Darren Lockyer from 1996 book

B

broncoangel

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Thought with the news today I'd have a look through my old broncos stuff and found this! A very interesting read. From the 1996 book 'Bronco Country'.

If only we knew then what we know now! The last paragraph (in the last picture) is a must read. Sorry about poor quality - scanner isn't working so I had to use my camera :)

Picture006.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

*may have to click view image as the page cut off the photo

Enjoy!

Awesome read, I love those last few lines. 'Maybe captain Australia. Maybe.

Little did he know he's go onto become the most capped Australian captain and player.

Thanks, what a good read. What gets me is how together and mature he was at 19 :shock:

Mad read icon_thumbs_u

Thanks for putting that up BA.

Honestly, reading that and reflecting on what happened in the following 15 years, it's just remarkable really. I don't think there's much you can say. Locky is the epitome of a champion, and he showed it from that very first year.

Some people try to bring up his slip ups - the poor taste joke back in 2004, the Casablancas incident, his ARL Test debut - but seriously, all that proves is that he's human. And thank god. Because he seems superhuman in just about everything else he's done and achieved in life.

People scoff when someone mentions footballer and role model in the same sentence, but **** me, if there's a better role model for a young bloke than Darren Lockyer, I haven't seen them. His son is very lucky to grow up with him as a dad.

What annoys me about the complaints regarding those incidents is that the joke was hilarious and he gave the manager of Casablancas a cuddle. To me it just shows he is a compassionate bloke with a good sense of humor icon_thumbs_u

Am I being too biased yet? [icon_razz1

Scotty said:
What annoys me about the complaints regarding those incidents is that the joke was hilarious and he gave the manager of Casablancas a cuddle. To me it just shows he is a compassionate bloke with a good sense of humor icon_thumbs_u

Am I being too biased yet? [icon_razz1

Yes! [icon_lol1. But you're allowed icon_thumbs_u

Scotty said:
What annoys me about the complaints regarding those incidents is that the joke was hilarious

I don't see what the problem was with it anyway. I mean if the NRL had an issue with jokes, they wouldn't have let South Sydney back in the game.

OXY-351 said:
Scotty said:
What annoys me about the complaints regarding those incidents is that the joke was hilarious

I don't see what the problem was with it anyway. I mean if the NRL had an issue with jokes, they wouldn't have let South Sydney back in the game.
[eusa_clap.gi [icon_evillaugh

The Rock said:
[quote="OXY-351":3c6fsgd4]
Scotty said:

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Call of the year![/quote:3c6fsgd4]
Seriously OXY has to be the funniest guy on this forum by far.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

OXY-351 said:
Scotty said:

I love your work sir.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • bazza
  • Charlesstor
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • Battler
  • RodF
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.