Darius Boyd told he won’t play round one, Jack Bird cut loose in Broncos upheaval

Having Gillo on the bench makes little sense. I’d be very surprised if that happens as soon as next season provided he sees out the whole deal

He either stays at second row or moves to lock and be a tackle bot forever. TPJ takes his spot either as the attacking guy running wide or the third prop-playing lock

The name Garry seems to be adamant on is Chad Townsend, I think that'd be a pretty handy signing to be honest, he's what we need. He might actually be a genuine captaincy option as well if you want to look at it objectively.

Townsend's numbers for this year, not the greatest, but certainly nothing to scoff at -

25 games - 6 tries, 13 try assists, 11 line-break assists, 19 forced drop outs - 85% tackle efficiency

Comparatively, the million dollar Milf -

24 games - 6 tries, 13 try assists, 8 line-break assists, 19 forced drop outs - 71% tackle efficiency

Very similar overall production, having two guys in the halves who are capable of forcing drop outs, setting up tries for others and scoring the occasional one themselves? Sign me up.

I’d be keen to sign the Chad but **** me dead it would be hard to stomach the sentence “Brisbane Broncos’ captain Chad Townsend”.

According to Chris Garry, Matt Gillett was also put on notice today, said he believes Gillett may transition in to a bench role next year.

Also, in regards to the captaincy, he said Matt Lodge is the natural leader and the one that the players would want to be captain, but he'd be a PR disaster and it's unlikely. Captaincy could go to a "big name" player we bring in from outside the club.

I struggle to believe much of what this guy is spitting out.

Lodge cannot hold onto the ball without having a brain snap, let alone captain a team.

then you're a fool .... form is completely different to whether someone is trying or not ...

No mate. It is clear as day that at times he was not giving 100%. The majority of the time he might have been trying his guts out, but there was definitely times throughout the season when he wasn't.

No mate. It is clear as day that at times he was not giving 100%. The majority of the time he might have been trying his guts out, but there was definitely times throughout the season when he wasn't.

no argument that he sucked this year in all facets of the game ... but that is completely different from not trying or not giving a shit

Cool, in the process we'll lose Fifita.

no we won't (at least not because of Boyd) ... the club have already confirmed they have the money for Fifita and whatever happens with Boyd, won't affect that offer

I actually hope Boyd gets a start and plays next year just to enjoy all the whining on here.
[automerge]1568810480[/automerge]

How was he a last minute, knee jerk signing?

Didn’t the signing of jack go along the lines of Wayne Bennett bumping into him somewhere and casually mentioning “come to the broncos”. I could be wrong

Didn’t the signing of jack go along the lines of Wayne Bennett bumping into him somewhere and casually mentioning “come to the broncos”. I could be wrong

I believe the story is he was on his way to or from a meeting with the Knights when he got the call about possibly coming to us

The name Garry seems to be adamant on is Chad Townsend, I think that'd be a pretty handy signing to be honest, he's what we need. He might actually be a genuine captaincy option as well if you want to look at it objectively.

Townsend's numbers for this year, not the greatest, but certainly nothing to scoff at -

25 games - 6 tries, 13 try assists, 11 line-break assists, 19 forced drop outs - 85% tackle efficiency

24 games - 6 tries, 13 try assists, 8 line-break assists, 19 forced drop outs - 71% tackle efficiency

Very similar overall production, having two guys in the halves who are capable of forcing drop outs, setting up tries for others and scoring the occasional one themselves? Sign me up.

Brent Read also saying we could very well go after Townsend. Might be someone to consider.
[automerge]1568837511[/automerge]
I’d be keen to sign the Chad but **** me dead it would be hard to stomach the sentence “Brisbane Broncos’ captain Chad Townsend”.

No worse than the 'Brisbane Broncos captain Darius Boyd' sentence.

Last edited:
Didn’t they extend Gillett’s deal again after he broke his neck??
Madness...

Yeh Gillett's deal actually irks me 100% more than the Boyd re-signing. At least Boyd was in some sort of form at the time. He had also not just broken his neck that same year. Whoever made the decision the sign Gillett to 4 years should be strapped to a chair and made to sit and watch a compilation of DarryB and Macca lowlights of 2019 on a constant loop.

Townsend has been horrible for sharks this year, and yes I have watched multiple sharks games. Wouldn’t sign him for over $350k... oh wait we are paying Darius $600k in that case sign him up.

scary part of this is dobbo said this morning that boyd macca and few others were told yesterday That IF they dont lift there game next season they will be out of the broncos.

to me that sounds like seiebold is still going to play them for first few rounds.... i mean **** me if thats true seibold has probably just signed the death of his nrl coachinig career

scary part of this is dobbo said this morning that boyd macca and few others were told yesterday That IF they dont lift there game next season they will be out of the broncos.

to me that sounds like seiebold is still going to play them for first few rounds.... i mean **** me if thats true seibold has probably just signed the death of his nrl coachinig career

Wait, I thought Smokin Joe was adamant there would be "significant changes" and these would "happen quickly". Also, didn't he claim earlier this year Boyd and Macca had been spoken to and their futures were 'sorted'?

Looks like the same old shit next year and the same propaganda being fed to fans, such as to us here on BHQ, by 'those in the know'. Come on Joe, cut the crap, otherwise your legacy here will be looking more and more like DarryB at the broncos.

Last edited:

Chad just won sharks player of the year so it would seem unlikely.

I don't really rate him all that much either. I don't think he's a great kicker (did he kick any 40/20's this year) and all the attack revolves around Graham on the left and Johnson on the right (prior to Johnson it was Barba and Maloney running the show).

I don't think we get enough from our fullback or hooker to carry Chad in the halves.

It really is a tough position for us to fill because we basically need a Cherry, Keary, Cronk, etc. A guy that can come in and do everything to allow our other guys to develop properly around them.

Chad is more a guy that finishes off a premiership team when all the other pieces are in place

Wait, I thought Smokin Joe was adamant there would be "significant changes" and these would "happen quickly". Also, didn't he claim earlier this year Boyd and Macca had been spoken to and their futures were 'sorted'?

Looks like the same old shit next year and the same propaganda being fed to fans, such as to us here on BHQ, by 'those in the know'. Come on Joe, cut the crap, otherwise your legacy here will be looking more and more like DarryB at the broncos.

we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater yet. remember this is dobbo and he is a jibberer. For all we know he just got his words mixed up and if you have heard him talk that happens alot.

Thats what im going with any way.... gotta stat positive i guess

Calm the **** down mate

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.