NEWS Darren Lockyer: Brisbane Broncos premiership hopes rest on Darius Boyd’s mojo

What's with Locky writing an article in CM about the "Broncos hopes rest on Boyd"? Are you serious Locky? I know you're lenient and bias towards your mate, Boyd but it has to stop. He has become untouchable purely based on instructions from VERY few people like you. It (your loyalty and backing) alone, has got Boyd this far and he's literally screwing up the club.
If he's hanging around the club for next 2 seasons, believe me, he will greatly impact NEGATIVELY on the development, morale, attitude, leadership and every fuckin quality that the team should learn.

I still treat you as GOD Locky and I so wish you play forever for Broncos with no age factor. Please STOP writing this kind of articles about Boyd. He has become a laughing stock and has over stayed in this team for nearly 2 years. The worst part of it to yet to come is - he still have 2 more years. That's the worst nightmare and agony of Broncos loyals.

As a director of the club, please take the lead in convincing Boyd retire in the off-season and do us all a huge favor.
Are you serious Locky? "Broncos hopes rest on Boyd"? Really??? I know you're lenient and bias towards your mate, Boyd but it has to stop. He has become untouchable purely based on instructions from VERY few people like you. It (your loyalty and backing) alone, has got Boyd this far and he's literally screwing up the club.

If he's hanging around the club for next 2 seasons, believe me, he will greatly impact NEGATIVELY on the development, morale, attitude, leadership and every fuckin quality that the team should learn.

I still treat you as GOD Locky and I so wish you play forever for Broncos with no age factor. Please STOP writing this kind of articles about Boyd. He has become a laughing stock and has over stayed in this team for nearly 2 years. The worst part to yet to come is - he still have 2 more years. That's the worst nightmare and agony of Broncos loyals.

As a director of the club, please take the lead in convincing Boyd retire in the off-season and do us all a huge favor. You're a genius for mine forever and please do us all the needful. Not these silly articles please.
I think it's fair to say you made your point the first time.

Yeah, I posted in a different thread when this wasn't created. I wanted to delete there after posting here but couldn't do so mate. Chill :astronaut:

Unfortunately Boyd doesn’t get treated like any other players because he has a mental illness .

I think every one (media, staff) pussyfoots around his playing issues cause they don’t want to be responsible for a relapse ...... except on here!!

If delusions of grandeur is a mental issue then yeh he is still suffering.

Lockyer has lost the plot since joining the channel 9 commentary team

No, it is not. It's not 'one of a kind or type'.
Well @Huge its actually is, both in context, and perspective. Specifically because Lockyer is a board member and apart of the recruitment team. Its either a cold shot across the bow or completely blind support. I don't know how intellectually intelligent Lockyer is, but if its a shot across the bow its brilliant writing with a subliminal message, if not - pretty sure there will be pitch forks being sharpened.

Locky has simply issued a challenge to Boyd......

Locky has simply issued a challenge to Boyd......

Can't he do it in person considering he is a director on the board? Does anybody else feel uncomfortable having a board director commenting on the Broncos on air and writing about them in the papers the way he does?

Slater and Gould commenting during the Broncs-Storm game.

BS: Milford has got his positioning wrong a couple of times in the first half, he should look at aerial footage on how he can anticipate the kicks better.
PG: Why does he need this footage? He has a 300 game fullback playing alongside him at 5/8, he just needs to ask Daiurs how its done. All the nous and experience he needs, is just beside him out there.
BS:...……(prolonged silence)………...

Last edited:
Anybody having a go at Locky are terrible at reading between the lines.

All in management positions know that to diplomatically criticise someone you begin with the positives, as few as they may be - his effort in defence.

Then you gently present the performance issue - 2 runs for 7m in 160 mins of footy compared to Milf who used to average over 100m per game ffs. The broncos left side attack being “easy pickings”

Then you suggest a solution - play more direct, use your big frame, try to show any of the many qualities your far less experienced and also out of position halves partner Turpin is showing ffs!

Broncos premiership hopes rest on Boyd finding his mojo. I.e. the broncos can’t win the comp with how fucking useless Boyd’s current attacking efforts are at 5/8th.

Anybody having a go at Locky are terrible at reading between the lines.

All in management positions know that to diplomatically criticise someone you begin with the positives, as few as they may be - his effort in defence.

Then you gently present the performance issue - 2 runs for 7m in 160 mins of footy compared to Milf who used to average over 100m per game ffs. The broncos left side attack being “easy pickings”

Then you suggest a solution - play more direct, use your big frame, try to show any of the many qualities your far less experienced and also out of position halves partner Turpin is showing ffs!

Broncos premiership hopes rest on Boyd finding his mojo. I.e. the broncos can’t win the comp with how fucking useless Boyd’s current attacking efforts are at 5/8th.

Yep this is textbook managing 101.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.