PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

Darius' explanation: "he's trying too hard." Maybe he pumps his leg muscles to the point they turn to jelly and that's why he keeps falling over at inopportune moments.

Sounds a heck of a lot better than "oops, I did it again."

He’s done but won’t go before the season is out. Rewatched his try saving attempt on Roberts a few times though - is the guy harbouring a knee injury and can’t move sideways ?

Last edited:
Put him on the right wing for rest of the season out attack never goes that way and hope his defence is ok there

He’s done but won’t go before the season is out. Rewatched his try saving attempt on Roberts a few times though - is the guy harbouring a knee injury and can’t move sideways ?
Got savaged in the player ratings this week.

Yep, the modern day FB has to be one of your key strike weapons, not just a link man. It's why, apart from no one else being realistically available, I've been shilling for Folau on here, because he would be the key man in our side in terms of try scoring threats and he'd be involved in pretty much every single play. Imagine a player like Folau in the 20 around Milf and second phase play compared to Boyd.
I’m throbbing thinking about it

I really don't think he is, he is just shot as a fullback. He just can't do it anymore. Maybe he can't see it, who knows. I more than likely think I can still do things I can't, and it would happen to a lot of people. It's down to Seibold now to do something about it.

This reminded me of Josh Papalii. When Ricky dropped him for a week last year to light the fire in him again Josh was quoted as saying ‘I thought I was playing better than I actually was’ and to his credit his performances lifted when a rocket was put up him and when he knew his spot wasn’t guaranteed just because of his standing at the club.

Maybe Darius and Seibold could learn a thing or 2 from that scenario. I can’t help but think our depth at fullback is the only reason this shit show was been allowed to go on as long as it has

I didn't say you were, just in general there seems a lot of disrespect. I don't see the need for fake tribute posts.

I agree with all your points about him, I've said so myself. And he is meeting the markers Seibold is setting at training, or at least he was last time I heard a couple of weeks ago.

I wish Seibold would make these markers public. When you miss 4 tackles as a fullback including that one disgraceful effort where he took a knee and only make 58 metres in attack and provide zero creativity during the game, I can’t help but think these so called ‘markers’ are a bit of a myth

I wish Seibold would make these markers public. When you miss 4 tackles as a fullback including that one disgraceful effort where he took a knee and only make 58 metres in attack and provide zero creativity during the game, I can’t help but think these so called ‘markers’ are a bit of a myth

They arent a myth. I'm pretty sure he has said in public they have them, and thats how he ranks his players. Its how Dearden for example jumped above SOS

After the Rooster's game I began to think that Darius was coming back into form. After the Warriors game I thought his value as captain leading the young guys on was worth overlooking his shortcomings. I wanted to really believe that we could get by with him playing the way he was. I wanted to believe his form was improving and we had seen the last of his 'slip ups' After yesterday when he simply fell over at the thought of moving latterly to cut off Roberts it has become clear that his spot is just no longer tenable.

For the first time in thirty years I simply don't believe in the Broncos team with Boyd as captain and fullback.
If you watch the video it's like he wanted to slip on purpose but because it was a sunny day and the field was dry he couldn't slip over so he gingerly took a knee so he didn't need to make a tackle, but also didn't fall too hard and hurt himself. He literally doesn't even try to change direction. Seriously, watch it again. He basically sits down on the fucking field on purpose.
[automerge]1560388302[/automerge]
I actually don't think the roberts one counts as one of the 4. He didn't touch him, therefore, not missed.

Last edited:
They arent a myth. I'm pretty sure he has said in public they have them, and thats how he ranks his players. Its how Dearden for example jumped above SOS

Well Seibold needs to put this unrest with the fans on their feelings towards Boyd to bed and stop towing the company line and actually come out and truthfully tell the fans what markers Boyd is hitting so us fans actually know what is really going on with him.

I know Seibold isn’t stupid so I can only assume behind the scenes he must be very disappointed with Boyd’s performances because I don’t think many ‘markers’ would have been met lately. He might be training the house down and be meeting the markers during testing but considering how this is the best he has ever felt physically, it is clear to everyone that it is not translating on the field. In fact he seems to be getting even worse.

