Dare to Dream: Just what if we beat the Eels.....and made it to the GF

• Thread starter PNG Broncos fan88
  • Start date
The only hope I have for the Broncos is a bounce back from their poor display last game. They should be disgusted, putrified, horrified, villified. Use that negativity to turn things around....unleash that fury on Sunday.
"Never poke the bear while he's having sex" ~ Sun Tzu

Last edited:
The only hope I have for the Broncos is a bounce back from their poor display last game. They should be disgusted, putrified, horrified, villified. Use that negativity to turn things around....unleash that fury on Sunday.
"Never poke the bear while he's having sex" ~ Sun Tzu
I have found it to be a fairly consistent rule in life to not poke the bear anytime.

If we beat Parra I like our chances to make Week 3 as long as we play Raiders.

Then we get TPJ back against likely the Rorters.

That's 2 Teams we have a good record against, ofcourse the finals are different but it's not the worst run to the GF.

Last edited:
Nobody gave the Dragons a chance against us last season. The Broncos had just come off 40 points and the Dragons limped into the finals. We even stopped scoring so we could match up against the Dragons instead of the Panthers.

The Dragons then went on to almost boilover Souths the next week. The finals are anything but pre-determined. We are a team that can get up for very short periods. 3 weeks here, 2 weeks there. We've limped into the 8 and I reckon Seibold would be loving our position with a young team. Every single 'expert' (except Griffin has written us off) so there is nothing to lose. All they have to do is go out there and give it 100% and who knows what can happen...Get a win, gain some confidence we then face a team bashed up by a top 4 team the week before.

Unfortunately, it's not going to happen.

I highly doubt we will even make it to the second week of the finals. I get the feeling this season is very much like 2007. At the start of the season the main goal was finishing top 4 and winning the premiership but after a bad first half of the season and facing the prospect of not making the 8 the ultimate goal was just to make the finals.

Now that we have, I think we'll do the same thing that we did against Melbourne in 2007 and that is mentally checkout.

Unfortunately, it's not going to happen.

I highly doubt we will even make it to the second week of the finals. I get the feeling this season is very much like 2007. At the start of the season the main goal was finishing top 4 and winning the premiership but after a bad first half of the season and facing the prospect of not making the 8 the ultimate goal was just to make the finals.

Now that we have, I think we'll do the same thing that we did against Melbourne in 2007 and that is mentally checkout.
2007 produced the worst injury toll in Bronco history with 13 regulars not participating in the game vs Melb. Not a suitable comparison to 2019.

2007 produced the worst injury toll in Bronco history with 13 regulars not participating in the game vs Melb. Not a suitable comparison to 2019.

They still had a bad start to the season, they still barely scraped into the 8, they still mentally checked out.

Yeah, that is my fear as well, we certainly didn't show up against the dogs last week after we were basically assured of a spot.

Roosters in our bracket to the GF.
Now for Storm and Raiders to bash themselves silly to the injury wards and judiciary. We easily dispatch the loser right after we crush Parra tomorrow.

You have to feel bad for the touchy though. You just know he ain't seeing first grade ever again. Can we start a gofundme for the poor bastard?

Does anyone see this happening?
Beating a damn good Parra, an angry Melbourne, then a red hot Roosters.... then lastly probably Raiders ? Nup... if we did this it would be the best finals conquest in history

But damn it’d be good

Beating a damn good Parra, an angry Melbourne, then a red hot Roosters.... then lastly probably Raiders ? Nup... if we did this it would be the best finals conquest in history

But damn it’d be good

To be honest, just beating the Eels would already be a big upset. Beating the Storm would be a miracle, like a once in a million thing getting to the prelims.

But damn it’d be good
I've seen this happening in my dreams but I don't mix fantasy with reality and reality says that this sorry season ends tomorrow.

So where is McHunt when you need him?
When we beat Parra the morro does that mean we play Storm at Lang park?

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • Midean
  • ezpz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • BroncsNBundy
  • kiwi2
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • IceWorks
  • Alec
  • leon.bott
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.