Dally Ms 2020

What companies are hiring on the basis of sex or colour though ? The fact that a company can get in a lot of shit for doing this is enough to show that there’s enough in place for fairness.

But if people are getting picked because of their sex or colour, there are going to be people of the opposite sex or colour that are going to be affected, there is no question about that. That’s why it should just be left to skill level and suitability. When I get on a plane or have surgery I’d hope the pilot or Surgeon is there because they are the best suited and have earned their way into that position.

I’ve never had to tick a box for being indigenous when applying for a job, it’s mainly for doctors and hospitals. The data is used for health studies on indigenous people because we suffer from certain things because of genetics

I would suggest that the most noise is being made by either white people or people that want to take a short cut because they have been told the world owes them something. Most sensible hard working people of colour would rather work for their positions, just like everyone else. It’s called equality

I don't know. If you read my posts, I said I'm against quotas and I don't like them. I don't really care to get into an argument on something I agree with. I'm outlining the reason the quotas exist, not defending them.

Never? That's odd, because every single job I have applied for since turning 18 has asked me the question.

I don't know. If you read my posts, I said I'm against quotas and I don't like them. I don't really care to get into an argument on something I agree with. I'm outlining the reason the quotas exist, not defending them.

Never? That's odd, because every single job I have applied for since turning 18 has asked me the question.

Yeah sorry, I just can’t stand the way things are going in regards to these type of things. There’s apparently these racist oppresses that are keeping coloured people from getting jobs, but no one can say who they are or why they are doing it.
I just think it’s time that everyone no matter your race or gender gets over themselves and if they want something work hard to get it, and when they get denied a job because of their gender or colour then they can jump up and down and I’ll join them

Yeah I’ve never had to do it and I’ve work in fields from social work to carpentry. Maybe it’s the certain field you’ve work in. Some times it’s there for cultural awareness or data base building, it would be a stretch to say it’s there so they can put those papers on the black pile for shredding at the end of the day.
I’ve taken part in data building in regards to these types of issues and it’s the main reason I have these views

Yeah sorry, I just can’t stand the way things are going in regards to these type of things. There’s apparently these racist oppresses that are keeping coloured people from getting jobs, but no one can say who they are or why they are doing it.
I just think it’s time that everyone no matter your race or gender gets over themselves and if they want something work hard to get it, and when they get denied a job because of their gender or colour then they can jump up and down and I’ll join them

Yeah I’ve never had to do it and I’ve work in fields from social work to carpentry. Maybe it’s the certain field you’ve work in. Some times it’s there for cultural awareness or data base building, it would be a stretch to say it’s there so they can put those papers on the black pile for shredding at the end of the day.
I’ve taken part in data building in regards to these types of issues and it’s the main reason I have these views

Reading about the "issue" would suggest the biggest employer that use quotas are government. Which maybe true, or not, I have no idea. I would think they would use their own legislation to set whatever example they're trying to set.

Quotas should be abolished across the board. Rely on the discrimination laws in place, or change them if they aren't working.

If companies are spending money to collect that data, it's not a stretch to think that it's a KPI for someone. I would think given the talent across the population, the quotas would be met without any effort anyway.

Reading about the "issue" would suggest the biggest employer that use quotas are government. Which maybe true, or not, I have no idea. I would think they would use their own legislation to set whatever example they're trying to set.

Quotas should be abolished across the board. Rely on the discrimination laws in place, or change them if they aren't working.

If companies are spending money to collect that data, it's not a stretch to think that it's a KPI for someone. I would think given the talent across the population, the quotas would be met without any effort anyway.

Yeah from what I’ve seen the government do these types of things, not for the greater good or to achieve equality but to keep people quiet or cover their ass from a unspeakable past history of genocide and family wrecking which is still being felt today.

100% agree with just about everything you just said. Bring laws in that confront the problem don’t create new ones

That’s one of the beautiful things about living in a country like ours is that no matter your races or gender you are given a free education, what you do from there is up to you

I know exactly what you're saying, and I am personally not a fan of "quota systems". Unfortunately, we live in a world where people will not consider the other sex, or a different shade of skin, unless they are forced to.

Who's having their lives ruined because of this issue though? Companies don't hand the reigns to a female or person of colour if it's going to set the person, or the company up to fail. That's crazy talk.

Based purely on the quoted post here though, if anyone else, even with less experience was able to discuss the topic without the emotion, and what seems to be a clear bias, they would get the job.

Your post doesn't come across as civil. It comes across like a bogan who lost his job to a chick because she was smarter than him, but he hasn't worked that out yet.
Quote: "I know exactly what you're saying, and I am personally not a fan of "quota systems". Unfortunately, we live in a world where people will not consider the other sex, or a different shade of skin, unless they are forced to." BS ... people should hire on suitability for a job, skill and training. We are now at the point where people are being hired because of gender, skin colour, sexual preference - and other criteria that have NOTHING to do with performing a job well.

Quote: "Who's having their lives ruined because of this issue though? Companies don't hand the reigns to a female or person of colour if it's going to set the person, or the company up to fail. That's crazy talk." I give you Rugby Australia.

Quote: "Your post doesn't come across as civil. It comes across like a bogan who lost his job to a chick because she was smarter than him, but he hasn't worked that out yet." Really ... please point out any "bogan" terminology I've used ... I'll be waiting. And, apparently having emotion and guts to say things is now seen as something undesirable? Is that right? You'd prefer monotone and no emotion ... is that right?

I know exactly what you're saying, and I am personally not a fan of "quota systems". Unfortunately, we live in a world where people will not consider the other sex, or a different shade of skin, unless they are forced to.

Who's having their lives ruined because of this issue though? Companies don't hand the reigns to a female or person of colour if it's going to set the person, or the company up to fail. That's crazy talk.

Based purely on the quoted post here though, if anyone else, even with less experience was able to discuss the topic without the emotion, and what seems to be a clear bias, they would get the job.

Your post doesn't come across as civil. It comes across like a bogan who lost his job to a chick because she was smarter than him, but he hasn't worked that out yet.
Ive seen plenty of male pole smokers get positions over more qualified and capable people including females.......oh yeah and btw i have been released from a job for my skin colour.....at the end of the day who gives a **** really and i had another job the next day....life goes on... move on or wallow in self pity...zzzzzz

Ive seen plenty of male pole smokers get positions over more qualified and capable people including females.......oh yeah and btw i have been released from a job for my skin colour.....at the end of the day who gives a **** really and i had another job the next day....life goes on... move on or wallow in self pity...zzzzzz

They released you from a job ? I find it hard to believe they would hire you knowing your skin colour, then release you later because of your skin colour. Either you got a really good tan one weekend and shocked the lot of them on the Monday or there’s more behind why you got released.

They released you from a job ? I find it hard to believe they would hire you knowing your skin colour, then release you later because of your skin colour. Either you got a really good tan one weekend and shocked the lot of them on the Monday or there’s more behind why you got released.
Its fact and i couldnt give 2 ***** what you believe

Read today that Cam Smith only finised 3 points away from winning the award. And he missed 4 games. Love him or hate him, his consistently high level of performance is incredible.

Read today that Cam Smith only finised 3 points away from winning the award. And he missed 4 games. Love him or hate him, his consistently high level of performance is incredible.

I think he is one of the last great players we will see play the game for a while. I can’t see anyone with potential to be anything like Smith, JT, Cronk, Slater, GI ect ect. We are pretty lucky to have gotten to see them all play in the same team

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Stix
  • LittleDavey
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • whykickamoocow
  • Skathen
  • Behold
  • Strop
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.