Darius Boyd, where art thou?

FTR, I think Slater is a grub in defense, and his leading with his foot is NOT ok, neither is leading with the feet on ground.

That said, the argument that any player getting hit steaming in, would be making a legal tackle, is absolute bullshit, because there is no way Slater is back on the ground before being hit, which would make the tackle not only illegal, but very dangerous.

On the other hand, if it's Slater hitting a player, because he jumped forward with his foot up, send him fucking off. (yeah, won't happen)

I would lead with my knee for sure though, and if anyone came close enough to make an acquaintance with it... tough luck, better you than me!
KF
Welcome to the kung fu fullback protection society Porth

I wouldn't worry. Lockyer's final contract with us wasn't even sort until well into the pre-season

Is probably holding off to see what's left in the kitty, wouldn't surprise me if he took unders to sign some needed acquisitions.

Has anyone got any information on why we haven't resigned Boyd our current captain and so called leader of the team?

He is probably just sorting his off-field dramas out first with his Grandmother and that.

We have had all year to resign him, it's just a bit confusing why we still haven't.

More time to sort out third party deals. I'd say as captain of the Broncos, a significant portion of his salary will come through third party sponsorships.

You wouldnt see him doing this these days hes to busy jogging back to the defence even though he took an intercept but in general in attack you wouldn't see him running that fast or even trying to hes lost his speed from injuries.

You wouldnt see him doing this these days hes to busy jogging back to the defence even though he took an intercept but in general in attack you wouldn't see him running that fast or even trying to hes lost his speed from injuries.

Pretty sure in Origin 1 they were tracking each players' speed and distance covered. Boyd had hit the top speed of all of the players on the field.

But yeah, Boyd doesn't run, like, ever and stuff.

Pretty sure in Origin 1 they were tracking each players' speed and distance covered. Boyd had hit the top speed of all of the players on the field.

But yeah, Boyd doesn't run, like, ever and stuff.

Really? Because his very slow when I always watch him. No need to be a smart arse in your comment either I was only stating what I think.

Last edited:
Really? Because his very slow when I always watch him. No need to be a smart arse in your comment either I was only stating what I think.

That wasn't aimed solely at you, the "jogging to the defence" is one of those things that starts as a joke but ends up becoming the truth in people's eyes just because it is repeated so often. To the point where here we have someone posting a video of Boyd running from back in 2008 like he hasn't ever run at full pace since.

That wasn't aimed solely at you, the "jogging to the defence" is one of those things that starts as a joke but ends up becoming the truth in people's eyes just because it is repeated so often. To the point where here we have someone posting a video of Boyd running from back in 2008 like he hasn't ever run at full pace since.

I was watching videos of our games because I was bored and that game came up and I thought I’d chuck it in here not to be criticised of positing it. Some ppl on here have nothing better to do then have a go at ppl. So it was 2008 I used to love watching him/still do I just think he’s lost lots of speed from injuries and age.

I was watching videos of our games because I was bored and that game came up and I thought I’d chuck it in here not to be criticised of positing it. Some ppl on here have nothing better to do then have a go at ppl. So it was 2008 I used to love watching him/still do I just think he’s lost lots of speed from injuries and age.

I do have better things to do but it's Friday and I feel like arguing.

That's because the MAJORITY of times he does seem to come back at what very much looks like half his pace. There is more than a grain of truth in this one. Fair enough he's not 20 and suicidal bringing ball back K Hunt style but he sometimes looks like he is just taking the piss and more worried about avoiding a hit or injury then making meters for the team. Plus the limp submission and the worthless offloads to wingers in same or worse position as him (in Oate's case the guy you need to make the next hit up to get team moving forward). Hope he doesn't get injured if he plays next year because he might be allowed to start walking it back after a stop at the drinks station...

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • theshed
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • kman
  • eggstar10
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Xzei
  • Strop
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.