Darren Lockyer Retirement plans?

Was just about to post this too.,
Nothing on the side, fail Broncos fb lol.

9 News say he's retiring at the end of the season.
Gutted.

Was to be expected. And IMO is the right move both for Locky and the club.

Let's not try and put pressure on the team to "do it for Locky", but just the same, let's make this season a celebration of his unparalleled career.

Good thing I am wearing black today. :cry:

Round 26 Fri, Sep 2 - Mon, Sep 5 T.B.A Broncos Sea Eagles Suncorp Stadium

Make sure you are there.

mrslong said:
9 News say he's retiring at the end of the season.
Gutted.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It won't be the same without the great man leading us every game.

Man that is so disappointing I'm shattered that it's his last year going to miss him so much :cry:

We all love you locky!!!!!! What an outstanding career and ?I really hope we can send you out with a premiership because if anyone deserves it, it is you!

I think he chose the right time to retire though, better retire now then go one one year too long.

Jeba said:

Make sure you are there.
indeed.

Just heard this on the wireless.

Was initially pretty sad, but trust him to make the best decision for both himself and the club.

What a player.

That final game is going to be a sad one

I thought he would have gone around at least one more season after this one. I dunno what we will do without him :cry:

Jeba said:

Make sure you are there.
Sad, sad news... :cry:

But I'll be there!
And in both final games at Suncorp.
And at ANZ, where Locky will retire with a huge bang! icon_thumbs_u

Go directly to the Immortals, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

mrslong said:
Go directly to the Immortals, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
+1765754546798089765432647980

It's going to be so weird to watch Brisbane, Queensland and Australia go round without Locky.

Truth be told, it was on the back of his and Gorden's signature that I got into the Broncos when I did. I always admired him as a talent but his supreme performance for Queensland in 2001 sealed his legacy for me and I've been a big supporter of his.

I'll definitely try and make his last game.

Sad face. Thought he had a 2012 in him under Benny, but on the bright side perhaps it's a year out and coach from 2013 kinda thing.

Great career; with Langer we knew Lockyer would be the next best thing which softened the blow. Step up, Hoffman/Norman/Hunt.

I pretty much never go to games but I will definitely try my best to make it out to this game.
This game NEEDS a full house, anything less would be disrespectful to the greatest player to pull on a jersey for our club and arguably the game.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Broncorob
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • rj9
  • Morepudding
  • Bish
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • ezpz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.