PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

I’m starting to get that sense too that it seems to be a majority of fans that want him gone and not a minority anymore. That knee he took against Roberts will just magnify this 10 fold this week now. Also doesn’t help that he was insipid in attack so he couldn’t even gloss over that.

The thing is it’s not even the fact that he is being picked each week that is doing my head in now, it’s the fact there seems to be zero fucking accountability for his poor performances. He is a protected species. Like I mentioned I can only assume behind closed doors Seibold is playing this out differently.

The thing is, some of this could be avoided if Seibold would just come out and just tell it how it is and say something like Darius is clearly struggling and down in form and confidence but with our options at the moment, we need to persist with him and rally behind home and hope he finds some form. All this fucking pampering and telling him how he isn’t playing as bad as everyone is making out is just magnifying the outrage.

I refuse to listen to the ‘we have no one better’ excuse anymore. We are a professionally run organisation and are one of the biggest clubs in the competition. We have every advantage to be successful known to man. So if we have no one else, what in the **** was the club going to do in the even Boyd gets injured or suspended? Play with 12 men?

The way Boyd is playing we won’t ever have to worry about him getting injured. Hard to pull a hammy running at half speed and hard to get a contact injury when you just refuse to make contact one on one.

This. The fans in the members bay I'm in don't hold back either. They hit him as if he'd laced up for the other team.

There's still a pretty good chance we'll miss the 8, that should definitely cause some big changes next year.

Last edited:
There's still a pretty good chance we'll miss the 8, that should definitely cause some big changes next year.

Screw next year, do it now.
Roberts made a scapegoat for Boyd and Nikorima the spine scapegoat for Maccas shortcomings at 9.

Last edited:
The boos have already begun. I can say first hand from those around me - in my tiny section of the stadium - that they've had a gut full. Pure frustration and disbelief even. . Broncos fans outside of this forum, of all demographics are no longer on Boyd's side
Same for me. Season members and everyone within about 10-15m of me hurls abuse at him. On the odd occasion when he gets the ball and makes more than 1 metre with it, the entire section stands up and claps. It's honestly fair to say that not only has he been the Broncos worst player in majority of their games, but he has potentially been the worst player to play First grade this year, or at least the worst player to play every game this year. The Dally M goes to the best player, way things are going we will soon have a 'Darry B' that goes to the worst.

This is a petition to request that Darius Boyd step down from the Brisbane Broncos. It is not a personal attack, rather it is a request from all Brisbane Broncos fans that he put the team first.
He simply is no longer able to play at the standard required in the NRL, at the standard required as a fullback, and at the standard required as a captain.
We have exciting new players coming through, have talent outside the club looking for a team, and have the opportunity to clear room in our salary cap.
Darius Boyd has done a tremendous job for Brisbane, Queensland and Australia over the years but it is time to step down.
The signatures that appear on the petition are a sign that fans no longer have confidence in Boyd's ability or mindset.
It is up to the Broncos and Boyd to come to a decision however again the signatures on this petition make it clear that we want a path to a successful future and believe that having Boyd in the team is destroying that future.
Darius- do the right thing for the fans, the team and the club and stand down.

What happened to the other similar petition done in April?

This. The fans in the members bay I'm in don't hold back either. They hit him as if he'd laced up for the other team.
Some old sod the other day said to me "i'm a glass half empty guy" after i was disgusted by boyds lacklustre play. Couple minutes later the Tyrone Roberts try happens and i reply back to him "when it comes to Boyd, my glass is fucking empty".

Seibold is backing him 100% imo or he would have been dropped.
Imagine the disruption that would cause if he were to sack his captain. That would be a big call for a coach who has been around for five minutes. He wouldn't be backing him 100% and knows full well that Boyd is struggling terribly but the last thing this side needs right now with it's growing injury toll and slowly sinking season is the controversy that would erupt if Darbs were to be dropped. That will have to be sorted out in the off-season.

Seibold is backing him 100% imo or he would have been dropped.

Well Seibold can cop the same amount of heat for not putting any accountability on Darius’ position.

I would like to know how much patience Seibold has because these worrying signs we have seen in Boyd have been evident since 2018. The difference now is he has no injury excuse to hide behind anymore.

I understand there are still a few people that want to back him and persist but when is enough enough?

I have tried so hard to just bite my tongue, remain upbeat in hope that I see something to get positive about him still leading us at fullback after persisting with his form for so this long, but every time I think maybe we might have seems a slight turning point, Darius’s shortcomings come to the fore again the following week in droves. It’s not getting any better.

For you guys still sticking by him, tell us fans who have lost patience what signs are you seeing in him that makes you think this will turn around? Bear in mind these type of performances have been going on for 18 months now and age is against him. Also bear in mind he is supposedly injury free and the testing the best he has ever tested in his career. He also has had a different coach for the first time in his career so we can’t even blame Wayne for Darius not evolving his game.

Imagine the disruption that would cause if he were to sack his captain. That would be a big call for a coach who has been around for five minutes. He wouldn't be backing him 100% and knows full well that Boyd is struggling terribly but the last thing this side needs right now with it's growing injury toll and slowly sinking season is the controversy that would erupt if Darbs were to be dropped. That will have to be sorted out in the off-season.
Disagree. After his failed attempt on roberts I saw macca and milford and a few other players just sigh and mouth wtf. They are sick of it and I don't think he has the trust or respect of many of the playing group. And Can you blame them for not trusting or respecting him? I can't.

