys.gif

Did he win the vote by a nose.

Lol. It's like they dont even want to win.

I like how he beat a field including Barrett (LOL), Fittler (Double LOL) and Daniel Anderson.

Of the 4, there's only one who IMO is a decent tactical coach. Anderson. His problem is more so maintaining player harmony at a club (and given he's done it at Parramatta and the Warriors, it's probably not entirely his fault).

He would've actually worried me.

The other 3? LOLZ

One good thing about him being the Blues coach is, he will be off Foxtel for several weeks during Origin. :thumbup1:

On the couriermail site it has this photo

449840-laurie-daley.jpg

And underneath it said, that smile won't last.

THE TEAM THAT SCORES THE MOST POINTS

WILL WIN THIS GAME

thanks NSW, it's not like we needed the help, but thanks anyway

It doesn't matter how shit you are, so long as you're mates with NSWRL, you're goo enough.

What qualifications does he have "His wife makes an amazing potato salad".

It doesn't matter how shit you are, so long as you're mates with NSWRL, you're goo enough.

What qualifications does he have "His wife makes an amazing potato salad".

He always wears some nice suits.

I read an article yesterday where Gallen came out and basically completely discredited Anderson and Murray by saying it had to be a former player to get the gig. I think that is absolutely pathetic of a current player discrediting guys who have actual genuine coaching experience including grand final appearances because he thinks they need a guy who "gets" Origin. Pretty sure Gould and Bennett never played Origin footy and they both certainly got it plus had the tactical accumen to actually build a side capable of winning footy matches. I would hope Gallen didn't influence the decision but to be honest Daley's CV is a unsuccessful stint as Assistant to Nathan Brown at St George and one game a year with Country which is a mickey mouse game. The only thing of substance Daley has is his playing career and that means nothing, Wally was a rubbish coach.

A mate and I were discussing this today. Neither of us is all that impressed by the choice, but we realised that Daley has better qualifications for the job than Mal did at his appointment. I think it will come down to his support staff.

LOL. I thought this was a troll thread. To be fair if NSW score more points than QLD they'll win the game. If Daley is good at anything, it's stating the bleeding obvious, maybe that's all that is needed at origin level.

NSW will have good leg speed next year.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.