Dare to Dream: Just what if we beat the Eels.....and made it to the GF

• Thread starter PNG Broncos fan88
  • Start date
If we make the Grand Final in some miracle, it would be different to the Cowboys in 2017, we would likely be the favourites as we would of wiped out all the strong teams along the way.

That said, We might beat Parra but no realistic scenario sees us beating Storm after a loss. plus the game is at Melbourne.

The TPJ suspension has ruined our ability for some adlib footy to spark our attack.

I hope I'm wrong though, but it would probably require some special plays by players that have done nothing all season.

Last edited:
If we make the Grand Final in some miracle, it would be different to the Cowboys in 2017, we would likely be the favourites as we would of wiped out all the strong teams along the way.

That said, We might beat Parra but no realistic scenario sees us beating Storm after a loss. plus the game is at Melbourne.

The TPJ suspension has ruined our ability for some adlib footy to spark our attack.

I hope I'm wrong though, but it would probably require some special plays by players that have done nothing all season.
Well every win that we do get wipes off a week of TPJ's suspension #Broncs2020

Well I was at a wedding without internet access so I was shocked and excited to see the Storm lose but.......fark me we are so screwed.

If by some unlikely miracle we beat the Eels, there is absolutely no chance we beat a cranky storm the next week......it would be a bloodbath.

To be honest, just beating the Eels would already be a big upset. Beating the Storm would be a miracle, like a once in a million thing getting to the prelims.

I’m just sick of getting flogged in the finals. Can’t we just exit in a tense and closely fought out, high level final?

Parra is unlikely at best
Storm are impossible
Roosters are beatable
Eagles/Rabbits/Raiders would be unlikely at best

It’s been fun but start planning for next year already.

That lose against the dogs really canceled out any hope of winning a GF. It would of been possible beating Sea Eagles, Souths, Roosters.
I have a feeling we will win today but the Storm will have something to prove next weekend and with our track record it won’t be pretty

I think I'd prefer to lose in a close game today, then get through to a drubbing by a pissed-off Storm next week. Bring on 2020.
Same , I can't think of anything worse getting beat by Melbourne and having Billy wanking over it in commentary.
I'll be happy with a solid showing today and setting up for a big 2020.

We have the ability to win today. If the boys show up and go hard. Our forward pack needs to go ballistic and really punish these guys. Go at Moses at every chance, gas him and take him out of the game.

If the team that showed up last week runs out then we are done. We can worry about next week if we win today.

We have the ability to win today. If the boys show up and go hard. Our forward pack needs to go ballistic and really punish these guys. Go at Moses at every chance, gas him and take him out of the game.

If the team that showed up last week runs out then we are done. We can worry about next week if we win today.

We will definitely not win today if our game plan remains one-out running, one-out passing from Macca to a flat footed prop, hoping for a magical offload and broken play opportunities for Darius to exploit since he can't create any of his own, and neither can Turpin so far.

Fifita and Haas must get the ball on the edges at speed with support runners.

The Eels will have done the homework on our shitty game plan and will shut down the middle, then get the ball wide to exploit our equally shitty (up to now) defence on the right side.

A lot has to be fixed for us to win today

Last edited:
I'll be happy if we make an effort to do something to fool the parra defense.
If we go in with the same one ot crap then we get what we deserve.

I'll be happy if we make an effort to do something to fool the parra defense.
If we go in with the same one ot crap then we get what we deserve.

We really just need to model our game on what the Roosters do so damn well: simple set plays, well rehearsed so that they can be well executed at serious speed. The key to their stunning recent play is speed and execution - 2 fucking basic NRL elements ANY decent coach ought to be able to instil in his team.

I just cannot believe Seibold can watch the Roosters play and ignore the success of their style. It beggars belief that he persists with our shitty one-out game plan, with the caveat that having a shitty 9, 6 and 7 really gives him little choice.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.