Daniel Vidot discussion

Re: Should Daniel Vidot Be In The First Grade Side?

Read the very last post before mine guys.....

That is the issue, one poster says this, and it turns into `Everyone loved him last year...' hyperbole to the extreme. In any event, back on topic, after many many years of watching Bennett operate, if he had closed the book on Vidot and formed a final conclusion, he would have told him so, like he did with Hancock, Gilly, Barba to a degree Lewis, and if I sat down and wracked my brain I could come up with a few more examples. He would have had the usual conversation, there is not a place in first grade for you here, you are not in the plans. If that had of occurred one would expect that it would be in the press, so in my view the evidence tends to support a view that Vidot is being left to work on some issues but is still a hope of getting back into first grade.

There is a plan at the background of all of this, we just don't know what it is.

Last edited:

That is the issue, one poster says this, and it turns into `Everyone loved him last year...' hyperbole to the extreme. In any event, back on topic, after many many years of watching Bennett operate, if he had closed the book on Vidot and formed a final conclusion, he would have told him so, like he did with Hancock, Gilly, Barba to a degree Lewis, and if I sat down and wracked my brain I could come up with a few more examples. He would have had the usual conversation, there is not a place in first grade for you here, you are not in the plans. If that had of occurred one would expect that it would be in the press, so in my the evidence tends to support a view that Vidot is being left to work on some issues but is still a hope of getting back into first grade.

There is a plan at the background of all of this, we just don't know what it is.

Exactly.

If Vidot was no where in the plans bennett would have offered him a release and Vidot would be playing first grade at the Titans right now

Devil's Advocate hat on. The only "evidence" we have that Wayne hasn't told him that he's not part of the plans, as far as I can recall, is Vidot's own social media comments of "thanks for the support, working hard to get back in the team" etc. For all we know Wayne did tell him he's free to look elsewhere, and Vidot said "what if I can prove myself" and Bennett said "you do that".

Devil's Advocate hat on. The only "evidence" we have that Wayne hasn't told him that he's not part of the plans, as far as I can recall, is Vidot's own social media comments of "thanks for the support, working hard to get back in the team" etc. For all we know Wayne did tell him he's free to look elsewhere, and Vidot said "what if I can prove myself" and Bennett said "you do that".

I agree with the devil's advocate, I just work on the probability that if that conversation had been had it is more likely that it would have been leaked to the press by either rumour from discussion around the club, the player or the agent. The fact that it hasn't, then to point imo to the conclusion that the book has not been closed on him.

Vidot has nothing to lose staying on, even if Bennett doesn't rate him.

Broncos have to pay him regardless for this year. He could have sought a release but his market prospects aren't going to change between now and 2016.

May as well have a crack, and I think he isn't lying when he says he enjoys the playing group etc.

Vidot has nothing to lose staying on, even if Bennett doesn't rate him.

Broncos have to pay him regardless for this year. He could have sought a release but his market prospects aren't going to change between now and 2016.

May as well have a crack, and I think he isn't lying when he says he enjoys the playing group etc.
exactly. they cant make him leave, so if he can get paid $200k+ to live where he wants to, hang out with his mates, and play a much easier game of footy a week, maybe hes content to do that? maybe if enough players get injured he'll even get back in the broncos team at some stage. for all we know he is in talks with other clubs at the moment for next year anyway.

The only things Vidot need to do is to seriously increase his speed and learn how to catch the high ball. Once he can match Vatuvei's pace, Vidot can be the next Wendell Sailor (well, almost) as far as I am concerned.

exactly. they cant make him leave, so if he can get paid $200k+ to live where he wants to, hang out with his mates, and play a much easier game of footy a week, maybe hes content to do that? maybe if enough players get injured he'll even get back in the broncos team at some stage. for all we know he is in talks with other clubs at the moment for next year anyway.

You're not seriously using this argument are you? The one that you argued against last night with me, constantly?

Bennett CLEARLY doesn't like him... right, AP?

exactly. they cant make him leave, so if he can get paid $200k+ to live where he wants to, hang out with his mates, and play a much easier game of footy a week, maybe hes content to do that? ....

and if he is content with that, then that would explain and justify WB's decison to not select him

After all the assessment, Vidot is not knocking the door down through outstanding performances in the ISL.
Fact is he cannot oust a jets winger for a starting spot.
If a player is dropped and responds with outstanding performances at a lower level he is showing some character.
If not then the dropping would appear justified. It cant be then put on the coach as if to say ,He just needs some more coaching, It's a tough business and dropping players is one way to assess their toughness.

You're not seriously using this argument are you? The one that you argued against last night with me, constantly?

Bennett CLEARLY doesn't like him... right, AP?
i dont think bennett does like him, correct. he has no intention of picking him IMO and most likely has told him as much.

I'm just saying, just because Vidot hasnt come out saying hes looking for another club doesn't mean he has been told that he should. Maybe he's dirty with them and is prepared to just rob them of their money for little effort. maybe not. dont know.

all i know is that my stance is exactly the same - bennett doesnt want him at the broncos, doesn't want to work with him.

After all the assessment, Vidot is not knocking the door down through outstanding performances in the ISL.
If a player is dropped and responds with outstanding performances at a lower level he is showing some character.
If not then the dropping would appear justified. It cant be then put on the coach as if to say ,He just needs some more coaching, It's a tough business and dropping players is one way to assess their toughness.
lol so now hes also not good enough to be a winger in the ISC? pull the other one.

you also cant say that dropping someone is justified if they dont play the house down **after** the dropping, when their dropping in the first place wasn't justified lol.

Last edited:

i dont think bennett does like him, correct. he has no intention of picking him IMO and most likely has told him as much.

I'm just saying, just because Vidot hasnt come out saying hes looking for another club doesn't mean he has been told that he should. Maybe he's dirty with them and is prepared to just rob them of their money for little effort. maybe not. dont know.

all i know is that my stance is exactly the same - bennett doesnt want him at the broncos, doesn't want to work with him.

lol so now hes also not good enough to be a winger in the ISC? pull the other one.

you also cant say that dropping someone is justified if they dont play the house down **after** the dropping, when their dropping in the first place wasn't justified lol.

"lol so now hes also not good enough to be a winger in the ISC?" It would appear not.
Wasn't justified to who? YOU?

That's not really true; the Jets wingers come into the forwards anyway and they carried two wingers on the bench last year to come on after 20 minutes. They have four wingers after 20 minutes with Barba, Anderson, Conlon and Vidot.

He still is really playing 'wing' for the Jets.

I thought he was very good for the Jets against the Capras, especially during his stint on the wing. Still can't believe how fast he was in that break he created and led to the coast to coast try!

That's not really true; the Jets wingers come into the forwards anyway and they carried two wingers on the bench last year to come on after 20 minutes. They have four wingers after 20 minutes with Barba, Anderson, Conlon and Vidot.

He still is really playing 'wing' for the Jets.

That's a bizarre strategy.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Stix
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • Porthoz
  • Brocko
  • johnny plath
  • john1420
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.