Dare to Dream: Just what if we beat the Eels.....and made it to the GF

• Thread starter PNG Broncos fan88
  • Start date
PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
Just some scenarios, if we get to beat the Eels on Sunday.
* Provided the Sea Eagles get knocked out Week 1 and the Sharks do not get past Week 2
Scene01

Last edited:
Posts like this gives the fans false hope and just sets us up for failure and major disappointment.

I appreciate the post but let's be realistic - we aren't beating the Eels.

First scenario looks the most appealing imo

finishing 8th has actually given us a better run to the GF than if we beat the Bulldogs and finished 7th.

IMO we can beat all of the Eels, Raiders and Roosters to get to the GF ... but to have a chance to win it, we'll need the Storm to have a shock loss in week 3...

and since the NRL is more scripted than the WWE, maybe they have set it up to get the following GF scenario to play out:

Broncos vs Souths ... Seibold vs Bennett ... It's a marketers dream (but only if it happens this year)

I give us a chance on Sunday.
Everyone including 99% of fans have already written us off.
Travelling to Sydney and playing on a Sunday don't look to be in our favour, but we are only playing Parra, I mean it's not the Storm. It's winnable.
I personally think we are at our best when everyone has written us off and we aren't the favourite with the bookies.
I am hopeful that the rubbish we dished up last week was purely because we had an eye on the finals (this week,) and we can go back to playing for one another and aiming up in D.

finishing 8th has actually given us a better run to the GF than if we beat the Bulldogs and finished 7th.

IMO we can beat all of the Eels, Raiders and Roosters to get to the GF ... but to have a chance to win it, we'll need the Storm to have a shock loss in week 3...

and since the NRL is more scripted than the WWE, maybe they have set it up to get the following GF scenario to play out:

Broncos vs Souths ... Seibold vs Bennett ... It's a marketers dream (but only if it happens this year)
On a slightly related note: we lost three from three grudge matches this year. Souths (2x), Dragons (1x).

ill say we win if Parra towel us and then Fifita gets resigned for unders due to poor post-season performance...

Cmon....whos with me here..!!!

On a slightly related note: we lost three from three grudge matches this year. Souths (2x), Dragons (1x).
Do Cows games not qualify anymore? That must be the shortest-lived "greatest rivalry" there has ever been.

God damn we owe the Dragons a thrashing.

10470318-3x2-700x467.jpg

Altho, this is probably our finals destination for the year.

Last edited:
At least it's during the day so we have the advantage in terms of running around in the sun. Hope to goodness it's a dry sunny day. Also daytime games at Bankwest do not suffer from the persistent dew on the grass so Haas and Fifita will not be hampered as much as if it were a night game.

I genuinely believe that come Saturday night before the dogs game, all of our young guys had seen enough injuries and suspensions in other games to make them a bit gun shy about missing their first final series so they all eased off just slightly to ensure they were around for next Sunday. If buggerlugs Boyd can find it within himself to have another 'MOM' performance we'll go a long way to winning this game.

Yeah but I doubt it would get the approval from Cameron Smith and the NRL can't have that happen.

Yep, that's the ideal one.
To get one up on Bennett and his new team in the big dance.
Nope. I’d prefer to knock them out the week before. I don’t want Souths in the GF at all.

But honestly, this whole thread is a pipe dream, Broncos might (thought it’s highly unlikely) beat Parra, but they haven’t got it in them to win all the way through. Not this year, and not with this team.

Eels are beatable, Raiders are beatable. I can definitely see a path to the semis if Melbourne beat Raiders, which I'd tip them to do. But even best case scenario, that's probably where it ends. Hard to imagine we'd be competitive against a a top 4 side coming off a week off.

Bah gawd, all the grand finals are triple threat matches.

The Broncs aren’t anywhere near to this year unless they fluke a Cows 2017 run to get smashed by whoever in the GF.

But all of it is academic, he NRL is pushing a Roosters Souths GF, the writing is on the wall now for every other team.

Active Now

• Manifesto
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.