PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

I'm not disputing his form, it has been horrid. But put yourself in Seib's shoes, sacking your skipper is easier said than done. He is basically a rookie coach trying to keep his head above water. It's not like he has a ready made replacement to take over at FB. I think he sees 2019 as already gone and he will sort things out in the summer with an onus on 2020 being a lot more successful. We are all "social media coaches" despite none of us having a fucking clue the many elements and layers that the role involves.
Agreed that it is a tough call for seibs to drop him completely, and it could have an affect on the playing group (but so is seeing you captain bend the knee in defeat). But i am not sure what is preventing him fronm moving boyd to the centres, where he was ok in the past and would be less of a liability there. Hodges captained from the centres.

If the opinion is 2019 is already done, all the more reason we should put someone we consider to be our long term fullback in that position. At least that way they will have more experience in the number 1 for 2020.

Make no mistake, the media will have a field day maufacturing all sorts of outrage. I'd still do it though.

How long until they start calling for him to be dropped though?

I just don't see any risk associated with dropping Boyd. Literally no one wants him there. More often than not, we would be better off with 12 men if it meant boyd not being on the field.

I get what Accept is saying. We as fans might not want him there, but what is to say the players won't be extremely unhappy if their captain is dropped.

I get what Accept is saying. We as fans might not want him there, but what is to say the players won't be extremely unhappy if their captain is dropped.
Have you seen the way the players look at him and interact with him at the game? He honestly appears very unpopular with the core of the playing group. If they were to take captaincy of him, and give it to someone who is extremely popular in the playing group (someone like Glenn, maybe Gillett) then i don't think it would be an issue.

How long until they start calling for him to be dropped though?
Soon. Would you really put it past them to lead the calls for his sacking then manufacture the outrage when it happens?

We really have an issue here, sure we can get rid of Boyd or put him in a different position(which we need to do), but our other Options are not that good, I wouldn't trust Milford defensively in the Full back position and Issako has no Attacking options that I have seen, I think Issako is still worth a shot, Boyd is costing us massively and his lack of effort will eat this sides mentality like a cancer if not addressed.

I think we need to replace him with a Gun full back from another team, we have alot of youth already in our side and with the left over money from removing Nikorima, Roberts and Hopefully Macca we should spend on a bit if experience, too many young Faces in a team even with alot of Talent Historically hasn't done well in the NRL.

Probably someone in their Mid 20s with alot of games under their belt might work.

Last edited:
Since Boyd became Captain we have lacked leadership.

Now that the team is fielding young and/or inexperienced players you need a captain to lead the way in attitude and performance. This is not occurring.

I’ve been on this forum since 06 and have never seen a near unanimous opinion of a player.

Surely the coach can see it, if he can’t then we are stuffed for the next few years

Soon. Would you really put it past them to lead the calls for his sacking then manufacture the outrage when it happens?

It's exactly what I would expect to happen.

Have you seen the way the players look at him and interact with him at the game? He honestly appears very unpopular with the core of the playing group.

Yeah, that's rubbish. He's very popular within the playing group. They showed that in Round 9.

Not really sure what you're seeing but I think you're seeing things. He's not popular with the fans but when it comes to at the club, it's a different story.

Yeah, that's rubbish. He's very popular within the playing group. They showed that in Round 9.
Yeah, but to be fair. Of course you're going to get excited when someone who's done literally nothing for a year and a half scores a try. I was also jumping up with joy. Doesn't mean I like him.

Surely the coach can see it, if he can’t then we are stuffed for the next few years

He probably can but at the moment our alternative is Isaako who is stinking it up bad.

I can't see a change unless the Broncos can somehow snag Folau.

He probably can but at the moment our alternative is Isaako who is stinking it up bad.

I can't see a change unless the Broncos can somehow snag Folau.
We have the money probably to at least try to get Falou worth the risk at this point as we have no real options.

Yeah, but to be fair. Of course you're going to get excited when someone who's done literally nothing for a year and a half scores a try. I was also jumping up with joy. Doesn't mean I like him.

Players getting frustrated on the field doesn't mean anything. Look at the amount of blokes who have smashed each others faces in, only to go and have a beer the next day.

We have the money probably to at least try to get Falou worth the risk at this point as we have no real options.
Folau has been blocked from the NRL. Forget about him.

Folau has been blocked from the NRL. Forget about him.
Not looking good for us, the only other option that has opened up recently would be Mbye but I'm not convinced on him, he did play good for the Dogs last year as a 1 but has looked a Shadow of that at the Tigers.

We could make Tigers pay half his contract though I reckon if it did happen, they look desperate to offload.

Last edited:
Not looking good for us, the only other option that has opened up recently would be Mbye but I'm not convinced on him, he did play good for the Dogs last year as a 1 but has looked a Shadow of that at the Tigers.

giphy.gif

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.