NEWS Darren Lockyer hoping battered Matt Gillett will play on despite retirement rumours

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Darren Lockyer hoping battered Matt Gillett
will play on despite retirement rumours

Chris Honnery,
The Courier-Mail
October 30, 2019 11:56am

Last edited by a moderator:
636254639108960618907662082 une friends

The Broncos legend said it was the biggest sponsorship deal in the club’s history. “It’s the biggest in the club’s history,” Lockyer said.

Honestly, who the hell writes this shit?

It's like something out of George of the Jungle.

What exactly is 'Darren Everywhere' responsible for? The Broncs from a footy perspective seen to have a lot of cooks involved but no master of the kitchen.

I'd like to read in to the fact that Oates has re-signed and rumours of Gillett retiring are getting louder.

I hope our edge backrowers are Oates and Fifita

I'd like to read in to the fact that Oates has re-signed and rumours of Gillett retiring are getting louder.

I hope our edge backrowers are Oates and Fifita

It is possible but I think it is probably more likely that Glenn becomes captain and stays in the second row or moves to lock and TPJ partners Fifita in the second-row.

Oates could potentially be moved to the bench over the next year or three.

Post-Glenn and Gillett, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Oates move to the bench and duke it out with Bullemor, etc once/if Farnworth, Niu, Walsh and Coates come on board.

The Broncos legend said it was the biggest sponsorship deal in the club’s history. “It’s the biggest in the club’s history,” Lockyer said.

Honestly, who the hell writes this shit?

It's like Dateline interviews.

Interviewer: "So it was the worst day in your life"
Interviewee: "It was the worst day in my life"

It is possible but I think it is probably more likely that Glenn becomes captain and stays in the second row or moves to lock and TPJ partners Fifita in the second-row.

Oates could potentially be moved to the bench over the next year or three.

Post-Glenn and Gillett, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Oates move to the bench and duke it out with Bullemor, etc once/if Farnworth, Niu, Walsh and Coates come on board.

I think Glenn's best position for us could be just as bench utility #14.

He can fill in at centre, backrow, hooker.. He's our Aubusson. The ideal NRL utility IMO.

Yes, we need leadership, but the "young" guys like Oates are no longer really that "young" anymore

He can fill in at centre, backrow, hooker.. He's our Aubusson. The ideal NRL utility IMO.

Yes, we need leadership, but the "young" guys like Oates are no longer really that "young" anymore

I don't disagree BUT that said, he is the ONLY legit option for captain, therefore he needs to start.

What exactly is 'Darren Everywhere' responsible for? The Broncs from a footy perspective seen to have a lot of cooks involved but no master of the kitchen.
They just put his face to the announcement to gain more traction and attention for the sponsor
[automerge]1572406274[/automerge]

He can still do that if he starts in the second row like Aubusson does

Last edited:
If Gillett retires, I definitely like having Fifita right edge, Glenn left edge to start for 25, then he can either move in to the middle for a bit as a lock/taking some dummy half work, or come off for TPJ

I don't disagree BUT that said, he is the ONLY legit option for captain, therefore he needs to start.
Yeah, he needs to be in the starting 13 at least. He could remain in second row but if seibs is looking to have 2 big damaging edge forwards in fifita and TPJ, i think glenn would make a fine lock (in the same make of radley and murray). Although he gives up a little size, he is still a solid defender, good fitness, good leg speed and quick play the ball.

We could really build up some momentum and get the opposition on the backfoot if we had, lodge, hass, glenn hit ups with quick play the balls and then sending it wide to a hard running second rower or wider.

With turpin, dearden (or croft) steering that ship around and finishing with a good kick chase, we could really dominate field position and just grind away at the opposition.

“He has no legs and arms left but we hope he plays on. We would also like to offer him a new 3 year contract” - Darren Lockyer.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.