PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

I don't think people are saying you can't drop him because he's a club legend... the reasoning behind not being able drop him is that a new coach walked into the club where he is the club captain.

On the back of a poorly handled ousting of the previous coach it could be expected he doesn't come in and dump the existing captain as well... especially given he doesn't know any of the existing politics in the club.

However Darius' form is so bad now that he has used up his politial capital and realistically he should be given the tap on the shoulder to move on himself or he will be pushed.

The funny thing is it’s majority of the media both sides of the border that have been reporting that we are trying to force club legend Darius out of the Door led by none other than yours truly Gorden Tallis

Maybe if we drop him to Q Cup for several weeks daddy wayne will come knocking and "poach" him from us.

I feel mean saying that, but the truth is given the media attention, fan responses, this cant be great for his headspace/mental health. Perhaps some time away from the pressure of first grade could be a good thing?

Maybe if we drop him to Q Cup for several weeks daddy wayne will come knocking and "poach" him from us.

I feel mean saying that, but the truth is given the media attention, fan responses, this cant be great for his headspace/mental health. Perhaps some time away from the pressure of first grade could be a good thing?
I think he needs the old having time off to consider his future... whether Boyd knows it or not

I wonder if Bennett has had an honest chat with him or has he just blown smoke up his ass. Would not surprise me if he has to hear it from him for it to be real.

I wonder if Bennett has had an honest chat with him or has he just blown smoke up his ass. Would not surprise me if he has to hear it from him for it to be real.
Bennett will not be doing us any favours by having that chat with Boyd. More likely he would be ringing Haas and Fifita.

Broncos: 'Hey other clubs, we'v got this 300-game player who has played 20+ origins and tests, never lost a test in fact and won a Clive Churchill Medal. We, I mean he, would like to (move him) on. He is also a (puts inverted comma fingers up) 'proven' captain who leads by (poor) example'

Other Clubs: 'Serious????? Who is it, we'll take the player in a heartbeat.'

Broncos: *Coughs to try and mask the name*

Other Clubs: Did you say Boyd???

Broncos: (Quickly interjecting) Well how about a (puts fingers up again) 'gun' hooker?

Other Clubs: Turpin???? Segs?

Broncos: (Long Pause) Not one of those two...

*sudden masked silence with muffled raucous laughter sporadically heard amidst what sounds like hands over speakers*

Broncos: He...Hello?

*Disconnected Beeps*

Broncos: 'Hey other clubs, we'v got this 300-game player who has played 20+ origins and tests, never lost a test in fact and won a Clive Churchill Medal. We, I mean he, would like to (move him) on. He is also a (puts inverted comma fingers up) 'proven' captain who leads by (poor) example'

Other Clubs: 'Serious????? Who is it, we'll take the player in a heartbeat.'

Broncos: *Coughs to try and mask the name*

Other Clubs: Did you say Boyd???

Broncos: (Quickly interjecting) Well how about a (puts fingers up again) 'gun' hooker?

Other Clubs: Turpin???? Segs?

Broncos: (Long Pause) Not one of those two...

*sudden masked silence with muffled raucous laughter sporadically heard amidst what sounds like hands over speakers*

Broncos: He...Hello?

*Disconnected Beeps*

Are you saying Boo or Boo-oyd?

One thing that has occurred to me in all of this sentimental bullshit and how we can’t just toss him to the scrap heap despite constant poor performances because he is a club legend, yadda yadda yadda, is he really a club legend?

He won one comp in his debut year with little influence on the wing. He then had 2 more years on the wing for us and despite doing a job wasn’t playing a pivotal role in those teams before he followed Wayne to St George first and then Newcastle totaling 6 years away from the club.

By the time he came back in 2015, he had spent two thirds of his career interstate. And despite having his best year with us in 2015 and a half decent following season. He has been diabolical since and is having a detrimental effect on the club in this point in time.
He is also the worst and most uninspiring full time captain the club has ever selected. He also had only played under one club coach all his career and never got to learn under a different regime.

So forgive me if I don’t share the same sentiment as some are showing on these parts, but I hardly consider playing 3 early career seasons, playing outstanding footy for 2 other interstate teams for 6 years, only coming back because he followed Wayne before he played 2 decent years within no title before stinking it up for 2.5 years hardly deserving of club legend status.

Dane Carlaw is more of a club legend FFS!!!

Great post. I hadn't looked at it from that perspective but you are bang on.

This will be Boyd's last game in first grade

Forgive me if this has already been posted but what I don’t get is this...
Bennett has a practice of talking some of his loyal followers into retiring when at the top of their game. “Better to go a year too early then a year too late”. Alfie, Locky, Hodgy Parker and just recently GI among those he mentored.
But DB, arguably his greatest follower, he extended past “a year too late”.
Maybe it’s time for him himself to follow his own practice.

This will be Boyd's last game in first grade
If it's not - I'm holding you personally responsible and will expect some sort of redemption payout like 10 % of your salary for the next ten years and a free pick up and drop off service to every home game for the next five years.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.