NEWS Darius Boyd turns Broncos vegan in bid for premiership glory

Bruhh. His issue isn’t what he eats. He’s just way over the hill.
He has actively tried to turn others in the squad vegan. If you thought we were weak before watch what we would become with a team full of vegans.

League is a stupidly physical sport and requires rapid regeneration between weeks, this might be enough for Darbs to tear both hammys and quads after a few rounds. There is merit in a complete plant based diet for certain atheltes. I am stupidly skeptical and science proves that by cutting out meats, we are cutting out the fats our brain fuels off for hormones and regeneration.

So vegan whoppers all round then... does the squad have HJ cards instead of maccas now
🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:
League is a stupidly physical sport and requires rapid regeneration between weeks, this might be enough for Darbs to tear both hammys and quads after a few rounds. There is merit in a complete plant based diet for certain atheltes. I am stupidly skeptical and science proves that by cutting out meats, we are cutting out the fats our brain fuels off for hormones and regeneration.

Yeah, to be honest, it sounds like a bunch of shit. You need a good balance, I'd imagine the vegan athletes need a lot of supplementation to try to reach that balance.

Has there been any peer-reviewed research on vegan diets helping athletes?

Last edited:
Yeah, to be honest, it sounds like a bunch of shit. You need a good balance, I'd imagine the vegan athletes need a lot of supplementation to try to reach that balance.

Has there been any peer-reviewed research on vegan diets helping athletes?

Yes there's a fair few - unfortunately a lot are influenced by odd controls or paid for science journalism. A lot of athletes will sell out big time on things, but they are also trying to make an income in life after a sport. One of my scientists just completed a study for his Dr's and the results aren't that great for the vegans.

There are a ton of buff vegans. There are also other ways to get protein in their diet.
giphy.gif

There is such thing as plant based protein though.
Yeah, I'm not worried about it particularly with Boyd. Let's face it, if it gives any kind of boost, its all to the good.
As for Oates, if it gives him more focus in games by dieting right (and being vegan definitely requires discipline), it's a positive.
In the end, these are professional athletes coached and mentored by people expert in a lot of things: nutrition among them.
I'm sure they know what they can eat and how much of it they need for balance.
If Milford also made some similar step i'd be even more optimistic.

Just when you think offseason headlines couldn’t get any worse.......lol smh.
Side note: was at sushi train the other day. Guy beside me smashed through about 15 plates in the time it took me to eat my 3, I was like woah dude really likes sushi....looked at him as I was leaving and it was TPJ 😂 he was still going. Dude is a machine.

Big athletes man. A guy I went to high school with was an elite rower. Trained before and after school. He's the only kid I'd ever met that took 2 lunch boxes to school haha. One of them was just boiled potatoes. I went to subway with him one time and he knocked off 2 foot longs and got a couple of cookies on the way out. Machine.

Big athletes man. A guy I went to high school with was an elite rower. Trained before and after school. He's the only kid I'd ever met that took 2 lunch boxes to school haha. One of them was just boiled potatoes. I went to subway with him one time and he knocked off 2 foot longs and got a couple of cookies on the way out. Machine.
UnfoldedSpitefulGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

How many elite powerlifters or strongmen are on vegan diets? I’d say zero. The dude from the doc who claims to be the strongest man wouldn’t qualify for worlds strongest man competition let alone win it.

Last edited:
It's underrated just how much going vegan ruins athletes.

It's the same deal as Peter Siddle, he went vegan, was really good immediately after going vegan, turned to shit after a couple of years, bowling speeds dropped considerably.

Just when you think offseason headlines couldn’t get any worse.......lol smh.
Side note: was at sushi train the other day. Guy beside me smashed through about 15 plates in the time it took me to eat my 3, I was like woah dude really likes sushi....looked at him as I was leaving and it was TPJ [emoji23] he was still going. Dude is a machine.

Did he leave all the rice? He had a insta story once where he had some Chinese food. Ate everything but the rice

I watched a Rogan podcast with a bloke on a carnivorous diet and I’m legit going to try it.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.