Our expectations of him have dropped so low that a game where he at least runs the ball with a bit of vigour and maybe has a try assist through a backline sweep is a good game for him these days. It is not disrespectful for fans to want him gone from the club. Yes he has been great over the years and has built up plenty of credits but he has used those credits up over the last 18-24 months whilst chewing up a huge part of our cap on an important position that the club is handicapping itself with big time.

It will only take another 1-2 performances like that one before banners come out, for fans to wish injury upon him or for fans to turn on him in the stands and start to boo him. There is even a petition circulating at the moment FFS

Well Seibold needs to put this unrest with the fans on their feelings towards Boyd to bed and stop towing the company line and actually come out and truthfully tell the fans what markers Boyd is hitting so us fans actually know what is really going on with him.

I know Seibold isn’t stupid so I can only assume behind the scenes he must be very disappointed with Boyd’s performances because I don’t think many ‘markers’ would have been met lately. He might be training the house down and be meeting the markers during testing but considering how this is the best he has ever felt physically, it is clear to everyone that it is not translating on the field. In fact he seems to be getting even worse.

Our expectations of him have dropped so low that a game where he at least runs the ball with a bit of vigour and maybe has a try assist through a backline sweep is a good game for him these days. It is not disrespectful for fans to want him gone from the club. Yes he has been great over the years and has built up plenty of credits but he has used those credits up over the last 18-24 months whilst chewing up a huge part of our cap on an important position that the club is handicapping itself with big time.

It will only take another 1-2 performances like that one before banners come out, for fans to wish injury upon him or for fans to turn on him in the stands and start to boo him. There is even a petition circulating at the moment FFS

The boos have already begun. I can say first hand from those around me - in my tiny section of the stadium - that they've had a gut full. Pure frustration and disbelief even. . Broncos fans outside of this forum, of all demographics are no longer on Boyd's side

I think everyone agrees that as long as we have boyd at 1 (i dont mind the idea of him at 4 until we have better, he was competent there last year with totally shot hamstrings and he can catch a ball (which shiba cant) and quick hands if needed) and macca as 9 or 14, we will not challenge for a premiership. I fail to see why we are not addressing this issue now.

We need to decide, who is our long term 1 option and implement it asap. So we dont have another "experiment combinations year" next year. If we do not have one waiting we should be looking. Drinkwater is apparently going to the cowboys now, so that ship has sailed, the storm will keep papenhuyzen and the knights wont let ponga slip away. Im not a fan of folau joining, nor will our sponsers.

I am happy with turpin and seggy for 9 and 14 combo, until a sharp 80 min presents themself. macca should be Q cup and depth.

I am trying to follow seibolds "trust the process" but we are a long way into the process with the same issues that were identified before round 1

The boos have already begun. I can say first hand from those around me - in my tiny section of the stadium - that they've had a gut full. Pure frustration and disbelief even. . Broncos fans outside of this forum, of all demographics are no longer on Boyd's side

I’m starting to get that sense too that it seems to be a majority of fans that want him gone and not a minority anymore. That knee he took against Roberts will just magnify this 10 fold this week now. Also doesn’t help that he was insipid in attack so he couldn’t even gloss over that.

The thing is it’s not even the fact that he is being picked each week that is doing my head in now, it’s the fact there seems to be zero fucking accountability for his poor performances. He is a protected species. Like I mentioned I can only assume behind closed doors Seibold is playing this out differently.

The thing is, some of this could be avoided if Seibold would just come out and just tell it how it is and say something like Darius is clearly struggling and down in form and confidence but with our options at the moment, we need to persist with him and rally behind home and hope he finds some form. All this fucking pampering and telling him how he isn’t playing as bad as everyone is making out is just magnifying the outrage.

I refuse to listen to the ‘we have no one better’ excuse anymore. We are a professionally run organisation and are one of the biggest clubs in the competition. We have every advantage to be successful known to man. So if we have no one else, what in the **** was the club going to do in the even Boyd gets injured or suspended? Play with 12 men?

The way Boyd is playing we won’t ever have to worry about him getting injured. Hard to pull a hammy running at half speed and hard to get a contact injury when you just refuse to make contact one on one.

Last edited:
Seibold is backing him 100% imo or he would have been dropped.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.