RUMOUR Darius Boyd and Paul White Standing Down

I doubt even Cronk, Joey or JT in their peak careers could've stopped what happened yesterday.

They sure as **** would have scored a point.
[automerge]1568603892[/automerge]
On topic, both Boyd and White should go. Unacceptable, and if some heads don't roll we know we are firmly in boys club territory.

Last edited:
He got released because he wanted to leave the basket case. It is in no way a sleight on him that he was released by the Tigers to join the Eels.

And I fucking hate Moses too (most punchable face in league).
Aye, I'm aware of how and why he left. Milford may have his downsides but he's never dogged it or worse so he could get a release to go elsewhere.

Aye, I'm aware of how and why he left. Milford may have his downsides but he's never dogged it or worse so he could get a release to go elsewhere.
I feel like the players are personally dogging it on the field at times.

White is moving on, probably to the NRL, he's not "standing down".
Well maybe he should stand down! He is ultimately responsible for overseeing all aspects of this operation/organisation and apart from being successful in a financial sense, we have achieved NOTHING for 13 years on the field. That is simply unacceptable for a 1 city team with our resources!

Nothing against Carrigan, i think he is set for a great career, hopefully at the Broncos,but its sad to think a rookie with only 19 games, most off the bench, is a good choice for next captain.

I'd rather a Glenn or Gillett have a season or 2 as captain before throwing a young/inexperienced guy (Carrigan/Lodge/Haas) the captaincy. My concern is are either of them in the best 13 run on side in 2020...

It's certainly a massive extension to the over hype the kid is having piled on him this year.

Was chased hard by the Broncos. Would be nice to have him now wouldn’t it!
Positives joe ! Where's our positives?
And a hug for those that aren't rocking back and forth in their showers.

No one is really captain material. I would have co captains Glenn/Lodge and maybe Gillo. Once they retire, Lodge will take over.
Paul White has done well for this organisation, i hope he stays in some capacity.
After his brief stint at FB, i think Milfs best position is 6.. but only if we have a chief 7 who controls and manages the game to let Milf roam and pick his moments when to attack, He hardly made any breaks at FB, i agree with some others in the forum he has lost his agility, he just steps and jinks into players. He still doesnt have a good passing game,, its very limited cause he cant pass long.. its just a floater not spiral at all. watch his highlights and games and show me a good long ball he has thrown. i can only remember one to Isaako this year.

I can only comment on what I've seen, and over the past 18 months, my faith in this administration has blown past tested and is now hovering in I'm done territory. If Paul White would be such a massive loss to the club, then why can't he start acting like it?

As for the captaincy, well that is step 1 in cleaning up this dumpster fire. Glenn has been the only one to show any real sign of leadership this year, so he is the only choice.
[automerge]1568605582[/automerge]
Was chased hard by the Broncos. Would be nice to have him now wouldn’t it!

And he didn't come. He chose fucking somewhere else over the Brisbane Broncos, just as Smith and Inglis did before him. We have completely lost our aura.

Last edited:
I don't care, age is just a number, Haas should be Captain.

I actually don't mind the Co-Captain idea of Glenn and Gillett for a couple of seasons. It buys us insurance in case either of them cannot hold down a spot in the side and it also buys us time so the dust can settle on our squad and hopefully by that stage the young guys will have put their hands up and a longer term candidate will emerge.

interesting... i like the idea of Glenn being captain for a year or two & then Carrigan.

Haas is another one, although he just seems too quiet, like Milf

Interesting to note that the name (Glenn) being thrown up that seems agreeable to most Broncos fans is actually a guy who doesn't have a playing contract here for 2020 yet.

The best two young leaders at the Broncos are Carrigan and Fifita.

Fifita has been captain in every side he's played, Keebra, Qld 16, Qld 18 and Souths Mal Meninga, didn't captain Souths ISC but he only played four games.

Carrigan was Qld U20 captain and I said in camp, Hodges had no choice, started the week with a question mark over who would do the role. Became clear by Tuesday it had to be Carrigan. He was school captain too at GT in 2015.

The best two young leaders at the Broncos are Carrigan and Fifita.

Fifita has been captain in every side he's played, Keebra, Qld 16, Qld 18 and Souths Mal Meninga, didn't captain Souths ISC but he only played four games.

Carrigan was Qld U20 captain and I said in camp, Hodges had no choice, started the week with a question mark over who would do the role. Became clear by Tuesday it had to be Carrigan. He was school captain too at GT in 2015.
Both sound like they could be excellent choices by 2022-2023. Fifita particularly could well be negotiating an extension by that point and the Captaincy could be part of that negotation.

We just need to resolve how best to handle the next couple of seasons while those young guys establish themselves first and let them grow into their roles.

The more I think about it, the more I like the Glenn/Gillett Co-Captaincy option for the next two years.
[automerge]1568607935[/automerge]
Making Gillett a captain is just repeating the same mistake we made with Boyd, only a little better.
I'd take him and Glenn and trust that at least one of those guys will still be in our best 17 by the end of 2021.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.