I'd love to see an anonymous poll for the broncos players with like on a scale of 1-10 How much do you
1. Rate his Current Performance
2. Rate his leadership qualities
3. Trust his team commitment.

surely the results would be quite damning

This is the only reason I will believe that things have played out the way it has. So all Seibold needs to do is stop bullshitting and cut the Darius is playing well crap. People are not fucking stupid and this sort of shit is what is igniting the outrage.

If he wants to back him and hope he comes good because we don’t have the options available that’s fine. But do not take the fans as fools and say that he is playing well and throwing out crap quotes when it is clear to all and sundry that he is not.

Last edited:
They should call Roberts Daenerys the way Boyd bent the knee.

Last edited:
Well Seibold can cop the same amount of heat for not putting any accountability on Darius’ position.

I would like to know how much patience Seibold has because these worrying signs we have seen in Boyd have been evident since 2018. The difference now is he has no injury excuse to hide behind anymore.

I understand there are still a few people that want to back him and persist but when is enough enough?

I have tried so hard to just bite my tongue, remain upbeat in hope that I see something to get positive about him still leading us at fullback after persisting with his form for so this long, but every time I think maybe we might have seems a slight turning point, Darius’s shortcomings come to the fore again the following week in droves. It’s not getting any better.

For you guys still sticking by him, tell us fans who have lost patience what signs are you seeing in him that makes you think this will turn around? Bear in mind these type of performances have been going on for 18 months now and age is against him. Also bear in mind he is supposedly injury free and the testing the best he has ever tested in his career. He also has had a different coach for the first time in his career so we can’t even blame Wayne for Darius not evolving his game.

Who is sticking by him? I don't think anyone is saying his form is good enough.

I'd also say it's fair to say he is injury free. He can be playing without injury, but it's clear that other injuries have taken their toll on his ability get around the field. He doesn't have the ability and movement he once had.

I've never seen this forum so unanimous about something. I'd pay $1000 bucks to know what Siebold REALLY thinks about this situation.

This isn't just irrate facebook fans suggesting ill-informed team and positinal changes, this is the collective Broncos fanbase saying "BOYD IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE OUR FULLBACK"

#byebyeboyd #bootboyd

Last edited:
This is the only reason I will believe that things have played out the way it has. So all Seibold needs to do is stop bullshitting and cut the Darius is playing well crap. People are not fucking stupid and this sort of shit is what is igniting the outrage.

If he wants to back him and hope he comes good because we don’t have the options available that’s fine. But do not take the fans as fools and say that he is playing well and throwing out crap quotes when it is clear to all and sundry that he is not.
You got to cut Seibs some slack here though. I'm no fan of his but he is still feeling his way into his new role. He has already axed his half back and strike centre and reduced his #1 hooker to a bench role. It has already been a trying experience for him and the last thing he needs is the stress involved with firing your captain who has had a decorated career. You take his quotes for what they are. Just a way keeping harmony in the camp and keeping the media at bay for a day or two.

You got to cut Seibs some slack here though. I'm no fan of his but he is still feeling his way into his new role. He has already axed his half back and strike centre and reduced his #1 hooker to a bench role. It has already been a trying experience for him and the last thing he needs is the stress involved with firing your captain who has had a decorated career. You take his quotes for what they are. Just a way keeping harmony in the camp and keeping the media at bay for a day or two.
What stress though? The entire public and media have been calling for it for months. If he does it, he won't face a backlash. Do you honestly think anyone else would do a worse job than Boyd? I don't. I genuinely don't know how someone could offer less than he does. Statistically he is the worst fullback in the comp. Not in the top 20. So get him the **** out.

What stress though? The entire public and media have been calling for it for months. If he does it, he won't face a backlash. Do you honestly think anyone else would do a worse job than Boyd? I don't. I genuinely don't know how someone could offer less than he does. Statistically he is the worst fullback in the comp. Not in the top 20. So get him the **** out.
I'm not disputing his form, it has been horrid. But put yourself in Seib's shoes, sacking your skipper is easier said than done. He is basically a rookie coach trying to keep his head above water. It's not like he has a ready made replacement to take over at FB. I think he sees 2019 as already gone and he will sort things out in the summer with an onus on 2020 being a lot more successful. We are all "social media coaches" despite none of us having a fucking clue the many elements and layers that the role involves.

Make no mistake, the media will have a field day maufacturing all sorts of outrage. I'd still do it though.

I'm not disputing his form, it has been horrid. But put yourself in Seib's shoes, sacking your skipper is easier said than done. He is basically a rookie coach trying to keep his head above water. It's not like he has a ready made replacement to take over at FB. I think he sees 2019 as already gone and he will sort things out in the summer with an onus on 2020 being a lot more successful. We are all "social media coaches" despite none of us having a fucking clue the many elements and layers that the role involves.
I just don't see any risk associated with dropping Boyd. Literally no one wants him there. More often than not, we would be better off with 12 men if it meant boyd not being on the field.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • bb_gun
  • Spoon
  • sooticus
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.